Rams waive Terrell Lewis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have to question the staff decision making to a degree.
I say this (we all are) with have zero knowledge of what is forming the coaches choices regarding playing time....practice, health, understanding of schemes etc....so, hard to say.
The OL player usage was strange to say the less. Sticking with Evans and Kolone when there were veterans brought in didn't make sense.
Total refusal to use Tutu, especially after injuries to other players, makes no sense. Turns out, the guy is a receiver.
The fact that Thomas and other couldn't beat Lewis out of time may or may not mean anything, as we've seen with other players finally getting a chance to play.
Trust in McSnead

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Didn’t we Trust in Fisher, Spagnuolo and Linehan?

I’m all in on Sean McVay. I think he’s great (not perfect). I love Snead’s aggressiveness. I do NOT want a change.

That being said, the Rams have mostly drafted poorly in recent drafts. Too many misses, and a few good picks lost.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
And Samson Ebukam the year before.
I still don't get that....I liked him though I guess others didn't. And he seems to make plays for the Niners.

season 3 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn’t we Trust in Fisher, Spagnuolo and Linehan?

I’m all in on Sean McVay. I think he’s great (not perfect). I love Snead’s aggressiveness. I do NOT want a change.

That being said, the Rams have mostly drafted poorly in recent drafts. Too many misses, and a few good picks lost.
Questioning McSnead last year wasn't an option. You were either backing them and anything they did or you were treated like crap around here and had your fandom questioned. Now after winning a Super Bowl it seems ok to question him. This timeline seems flawed to me

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Questioning McSnead last year wasn't an option. You were either backing them and anything they did or you were treated like crap around here and had your fandom questioned. Now after winning a Super Bowl it seems ok to question him. This timeline seems flawed to me
This year’s failure is mostly on the excessive number of injuries, in my opinion. Losing 8 of the top-9 OL for extended time has ruined any reasonable chance for an effective offense.

Being critical of the Rams’ draft selections between rounds 2-5 seems more like an observation than an opinion to me.

fearsomefour

Legend
There were plenty of folks questioning McVay during the winless month.
Questioning what people are doing in leadership positions is healthy and really needed no matter the position.
They don't (and probably shouldn't) give the reasons behind certain moves.
The most bizarre to me was trading Woods....that move made zero sense.
But, like I said, it would be very interesting to be a fly on the wall in those discussions with the brain trust.
The results so far have been great and provide them with a lot of lee way in my book.....not freedom from being questioned, but, leeway to do what they feel they need to do.
It will be interesting to see, if McVay sticks it out long term, does he become a consistent contending coach.....like a Andy Reid type, or does he morph into a so-so underachieving guy like Tomlin. Will be interesting to see and I hope he sticks around for quite some time and doesn't follow the path of his mentor, Gruden.
Over emotional swings are common with fan bases.
A coach wins 4 games in a row and he's the greatest since Lombardi....he loses 4 in a row and he's a bum who should immediately be fired.
No matter what, the choices that surprises are made are made for reason usually not revealed to fan bases.
The fans have a right to question moves, it's healthy.
The Rams willingness to cut bait on so many of their recent draft picks is surprising but healthy in a way too. They are going to do what they feel the need to do to make the team better.

fearsomefour

Legend
I still don't get that....I liked him though I guess others didn't. And he seems to make plays for the Niners.

season 3 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls
Hes playing a different position with SF.
I think the Rams liked his potential and athletic ability, but, he was used differently with the Rams.
He is playing (mostly) hand down DE with SF and doing very well.
He played mostly stand up edge with the Rams.

fearsomefour

Legend
Man, I always thought that if he could stay healthy, he'd be a beast. We had a thread about him a while ago, 1 week he was a beast, the next week a bust
Well, this year he seemed to be relatively healthy and did literally nothing
Yeah, he just didn't seem to have the ability to finish the rush. Thats a problem when your primary role is to rush the passer.
I wonder how many of his six sacks were because the QB could not step up in the pocket due to Donald?

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
OLB/Edge making a move on OL for biggest need on this team in the offseason. Draft, especially that early 2nd and 3rd pick, gonna be interesting. Not
To mention DL with potential losses along the line.

I’m sure McVay is gonna push hard for a RB & TE toys too.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Below are the Rams' draft choices between the 2nd and 5th Rounds from 2017-2020 under McVay and Snead.

Rd 2 ... Gerald Everett
Rd 3 ... Cooper Kupp
Rd 3 ... John Johnson
Rd 4 ... Josh Reynolds
Rd 4 ... Samson Ebukam

Rd 3 ... Joseph Noteboom
Rd 4 ... Brian Allen
Rd 4 ... John Franklin-Myers
Rd 5 ... Micah Kiser
Rd 5 ... Obo Okoronkwo

Rd 2 ... Taylor Rapp
Rd 3 ... Darrell Henderson
Rd 3 ... David Long
Rd 3 ... Bobby Evans
Rd 4 ... Greg Gaines
Rd 5 ... David Edwards

Rd 2 ... Cam Akers
Rd 2 ... Van Jefferson
Rd 3 ... Terrell Lewis
Rd 3 ... Terrell Burgess
Rd 4 ... Bryce Hopkins

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Below are the Rams' draft choices between the 2nd and 5th Rounds from 2017-2020 under McVay and Snead.

