Rams waive Terrell Lewis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still remember after we drafted him people were saying he was unlockable in practice at Alabama when he was healthy.
These are some of the gambles a Front office has to make when we have no first Round Picks. I do not begrudge the FO on swinging the bat...I also applaud them for releasing someone they knew would spark criticism over their miss...mark of responsible Team Management. Go Rams!

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There were plenty of folks questioning McVay during the winless month.
Questioning what people are doing in leadership positions is healthy and really needed no matter the position.
They don't (and probably shouldn't) give the reasons behind certain moves.
The most bizarre to me was trading Woods....that move made zero sense.
But, like I said, it would be very interesting to be a fly on the wall in those discussions with the brain trust.
The results so far have been great and provide them with a lot of lee way in my book.....not freedom from being questioned, but, leeway to do what they feel they need to do.
It will be interesting to see, if McVay sticks it out long term, does he become a consistent contending coach.....like a Andy Reid type, or does he morph into a so-so underachieving guy like Tomlin. Will be interesting to see and I hope he sticks around for quite some time and doesn't follow the path of his mentor, Gruden.
Over emotional swings are common with fan bases.
A coach wins 4 games in a row and he's the greatest since Lombardi....he loses 4 in a row and he's a bum who should immediately be fired.
No matter what, the choices that surprises are made are made for reason usually not revealed to fan bases.
The fans have a right to question moves, it's healthy.
The Rams willingness to cut bait on so many of their recent draft picks is surprising but healthy in a way too. They are going to do what they feel the need to do to make the team better.
I will offer an opinion on the Woods trade thinking...but of course, just an opinion. I think Sean fell in love with the Goal Line 50/50 ball that we had with OBJ down the stretch. Sean could have been thinking that he wasn't sure if OBJ would be available at all this year, so he took a player that was known for 50/50 possession catches in Allen Robinson. I think he liked the idea of good Red Zone catches instead of the Swiss Knife ability of Robert Woods. Just a guess really, but that's the only way I could square it. I loved Bobby Woods...great teammate, great professional.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
IMO, getting rid of Lewis is about getting rid of dead weight to free up roster space and evaluate othet teams practice squad players. Now is the time. Hope Long is next.
The one advantage of losing is it forces the team to cast off the shitters they are trying to hang on to hope with.

Questioning McSnead last year wasn't an option. You were either backing them and anything they did or you were treated like crap around here and had your fandom questioned. Now after winning a Super Bowl it seems ok to question him. This timeline seems flawed to me
There's another way to look at this: you were wrong for questioning them last season as proven by the Super Bowl win. And you're wrong again this year as proven by the team losing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's another way to look at this: you were wrong for questioning them last season as proven by the Super Bowl win. And you're wrong again this year as proven by the team losing.
Your attempted logic has failed since I do in fact question them this year but thank you for the effort.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's another way to look at this: you were wrong for questioning them last season as proven by the Super Bowl win.
Just so I'm clear, there's no questioning the decisions made last year simply because they won the Super Bowl?
Interesting
So that makes the Tutu pick perfectly understandable?

Ram65

Legend
I for one thought T-Lew was worth the risk. The reported talent just never showed up. Could have been the injuries taking their toll and thus he didn't put out the effort.

Rams cleaning the house to see what's under the covers. Making a good Draft isn't easy or guaranteed. Snead and McVay have their work cut out for them. We know they will be working hard but results aren't guaranteed.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I for one thought T-Lew was worth the risk. The reported talent just never showed up.
Agreed. The guy was a first-round talent but his health was questioned. In the end... it wasn't really about his health. As far as we know anyway.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I for one thought T-Lew was worth the risk. The reported talent just never showed up. Could have been the injuries taking their toll and thus he didn't put out the effort.

Rams cleaning the house to see what's under the covers. Making a good Draft isn't easy or guaranteed. Snead and McVay have their work cut out for them. We know they will be working hard but results aren't guaranteed.
I think reading here and other places about the Rams the risk was fine but what a lot of questions surround is there are too many injury risks. Some injury risk players are fine the Rams just seem to do a lot of it without hedging on some safer bets.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It's sad we really could have used a good ER. His future if he has any will be in a 43 @ DE. I hope this is a sign in the next 4 gms that DC morris is going to utilize his younger ER's to see what kind of a future they might have with the Rams in 2023.

I never had all that much hope with TL. Been a long long time since I posted anything positive about him. I will have to go back & search for when that happened. I really like what I see in very few snaps in Kier Thomas this season.

TL never put it together at Bama either when they were full of Blue Chip players & winning all the time. I believe TL lacks the heart & desire myself.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Below are the Rams' draft choices between the 2nd and 5th Rounds from 2017-2020 under McVay and Snead.

