Rams waive Terrell Lewis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I agree that it's all good; and, as I posted earlier, quality teams lose talented players in free agency.

That being said, should Greg Gaines leave via free agency this coming off-season, is there a player not named Cooper Kupp on that list of 21 drafted players that is a top-quality starter for the Rams?
That’s a pretty tight filter. There are other players on that list who are quality starters for other teams.

No team gets “top-qualit” players every year in the draft.

Kupp’s work ethic make him exceptional. Some guys, for whatever reason, in every line of work just won’t do what it takes to reach that level.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Which I said in what you quoted.
Maybe you missed my point. You are referring to the Rams PS players as our preseason All Stars. But you want to sign other teams Practice Squad players. What makes you think they will be any better than what the Rams have on their PS?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No victim angle about it at all. Just a funny double standard. So before they'd won the Super Bowl they were unquestionable people. After they won it and had a losing season it's ok to question them. There's no rhyme or reason to this line of thought it's actually backwards. And I question their moves on a regular basis, as do a whole lotta people around here. I disagree with drafts as do the vast majority of people here. We all disagree with which free agents we sign and don't. You're included in all this as am I. We all disagree with things and are right and wrong and we all will like things they do and are right and wrong.
Yes we all do from time to time. We're all wrong. We're all right. Etc. This is why I don't like posts that try to characterize that there's some fucking conspiracy afoot. But enough of all that. Sometimes it gets on my last nerve is all.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would only count it as a complete miss if they are no longer in the league.

If they are still getting paid to play in the NFL, the miss might be the coaching staff or front office as much as the player.
That's interesting, we do look at things differently here.

My thoughts are on how these past Ram assets in this case "draft selections" benefited the Rams for the 4 yrs or less of their contract while these picks were with my team.

My interests stop immediately when these selections depart & I could care less how big of a hit or miss they are elsewhere in the NFL

I would hope that the Rams GM/HC make these draft selections for the benifit of the Rams not 31 other teams.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
I’ve said the exact thing about questioning them over and over, it’s perfectly fine. Some people for a year plus took it to an extreme and it wasn’t pleasant.

They gave us a trophy and have earned respect, doesn’t mean they’re perfect. I just like to throw out the trust line to remind people like us they’re not infallible but they do goo, same goes for the position coaches that they hired.
All true.
For all the struggles I think Carberry gets a bit of a mulligan this year.
No one can really prepare for playing your 11th or so position player depth wise....guys that weren't on the roster when the season started in a few cases.
The margin between winning and losing in the NFL is so thin.

fearsomefour

Legend
Agree. Of the five young Edge that played in the pre-season (2nd-year-player Garrett, plus first year players Keir Thomas, his brother Brayden, Whitley and Hardy) I thought Keir was the most impressive.
What I really liked about Thomas was his ability to set the edge.
Hollins was solid when he decided to he wanted to maintain the edge....he decided not to too many times.
Lewis didn't seem interested in it at all for the most part, haha.
Im surprised it took so long for Thomas to get on the field.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The big blow was poor drafting period. Look at the 2019 draft. That class being 3 years out should be performing this season but they didn't. Here's the class of 2019, only Gaines is anything nearing starter consistency:

1671292943658.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lot of non-difference-makers. We have a talent problem IMO.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What I really liked about Thomas was his ability to set the edge.
Hollins was solid when he decided to he wanted to maintain the edge....he decided not to too many times.
Lewis didn't seem interested in it at all for the most part, haha.
Im surprised it took so long for Thomas to get on the field.
I concur here, when you miss on draft choices you need to hit on UDRFA's and currently with Michael Hoecht & Keir Thomas that's all the Rams have left along with Daniel Hardy.

With that being posted I was impressed with Thomas, he seem to put an end to the Raiders running to that side, so the combination of Thomas & Hoecht seems strong with Hoecht adding some great pass rush.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All true.
For all the struggles I think Carberry gets a bit of a mulligan this year.
No one can really prepare for playing your 11th or so position player depth wise....guys that weren't on the roster when the season started in a few cases.
The margin between winning and losing in the NFL is so thin.
And that mulligan could extend down to others on the offensive side of coaching. Hard to get a real true gauge on any position group with the affect the OL had on stuff, even Samples could have stayed around if not for his promotion back in college.

fearsomefour

Legend
I concur here, when you miss on draft choices you need to hit on UDRFA's and currently with Michael Hoecht & Keir Thomas that's all the Rams have left along with Daniel Hardy.

With that being posted I was impressed with Thomas, he seem to put an end to the Raiders running to that side, so the combination of Thomas & Hoecht seems strong with Hoecht adding some great pass rush.
True.
I could see Thomas getting a lot of reps at Edge next year with Hoecht being a rotational pass rushing guy.
Maybe he gets 15 snaps a game and his job is to be an ears pinned back pass rusher and thats it.

fearsomefour

Legend
The big blow was poor drafting period. Look at the 2019 draft. That class being 3 years out should be performing this season but they didn't. Here's the class of 2019, only Gaines is anything nearing starter consistency:

View attachment 57868
The crazy thing is they have gotten contributions from almost all those guys.
Allen is on a team now if I am not mistaken....I think I saw his name pop up on an injury report.
Its not a terrible draft in the sense that all those guys are guys that are pro players....not pro bowlers or even starters in a lot of cases, but, NFL players still.
Long has moments as have Scott, Rapp and Henderson. Evans has, oddly, been maybe the most disappointing but has gotten the most chances.
I don't Henderson was used enough.
Gaines and Edwards are the gems of this draft really....a lot of games started between those two. Gaines is the real deal and the one stand out of this draft.
I think Long and Scott still have the opportunity to have good careers.
Interesting A consistent starter like Edwards was taken two round after Evans.
Im telling you....no matter all the research, staff hours, video breakdown, interviews, and stat crunchers....the draft is still a crapshoot.

fearsomefour

Legend
Another draft that looked great even a year ago.
Akers is doing his Akers thing.....
Jefferson is a key contributor.
Missing on Lewis hurts, but, he fell to where he did because of injury concerns. Those concerns were warranted it turns out.
Fuller and Burgess were contributors and looked like steals for where they were taken.
The cutting of Burgess was a bitter move.
Fuller not staying healthy has really crippled his career....when he is there to play, he is good.
The non development of Hopkins is a bummer too.
Its amazing how these drafts looked so great just a short time ago and now they look like a lot of misses.
The average NFL is about 3 years....maybe this is just par for the course?

fearsomefour

Legend
If the Rams can keep developing and using Tutu, him and Jones make the draft ok even if nothing else pans out.
You'd like to get more return but getting two good contributing starters isn't the end of the world.
Bobby Brown, Rochell, E Brown and Skow still have a chance to make this draft an excellent one.
Who knows if down the road two years we will be seeing these guys getting cut?