Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I'm thinking a likely trade would be Ramsey and Tunsil maybe with the hopes of expanding it but I don't want Ramsey to go but for Tunsil I'd have to pull the trigger and yes even for Burns.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Doesn't Raheem's defense play so far off that it's a waste to have a CB talent of Ramsey's level?

Get a DE and OL to sack and score points on Offense?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Doesn't Raheem's defense play so far off that it's a waste to have a CB talent of Ramsey's level?

Get a DE and OL to sack and score points on Offense?
Not if you have shit for CBs behind Ramsey. We literally have nothing proven behind him.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
He was my 2nd great grand uncle Carl E. Osborne. Convicted in 1912 of being part of the Kansas City based "Black Hand" ring before World War One. He was incarcerated at Leavenworth for 8 months and died the following year at 34 years of age.
I was not expecting that. Good stuff.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Reading 300+ threads here's what I glean in general from everyone.

Most don't want Jalen traded UNLESS it is a big haul. A big haul seems to be all over the map.

If traded no one wants him to go cheap some fear this will happen due to poor management negotiations.

Some wanted him to move to safety others back to corner exclusively many feel soft Morris zone underutilizes his talents.

Me I believe that he is still the best corner in the game and Morris does him no favors in the scheme he runs. One poster listed best corners in 2022 and JR was third. You don't give him away cheap period.

If the management wants to trade him I want a high #1 and a key player perfect trade for me is Houston Tunsil and #10 pick we give them our #2 and a 2nd next year back. Houston needs JR but may not be a team ready to make a deal like this. We need a value player like a Burns as someone mentioned.

But the biggest issue is with JR gone it will create a huge vacuum at #1 corner. As one poster eloquently put it - just wait till he is gone we will have endless threads weekly about our Morris lead defense playing so poorly everyones head will explode. Totally agree.

Again I vote for him to stay unless we get a super desperate offer and we only do it if it includes a manor player at any area of need LT, LG, C, OLB, CB - not just picks.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Not if you have shit for CBs behind Ramsey. We literally have nothing proven behind him.

Well, having just Ramsey didn't win us games so how is keeping him changing that?

I would prefer to keep him, but I am assuming the Rams traded for him to win a Superbowl, he helped do that.....mission accomplished. Now we deal with the aftermath.

Raheem's Defense requires a high scoring offensive unit.......it is best at holding a lead and slowing down high caliber offenses.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Well, having just Ramsey didn't win us games so how is keeping him changing that?

I would prefer to keep him, but I am assuming the Rams traded for him to win a Superbowl, he helped do that.....mission accomplished. Now we deal with the aftermath.

Raheem's Defense requires a high scoring offensive unit.......it is best at holding a lead and slowing down high caliber offenses.
Think you are definitely undervaluing him. That pass defense is going to look much worse without him and we won't have a CB that brings the smack down on run plays either. Deebo and DK are salivating playing us if we get rid of Ramsey. Unless we get a King's ransom for him and I mean really fleecing the other team, we shouldn't do this trade. Also this sends the wrong message to vets like AD on our team by getting rid of not only Wagner (which I understand), but Ramsey as well.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Think you are definitely undervaluing him. That pass defense is going to look much worse without him and we won't have a CB that brings the smack down on run plays either. Deebo and DK are salivating playing us if we get rid of Ramsey. Unless we get a King's ransom for him and I mean really fleecing the other team, we shouldn't do this trade. Also this sends the wrong message to vets like AD on our team by getting rid of not only Wagner (which I understand), but Ramsey as well.
Could be.
I am torn, but I feel like a high scoring offense fixes the Defense.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Could be.
I am torn, but I feel like a high scoring offense fixes the Defense.
I wish it did, but if we get to a point where we have to score every drive, I don't like that approach. If we had more developed talent behind Ramsey or really high draft picks to replace him, then I get it only if he is really pushing for a new contract (the new supposed rumor). We have so much to fix on the offense as far as the line that if we need to start working on filling holes on the defense, it's going to take away from that effort. We aren't in a great spot to get rid of star players. I'd aim more at getting rid of JAGs that aren't producing first.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was not expecting that. Good stuff.
The photo is from his Leavenworth prisoner file. When he died, his body was shipped from Leavenworth, KS to Plattsmouth, NE via the railroad in the dead of night. The short obituary was very limited, probably because of his scandalous past. The funeral was held at the funeral home and he was hurriedly buried. His sister (my 2 greats grandma) lived in the town at the time.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Whoever trades for Jalen Ramsey needs to be ready to pay him, too​

