Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
These comments by Breer explains it...

"Return for LA limited by teams scared off on contract asks of a 29-year-old CB.
• Had it not been a team Ramsey was excited by, his $$ ask might’ve been bigger."

So say Detroit could offer more draft capital, well then Ramsey asks for more money and thus Detroits interest fades as does their offer, having to guarantee and or add more $ and yrs to his deal.

Ramsey gave Miami a discount and thus Miami could offer less without many other suitors. So the Rams were kind of in a tough spot.

Other teams not willing to rework his contract to Ramsey's top demands, and he lowered his demands for the Dolphins. So he basically engineered the trade.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Fucking hell, Snead. You basically trade a future HOFer for a third round pick and a disappointment at tight end. Well, at least we can fucking deal Higbee and Donald now.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
$500 and an old Ford.

I've got both, so I'll be flying quite high this afternoon.

the rolling stones GIF

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a separate problem. It is fair to point out we have fucked up our corner picks, just like we have with OL, but both must be addressed in the draft this year for the rebuild to be quick.
Its not a seperate problem, its the exact problem. So we should feel confident in the guy who overpaid for Ramsey, then overpaid Ramsey, then takes pennies on the dollar in return in getting rid of Ramsey so he could draft more players at a position that he has failed miserably on
Phew

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm guessing we're still over the salery cap

I'm guessing they won't get much of anything for Allen Robinson now

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Even you have to admit this is a terrible return.
I will say this... Before all this started I wanted them to trade him because I felt he had declined. At that point I had no idea what return we might get for him. Then the rumors started, which got me thinking crazy shit. But clearly the truth is we just moved a declining and overpaid corner to a team that will try to use him to squeeze out wins before he's done. It's very risky for Miami and also expensive. So of course that salary cap dump effect plays into the value.

Not sure how we'll feel next year but let's hit on that 3rd round pick and move on. That's just how I see it. The wailing and gnashing of teeth on Ramsey is worse than what we had with Goff. Because at least Goff was a team-first dude who still had upside pending. Ramsey is on the back nine and maybe well into it.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Rams had 5 suitors, and this is the deal Snead took... dunno....

EDIT - even if you think Ramsey is washed, such that the deal looks like moving on nicely timed in hindsight and "fair value" for what we sent the other way, the return could have been much better, so I can't see defending this trade.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
It sure looks like the brains of this FO left for Detroit a couple of years ago.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sorry to you all for being so pessimistic with the Rams this off-season. I'm thankful for the SB 2 years ago but not thankful enough for them to become a fucking joke again.
Pound some cold ones and get your draft gear ready Otto. You'll feel better in the morning.
~ Dr. Merlin

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
More I think about it, the more I'm wondering if a Stafford/Donald retirement and a complete destruction of the 2023 cap might not be so bad after all. Would be in the drivers seat for Caleb Williams

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Its not a seperate problem, its the exact problem. So we should feel confident in the guy who overpaid for Ramsey, then overpaid Ramsey, then takes pennies on the dollar in return in getting rid of Ramsey so he could draft more players at a position that he has failed miserably on
Phew
Snead is not the one who decided how much to pay Ramsey, that was Pastoors and Demoff. Snead is to blame for everything else.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Phew
No. They are two distinct and separate problems.

You have Ramsey and what to do with his aging, grabbing, holding, ego-driven and overpaid ass. And you have the fact that we have drafted like shit with the corners prior under this regime.

But let's disagree. We usually do anyway so nothing to see here. :cheers2:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ok so it happened. Whatever...I bet Jalen Ramsey lasts a couple years then gets cut in Miami.

He WAS a stud. He also started to get cooked by other WRs more often. I'm gonna miss him, but I'm also not gonna be "woe is me" either.