Rd 2 ... Gerald Everett
Rd 3 ... Cooper Kupp
Rd 3 ... John Johnson
Rd 4 ... Josh Reynolds
Rd 4 ... Samson Ebukam

Rd 3 ... Joseph Noteboom
Rd 4 ... Brian Allen
Rd 4 ... John Franklin-Myers
Rd 5 ... Micah Kiser
Rd 5 ... Obo Okoronkwo

Rd 2 ... Taylor Rapp
Rd 3 ... Darrell Henderson
Rd 3 ... David Long
Rd 3 ... Bobby Evans
Rd 4 ... Greg Gaines
Rd 5 ... David Edwards

Rd 2 ... Cam Akers
Rd 2 ... Van Jefferson
Rd 3 ... Terrell Lewis
Rd 3 ... Terrell Burgess
Rd 4 ... Bryce Hopkins
Looks like about 80-90% of all those players are still in the league. Doesn’t look like a lot of misses to me.

Some of those guys are gone because of the way the Rams pay the top end, not because the couldn’t play in the league.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We’ll I wonder about players I had visions for that have practiced at those positions of Failure.

1. Ernest Brown LE/LDT ? Playing more or less of the spot Floyd plays. I would also like to see Floyd play more LOLB as an Edge.
Of course Thomas,Thomas & Hoecht .
2. AJ Arcuri at some point if worthy?I actually think RT is his spot & Big Rob’s replay? Maybe real wishful thinking.Practice squad 22/ back-up23/ and starter 24 at worst would be my hope?

3. Mayfield as the backup QB - hoping he handles the starting job well right now.
4.Start to sort the DB’s,but could any be worth a Comp pick, Nick Scott,d.Long, & Rapp.

—This group is who helped The Rams win the Superbowl.Eric Weedle helped & even D.Henderson as well.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I still don't get that....I liked him though I guess others didn't. And he seems to make plays for the Niners.

season 3 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls
He made more plays for the Rams!! It's just perspective that when he makes a play for SF, he's an ex-Ram.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Looks like about 80-90% of all those players are still in the league. Doesn’t look like a lot of misses to me.

Some of those guys are gone because of the way the Rams pay the top end, not because the couldn’t play in the league.
Wow. I genuinely admire the optimism but I really don't share it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He made more plays for the Rams!! It's just perspective that when he makes a play for SF, he's an ex-Ram.
Ebukham was a nice draft pick,but he is no George Kittle. Those E.Washington guys haven’t done to bad for The RMs though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Just so I'm clear, there's no questioning the decisions made last year simply because they won the Super Bowl?
Interesting
So that makes the Tutu pick perfectly understandable?
I didn't say that. Just pointing out there's more ways to view it than the victim angle. He was wrong about the QB move. Many were. Doesn't make them victims makes them wrong.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Wow. I genuinely admire the optimism but I really don't share it.
All good.

I don’t think the talent pool is huge enough to supply the players need to staff the league. Seeing player move on to other teams and still find playing time is the norm. Different coaches find ways to utilize discarded players. Others like John Johnson seem like bad decisions but has he been that good since leaving? I rarely if ever hear anything about him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Just centering in on their time as a Ram I only see 3 hits from this list of 21.

John Johnson
Cooper Kupp
Greg Gaines

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't say that. Just pointing out there's more ways to view it than the victim angle. He was wrong about the QB move. Many were. Doesn't make them victims makes them wrong.
No victim angle about it at all. Just a funny double standard. So before they'd won the Super Bowl they were unquestionable people. After they won it and had a losing season it's ok to question them. There's no rhyme or reason to this line of thought it's actually backwards. And I question their moves on a regular basis, as do a whole lotta people around here. I disagree with drafts as do the vast majority of people here. We all disagree with which free agents we sign and don't. You're included in all this as am I. We all disagree with things and are right and wrong and we all will like things they do and are right and wrong.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Just centering in on their time as a Ram I only see 3 hits from this list of 21.

John Johnson
Cooper Kupp
Greg Gaines
I would only count it as a complete miss if they are no longer in the league.

If they are still getting paid to play in the NFL, the miss might be the coaching staff or front office as much as the player.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
All good.

I don’t think the talent pool is huge enough to supply the players need to staff the league. Seeing player move on to other teams and still find playing time is the norm. Different coaches find ways to utilize discarded players. Others like John Johnson seem like bad decisions but has he been that good since leaving? I rarely if ever hear anything about him.
I agree that it's all good; and, as I posted earlier, quality teams lose talented players in free agency.

That being said, should Greg Gaines leave via free agency this coming off-season, is there a player not named Cooper Kupp on that list of 21 drafted players that is a top-quality starter for the Rams?