Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If Rams can get 2 starters for Ramsey in a trade (vet plus high draft pick) it could justify losing him.
Man, I hope that's the case. However, I don't see that type of return.

It probably has to be a team with cap space, that thinks it is really close and needs help at Cornerback.

I think a best case scenario is a mid/late #1 and a #3.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
let's say Baltimore gets Ramsey and we get their # 10 pick. who do we get?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Nobody remotely close to the caliber Ramsey is, and nobody remotely close that'll set the time like Ramsey does.

Just an awful idea all the way around. He's not a 32 year old washed up corner. Dude is still elite in not only coverage, but hitting, tone setting, and run stopping.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I'd like to think CB. It is a must-have position in today's pass-happy NFL, and if we lose Jalen Ramsey, the Rams' CBs would appear to my eye to be among the weakest in the league (although who knows how some of the already drafted youngsters might step up).

IMO, the ideal scenario if we trade Ramsey is to get a high enough draft pick in return to secure his immediate replacement - a player that can lock down opposing WRs right away, but provide much more longevity being years younger, and importantly, will be playing on a rookie contract for years to come.

Patrick Surtain II was taken 9th overall by Denver in 2021. He was the 2nd CB selected that year. If the Rams would be picking 10th overall, hopefully they could land a similarly skilled CB. I do not follow the draft too closely. Draft enthusiasts would know better than me if such a player might be available this year. I do not believe there is a consensus top order for this years CBs, however, which at times can spell trouble i.e. crapshoot if you are giving up a player of Ramsey's caliber to roll that dice.

The draft is never a sure thing. You have to hit on the draft pick. Ramsey is a sure thing at a must-have position. He is easily a top 3 CB in the NFL IMO and defends the run - very physically I might add! - as effectively as he does the pass. For that reason, I'd prefer to hang onto him, as I do think this core can contend for another year or so. But due to the aforementioned, Ramsey he should have huge value if the Rams do look to move him. The Rams had to give up two 1st round picks and a 4th round pick to acquire Ramsey - he was younger and cheaper then, but on the other hand, market value via trade appears to have gone up significantly in recent years, as many teams "go all in" following the Rams' Super Bowl template. So the return on Ramsey should be significant.

It sucks to say it but Baltimore actually seems a good fit for Ramsey. That team's defence always seems to be very physical with lots of swagger and mean bad asses who are elite players at their respective positions. Ramsey fits the prototype. He's from the east coast I think, although at least as per the press clips, he has really enjoyed L.A.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
If a Ram QB has time in the pocket with a Sean McVay offense coupled with a Defense that slows a team down = Playoffs for sure.

Ramsey is a good pass support CB still in his prime and is the best run support CB in the NFL, but he is NOT a good fit for a Raheem Morris defense, (its why Morris pushed him into a hybrid scheme to get some value out of an All Pro CB who has been asked to play off opponents and become bored on the field).

Once McVay and the Rams decided to continue with Morris, Ramsey's value to the team overall diminished.

Ramsey likes Morris, but the defensive scheme is not one that requires an All Pro CB.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It sucks to say it but Baltimore actually seems a good fit for Ramsey. That team's defence always seems to be very physical with lots of swagger and mean bad asses who are elite players at their respective positions. Ramsey fits the prototype. He's from the east coast I think, although at least as per the press clips, he has really enjoyed L.A.
He's from Nashville Tennessee, so let's send him to to the Titans, who need a splash and that would be an excellent addition for them. Rams get the 11th pick and would have their pick of CB's and I would go with Joey Porter, Jr., out of Penn State.

Starting Secondary:
Joey Porter, Jr.
Coby Durant
Quentin Lake
Jordan Fuller

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
The ultimate slap in the face to us Rams fans would be to trade Ramsey and get a sub par package in return. Please please please Snead, do not settle, play hard ball. Ramsey is not helping the situation announcing that he wants a new deal with THREE years left on his new deal...

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The compensation will be interesting. I suspect there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth when it is done. Hope for great return but ready for less.

My guess is a round 2 pick and maybe a round 3 or 4. But Snead has surprised me before like getting a round 2 pick for an oft-injured wideout. Though that was the Texans.

Psycho_X

Legend
If the rumors are true that he is pushing for a new contract than I change my tune about trading him if we can get some decent compensation for him. I think his current contract is appropriate and kind of annoyed if he is actually pushing for a new one. But all just rumors at this point.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Crash and burn
giphy.gif

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Three things I’m certain of:

1. Ramsey is a very valuable player and my preference is to keep him.*

2. *Unless the price is right.

3. Florio the collie molester is not to be trusted.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think if he was angling for a new contract with us, Jourdan would have reported it. Of course, going to a new team might in-of-itself generate that conversation.

Psycho_X

Legend
I think if he was angling for a new contract with us, Jourdan would have reported it. Of course, going to a new team might in-of-itself generate that conversation.
Yeah that's what I was wondering, if true what came first? Trade talk or contract demands? Might never know, hope we keep Ramsey but if not I hope we get appropriate comp for him.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'd be real tempted to pay him again. Take a smaller hit this year and make it trade able the next few.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Three things I’m certain of:

1. Ramsey is a very valuable player and my preference is to keep him.*

2. *Unless the price is right.

3. Florio the collie molester is not to be trusted.
Totally agree with #3.....unless I hear otherwise, the contract demand is something I don't believe since Florio is consistently wrong.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'd be real tempted to pay him again. Take a smaller hit this year and make it trade able the next few.
I like this idea, not we haven't signed someone to a big contract to only shortly trade them away. It all depends on if the rumor is true about him wanting a new contract and what he's asking for contract wise if true. Once again, we don't have jack shit behind this guy and the savings we get from this year doesn't move the needle much if at all. I'm all for keeping Ramsey as long as we reasonably can.