Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
vgbg1lkmuyka1.jpg

Could be nothing related to Ramsey/Rams but who knows…

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
When's the last time we heard of a Rams extension? We've heard of a few, but they're pretty secretive about it.
Last year ... Stafford (March) and Kupp (June).

Those were extensions. They added years to their contracts. Got more guaranteed-$. Helped the Rams' 2022 cap (combined $31M last year ... $47M this year ... as of now). And they were anticipated and widely reported.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jalen wants to be a Ram,Jalen will be a Ram!! The Rams do have an open relationship with there players.
—Cam Akers is an example of coming or going? Rams reports are not always true but when enough sources & talk is out there it adds up.
—Finding Value & a partner is the key.Talk is talk,so The Rams are keeping an open mind & seeing if all those things match up.
When The Front Office says every player has a price,I’m sure they do & wouldn’t be afraid to trade say AD99 for what they gave up to get Ramsey.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Those were extensions. They added years to their contracts. Got more guaranteed-$. Helped the Rams' 2022 cap (combined $31M last year ... $47M this year ... as of now). And they were anticipated and widely reported.
Funny - Brockers didn’t want to do that & The Rams traded him. Most Ram veterans have extended there contracts for the team.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto

Those were the last few I remember being public. Many of the others were surprises.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny - Brockers didn’t want to do that & The Rams traded him. Most Ram veterans have extended there contracts for the team.
Nobody extends their contract "for the team".
IIRC, the Rams wanted Brockers to take an actual pay cut, which he refused to do so they traded him

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
With Jalen it won’t be a wait & see. The Rams won’t run business that way,because of the negative.
Here is real speculation & says it has a source. Lmao - want to talk about a LIER(coyote news),this guy HATES The Rams.His BOYFRIEND BUDDY Simms is a niner Lover.
Here's a complete list of people whose opinions I care less about than Mike "Bane to all Collies" Florio:

(I'm done.)

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Gee the Rams always tells the public exactly what they are doing with personnel before free agency and the draft.

I just don’t understand what has gotten in to those guys, they owe us an explanation!

:not::not::not:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nobody extends their contract "for the team".
IIRC, the Rams wanted Brockers to take an actual pay cut, which he refused to do so they traded him
I’m no contract guy for sure.There is to much that goes into & IMO players make WAY to much MONEY!! Not going to say any more than that either because it is what it is.
What I do know is there are a few ways players work there contracts & restructure for both team & guaranteed money.
—I also saw how The Rams did both Saffold & Brockers solid with resigning them when things went south signing big time contracts at the time.
Kevin Demoff is more than fair with his contracts & The Rams really work well with there players imo.
—However it is The Rams work there contracts & salary as good as any team in The NFL.Really like knowing The Rams organization is in good hands.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
There is one CB in this years draft that reminds me a bit of Ramsey, Devon Witherspoon. If we can somehow get him in the draft by trading Ramsey, I'd feel a lot better about it. Problem is, I've seen him range from top 10 to around 20, so its tough to get a read on him. If we could get Lions #18 and their top 2nd and somehow, someway he falls to 18, I won't be mad.

Excuse the music:
Witherspoon

Dude lays the wood down on runs, seems to be sticky in coverage, and has that dog in him like JR.
He does look good but he's not as physically big as Jalen. Not sure him laying the wood transfers to his NFL game since there are way more physical specimens in the pros. I could see Metcalf or Deebo abusing him.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Kinda reminds me when we traded our leader Goff and how that ended…
Idk Shrug GIF by Landon Moss

Yeah, but Goff wasn’t the same type of leader that Jalen is IMO. Sean McVay was the leader of the offense.

You’re not going to find another Jalen Ramsey. Do we basically go from having Donald, Wagner, Ramsey…to Donald.

How many times has Ramsey delivered a big hit that pumped up the defense? Or fired up his team on the sidelines. Or shut down a receiver completely. Yes, he didn’t perform as well last year, but as many have stated, he’s not being used as a shut down corner. Having a corner as PFFs top run defender is proof of that. Losing Jalen is going to hurt more than people think. Draft time makes people crazy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And this is why players should ask for as much $$ as they can possibly get up front.
When they signed Ramsey they contracted to pay him the amount of his deal.
Now that there are CAP concerns and worse some people actually saying he's lost a step, (Which they are 100% WRONG BTW) so its time to trade him? Fuck that
This guy balled out all year, he didnt take the year off like the "other" stars did.
The hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Now he's too expensive? His play doesnt measure up to his pay? Horseshit. His is contract wasnt written with that proviso

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
And this is why players should ask for as much $$ as they can possibly get up front.
When they signed Ramsey they contracted to pay him the amount of his deal.
Now that there are CAP concerns and worse some people actually saying he's lost a step, (Which they are 100% WRONG BTW) so its time to trade him? Fuck that
This guy balled out all year, he didnt take the year off like the "other" stars did.
The hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Now he's too expensive? His play doesnt measure up to his pay? Horseshit. His is contract wasnt written with that proviso
Don't agree. Jalen is a Pro Bowl caliber CB. However, he has resorted to more holding of WRs than ever before and gets beat more than before. He got toasted in the SB. Had Donald not forced the errant toss from Joe, he was beat for the game winning TD. He's an A or A- CB, but he used to be an A+ "best-in-the-league-by-far" CB. Again, if the Rams FO thinks a SB is possible for 2023, by all means keep him for another year. If not, trade him for value.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
In addition to acquiring picks, a Ramsey trade could include swapping spots.

Someone in the first round, swaps with our 2nd, etc. I.e. we move up into round 1 plus other pick(s).

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah, but Goff wasn’t the same type of leader that Jalen is IMO. Sean McVay was the leader of the offense.

You’re not going to find another Jalen Ramsey. Do we basically go from having Donald, Wagner, Ramsey…to Donald.

How many times has Ramsey delivered a big hit that pumped up the defense? Or fired up his team on the sidelines. Or shut down a receiver completely. Yes, he didn’t perform as well last year, but as many have stated, he’s not being used as a shut down corner. Having a corner as PFFs top run defender is proof of that. Losing Jalen is going to hurt more than people think. Draft time makes people crazy.
Many here don't get the argument. This is not about how good Ramsey is. He is obviously a great player. It's about how much better his $33M of 23' & 24' cap room can be utilized.

No one argued that the Chuefs were better off losing Tyreke Hill, a guy who essentially won them a SB a few yrs ago. However they saw it was more important to spend money to keep Mahomes upright and not kill their cap for a non QB position, while also getting back draft picks.

And guess what? They were right.

Same issue here with Ramsey.