Rd 2 ... Gerald Everett
Rd 3 ... Cooper Kupp
Rd 3 ... John Johnson
Rd 4 ... Josh Reynolds
Rd 4 ... Samson Ebukam

Rd 3 ... Joseph Noteboom
Rd 4 ... Brian Allen
Rd 4 ... John Franklin-Myers
Rd 5 ... Micah Kiser
Rd 5 ... Obo Okoronkwo

Rd 2 ... Taylor Rapp
Rd 3 ... Darrell Henderson
Rd 3 ... David Long
Rd 3 ... Bobby Evans
Rd 4 ... Greg Gaines
Rd 5 ... David Edwards

Rd 2 ... Cam Akers
Rd 2 ... Van Jefferson
Rd 3 ... Terrell Lewis
Rd 3 ... Terrell Burgess
Rd 4 ... Bryce Hopkins
Boy, could they use a 2017-type draft this year.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Boy, could they use a 2017-type draft this year.
Yes but it would have been nice if the Rams could have held on to one or two more from that Draft-class beyond their rookie contracts.

Good teams have strong rosters and will lose good players to weak teams with tons of cap space. However, you need to hold onto some of those guys. I was very disappointed when they lost Johnson; and, in hindsight, wished Everett had bee retained. For me, Gaines is key this off-season.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love Snead and McVay.
Questioning something doesn't mean your bailing on them. There are some moves that deserve to be questioned.
The results to this point give them a lot of leeway.
Love this
Totally agree.
Nobody is infallible, coaches & GM's aren't for sure. We dont judge them by their mistakes, we judge them by their success. And by success, I consider it to be the best 6 year run a Rams team has had in my lifetime
I dont want ANY change with McVay and Snead, but for sure there are things that we can complain about, Im sure they'd even agree with some of the criticism made for decisions that were made.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There were plenty of folks questioning McVay during the winless month.
Questioning what people are doing in leadership positions is healthy and really needed no matter the position.
They don't (and probably shouldn't) give the reasons behind certain moves.
The most bizarre to me was trading Woods....that move made zero sense.
But, like I said, it would be very interesting to be a fly on the wall in those discussions with the brain trust.
The results so far have been great and provide them with a lot of lee way in my book.....not freedom from being questioned, but, leeway to do what they feel they need to do.
It will be interesting to see, if McVay sticks it out long term, does he become a consistent contending coach.....like a Andy Reid type, or does he morph into a so-so underachieving guy like Tomlin. Will be interesting to see and I hope he sticks around for quite some time and doesn't follow the path of his mentor, Gruden.
Over emotional swings are common with fan bases.
A coach wins 4 games in a row and he's the greatest since Lombardi....he loses 4 in a row and he's a bum who should immediately be fired.
No matter what, the choices that surprises are made are made for reason usually not revealed to fan bases.
The fans have a right to question moves, it's healthy.
The Rams willingness to cut bait on so many of their recent draft picks is surprising but healthy in a way too. They are going to do what they feel the need to do to make the team better.
I’ve said the exact thing about questioning them over and over, it’s perfectly fine. Some people for a year plus took it to an extreme and it wasn’t pleasant.

They gave us a trophy and have earned respect, doesn’t mean they’re perfect. I just like to throw out the trust line to remind people like us they’re not infallible but they do goo, same goes for the position coaches that they hired.

Psycho_X

Legend
If it was up to me this would be my choice for the job.
Keir Thomas
Keir Thomas Contract Breakdowns

RAMS, OLB
Exp:Years
Undrafted:2022, Rams
College:Florida State

Agreed, want to see a heavy dose of Thomas and Hardy rest of season.

Lewis was weird... seemed like he was starting to break out, at least as a valuable rotation piece, and then all but disappeared this season.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If it was up to me this would be my choice for the job.
Keir Thomas
Agree. Of the five young Edge that played in the pre-season (2nd-year-player Garrett, plus first year players Keir Thomas, his brother Brayden, Whitley and Hardy) I thought Keir was the most impressive.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Players who overperform their talent level > players who underperform/tease but have great upside. Also no more walking injury risk types Les.
This is my position as well, I get it that sometimes you feel like a high-value upside athlete is sitting there while you are on the clock and nobody on your board stands out but on-field production takes precedence over the underwear Olympics. I will say I was wrong on T Lew his athleticism and body type seemed like a really nice NFL combo for him but boy did he underperform. Save the 1.4 and move on.
Hardy and Thomas for starters
I think we will see Thomas a bit and I sure hope he at least shows some promise, he seems like he has some ability and a really nice motor. Hardy is a much bigger project and still getting up to speed, I would like to see him at least get a couple of snaps in real-game situations and see if he is at all suited to play against the bigger, stronger, and faster NFL players that he will be seeing on Sundays

Tano

Legend
Agreed, want to see a heavy dose of Thomas and Hardy rest of season.

Lewis was weird... seemed like he was starting to break out, at least as a valuable rotation piece, and then all but disappeared this season.
Maybe Lewis should have only been a 3rd and long option so he could concentrate on rushing the passer.

His containment was terrible this year.

Whenever I saw a long run by the opposing team, it was almost always a wide run to the right side of the Rams defense.