Rams waive Terrell Lewis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not surprised.

Freaking SAD!! Akers might be a wasted pick as well?

IMO this is why The Rams won’t make the playoffs.

— Bobby Brown,E. Jones,Tutu Atwell,Ben Sko,A’Jackson,E. Brown should be the core of the 2023 season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Apparently he would have been a first round pick if he hadn't had a bad knee.

But there is something more to this guy, he finally has a healthy year, and he doesn't try hard?

I don't get it.
The knee was bad when they drafted him. The first round hype apparently was just that too. He may be a great athlete but he’s not a great football player.

Drafting injured players is a waste. It’s too big of a gamble.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hardy and Thomas for starters
The guys who couldn't get in the lineup over Lewis until now? I'm all for home grown talent but like a lot of our preseason all stars they don't do anything in the regular season. Not saying somebody else's PS guys will be better but I don't have the same enthusiasm after years of let down from our PS guys.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The guys who couldn't get in the lineup over Lewis until now? I'm all for home grown talent but like a lot of our preseason all stars they don't do anything in the regular season. Not saying somebody else's PS guys will be better but I don't have the same enthusiasm after years of let down from our PS guys.
But I’d imagine Thomas gets a ton of snaps this week & Hardy a few more.
Both are rookies… so I don’t have any reason to write them off yet.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But I’d imagine Thomas gets a ton of snaps this week & Hardy a few more.
Both are rookies… so I don’t have any reason to write them off yet.
Now that Lewis is gone sure they will. I'm not writing them off I just don't put any weight into what they do in preseason games until I see them on the field in the regular season. Which until this week we hadn't with at least Thomas.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’ve crossed the Equator 4 times in the last month and a half now! The difference between timezones, travel, jet lag, no internet in the jungle has kicked my ass on following what I’ve could.

Couldn’t remember their names apparently smh but Hardy is the one I’m excited about! I’m excited to how performs, it’s a shame we kept Lewis for so long, I liked Garrett as well.
Yeah - I wish Mcvay would have let 1 play go off before he changed drills Garrett going against Noteboom.
I swear he did it because of me getting excited with Garrett.He came over & told them the play was over.I saw Garrett needed motivation.would have been fun 1 on 1 that close on the goal line.
—Hardy is just getting his chance.Kier Thomas is actually looking good. Hoecht needs more experience to the table in game prep.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s the two I was thinking of! Hardy and Garrett! Where are those two dudes at? I know they were injured, maybe they are healed and ready to go now?

( lol I thought one’s name started with a P smh)

you were probably thinking of brady poppinga.

oldnotdead

Legend
Hoecht is a DT trying to make the transition to edge. The experience will help him overall. I think he's destined to play 3T when AD leaves. He and Gaines inside should be a good pair.

I should be able to grab a pretty good edge from where they are likely to be drafting (around the middle of the 2nd round). Someone like Jared Verse should be available. He's got good length and excellent speed with a burst off the snap. His game needs polishing so he would be best used in rotation as a rookie. But with Hardy as that rotation guy, the Rams should have a complementary edge opposite Floyd on each down. I see them grabbing either a TE or RB in the 3rd round. The Rams look to have the bulk of their draft in the 6th round. I can see them picking up OL depth in that round. I think they will give Brian Allen one more year to see if he can stay healthy. If he can't they have a cap out in 2024 and can extend Shelton as their center. Except for his injury history, Allen has developed into a pretty savvy center. Mayfield commented on how Allen was helping him with the OL calls.

I see this team returning to form next year regardless of who is at QB.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Apparently he would have been a first round pick if he hadn't had a bad knee.

But there is something more to this guy, he finally has a healthy year, and he doesn't try hard?

I don't get it.
Maybe he had a healthy year ‘because’ he didn’t try hard.
Just spit balling.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Hindsight is always 20/20. Noone here had a problem with the pick when it happened, we all knew it was a risky pick but most agreed it would be well worth it if he panned out. Unfortunately it didn't, but that was always the known risk.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, other teams Practice Squad players are their preseason All Stars.

Plus Hardy was injured.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
only 30% of 3rd round picks even make an NFL roster.

he at least contributed a litte bit... but just not good enough - like most people.
This is far from true. So 70% of thirds get cut by team that drafts them? No. Perhaps 70% don’t sign a SECOND contract. It’s very rare a team ever cuts a third round pick out of the gate- they all make the team.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I still remember after we drafted him people were saying he was unlockable in practice at Alabama when he was healthy.
That was articles from Alabama.He was hurt so bad there.
—I believed because of Mcvay & Reggie that things might have changed & been alright.(Just basic of many reasons).
—Never thought he would be an Edge Rusher,plus he was a twinner.A freak build,but not athlete. There is a difference.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lewis laid Gronk tf out. I will always appreciate him for that.
Yep!! That hit really help Gronk think about coming back with Brady.
—Truth - great hit, but how GREAT was GRONK? 3 times straight Brady went to Gronk &
Cory Littleton was underneath he all 3 times.
Freaking 3rd time Cory had better coverage over the top,but Littleton was a 1/4 step slower & Brady finally put it in a perfect spot. That was after the John Sullivan hold in the 3rd qrt.

Just glad The Rams won it all last season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This is far from true. So 70% of thirds get cut by team that drafts them? No. Perhaps 70% don’t sign a SECOND contract. It’s very rare a team ever cuts a third round pick out of the gate- they all make the team.
Who was the DE The Rams gave up on but kept SJD69? Another 3 name guy with like Myers? Went to the Jets & signed a BigTine contract?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, getting rid of Lewis is about getting rid of dead weight to free up roster space and evaluate othet teams practice squad players. Now is the time. Hope Long is next.

fearsomefour

Legend
I have to question the staff decision making to a degree.
I say this (we all are) with have zero knowledge of what is forming the coaches choices regarding playing time....practice, health, understanding of schemes etc....so, hard to say.
The OL player usage was strange to say the less. Sticking with Evans and Kolone when there were veterans brought in didn't make sense.
Total refusal to use Tutu, especially after injuries to other players, makes no sense. Turns out, the guy is a receiver.
The fact that Thomas and other couldn't beat Lewis out of time may or may not mean anything, as we've seen with other players finally getting a chance to play.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, I always thought that if he could stay healthy, he'd be a beast. We had a thread about him a while ago, 1 week he was a beast, the next week a bust
Well, this year he seemed to be relatively healthy and did literally nothing