Four years ago, the eff-them-picks Rams made an all-in move for cornerback Jalen Ramsey. Less than three years after giving him a market-value contract, they’re ready to move on.

So why are the Rams shedding one of their best players? They’re supposedly committed to turning things around and not simply paying the bill for the Super Bowl buffet they enjoyed in 2021. Shouldn’t Ramsey, still only 28 years old, be part of that future?

The problem likely isn’t the balance of his current contract. The problem likely is that he’s angling for a new contract.

He has three years left on the five-year extension he signed in 2020. He’s due to make $17 million this year ($12.5 million of which is fully guaranteed), $18.5 million in 2024, and $19.5 million in 2025.

That’s an average of $18.33 million per year, over the balance of the deal. The full contract had an average of $20 million annually.

The cornerback market has sputtered in recent years, not increasing at the same rate as the salary cap. And Ramsey surely understands it.

There was talk before the 2022 season about Ramsey getting a new deal, but he still had four years left at the time. Now, with three years left, he likely wants a new deal — and he may be getting a new team in order to make that happen.

That seems to be the real reason why the Rams are trading him. It’s not because his skills have diminished, even if they have a bit. It’s not because his current deal has a bunch of phony-baloney, expensive, back-end balloon payments.

It’s because Ramsey wants more, and that the Rams are trying to accommodate him before things get as ugly as they did when he wanted out of Jacksonville.

That’s always the reality of trading for a guy who wants out of his current NFL situation. There’s a chance that, eventually, he’ll want out of his next situation, too.

That apparently won’t stop another team from giving up something to the Rams to get Ramsey, and then something more to Ramsey than he’s due to receive over the next three years.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Better to cut loose players a year early than a year late.

McVay and Snead have been to two super bowls the last five years and there's only one other team that has matched that achievement.

Those two know what is needed to win football games and sentimentality is not one of the ingredients.

We did a fucking lousy ass job of protecting our QB from a quality opponent's pass rush from day one last year and that is job one. Our rushing attack against playoff level competition also produced "botton of the barrel" results.

McVay and Snead are the real pro's. Needed changes have already been implemented and several more are coming.

Fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I can't conceive of any realistic scenario where we wouldn't be on the losing end of trading Ramsey. He's just too valuable--he's like Whit was, only to our DBs. He also stayed healthy all year, and we know how valuable that is.

dang

Legend

McVay and Snead have been to two super bowls the last five years and there's only one other team that has matched that achievement.

Those two know what is needed to win football games and sentimentality is not one of the ingredients.

We did a fucking lousy ass job of protecting our QB from a quality opponent's pass rush from day one last year and that is job one. Our rushing attack against playoff level competition also produced "botton of the barrel" results.

McVay and Snead are the real pro's. Needed changes have already been implemented and several more are coming.

The Rams need multiple teams with serious interest in Ramsey as he is looking for another significant contract (e.g. 4-5 year contract at a new high mark for CB contracts). And Ramsey is like a starving dog on a tenderloin when it comes to contracts. If Rams can get 2 starters for Ramsey in a trade (vet plus high draft pick) it could justify losing him.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

Don't believe Ramsey falls into that cut a year early category. He's still a top flight CB. The offensive line health really screwed us so we'll see if the Rams depend on better health there, make minor changes, or really shuffle the deck.