Rams waive Henderson and Hollins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Another weird aspect of this - Henderson could have potentially signed a FA deal worth enough to earn or offset a late round compensatory pick.

That was my IMMEDIATE thought when I heard the news.
Head scratcher.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
That was my IMMEDIATE thought when I heard the news.
Head scratcher.
They are going to lose 6 or 7 guys...so not sure it was going to matter that much losing one of those opportunities for a comp pick.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Gurley's knees were shot.... he was out of the league one year later at age 27.
We know this it's when his knee he was playing at peak level there were times people questioned why are we abandoning the run even with a Gurley so could be nothing could be a trend. That's all.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
RBs on all teams are really devalued... or treated like one of many instead of a bell cow in the game today. There are still a few bell cows out there but they are not common... and the teams that put their team's offensive hopes mostly in their hands are finished as soon as that bell cow gets dinged up.

It's not just a Ram thing, it's a league thing now. I'm sure this has caused most RBs to feel like it's them against the world nowadays. Their careers have a short shelf life compared to other positions as it is. They have no choice but to put themselves ahead of almost everything... including the "We Not Me".

It's just the way the league has evolved. Can't blame the teams or the RBs for the way they have to react.
I agree I got into a debate on how a RB no longer really cinches a trip to the Superbowl....while I thought CMC was a good acquisition for the whiners because of the QB Achilles I can't remember who the last team with a superstar all pro RB won the Superbowl and if so not many in the last what 20 year.

The argument remains though maybe nothing to it but since other teams are doing it why though is it perhaps a problem here. There were again times gurleys usage was questioned before he was done and he would be snooty in the presser so again could be nothing or perhaps a disconnect.

I think though most people on here at one point or another have stayed concern on how and when the run game is being used. I'm just not sure honestly.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
For those saying a RB doesn't make much of a difference, just look at how Bryce Hall. The Jets were doing good on offense with him balling out even with Zach Wilson not playing well. Now that he's out, the running game all of a sudden isn't as good. We haven't had a dominant back since Gurley. I'm sure the offense would look much improved if we got a good one at that spot while also trying to upgrade our line.

fearsomefour

Legend
For those saying a RB doesn't make much of a difference, just look at how Bryce Hall. The Jets were doing good on offense with him balling out even with Zach Wilson not playing well. Now that he's out, the running game all of a sudden isn't as good. We haven't had a dominant back since Gurley. I'm sure the offense would look much improved if we got a good one at that spot while also trying to upgrade our line.
Im amazed the Jets didn't make a move for a QB....mainly Carr, before the trading deadline.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Im amazed the Jets didn't make a move for a QB....mainly Carr, before the trading deadline.
If they manage to get a good QB to pair with Hall, those young WRs and that defense, they will be a playoff team. They got some talent over there. Can't believe I'm saying that about the Jets while our Rams suck so bad.

fearsomefour

Legend
I have never been more baffled and confused by a team in my life.
Me too.
It started with the Woods trade.
it seems the team is unraveling. Maybe McVay has lost the locker room a bit.
I would love to be a fly on the wall with McVay and Snead going over their moves because they seem flailing and strange.

fearsomefour

Legend
If they manage to get a good QB to pair with Hall, those young WRs and that defense, they will be a playoff team. They got some talent over there.
Exactly.
They are close to being ready to challenge. That D is good.
A QB like Carr who can play at a high level helping the D and being helped by feeding the running game could have been a great match.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think the question has to be asked at this point......are the Rams the worst team in the NFL right now?
I think they are.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I think the question has to be asked at this point......are the Rams the worst team in the NFL right now?
I think they are.
Not sure if we are but we are definitely in the running. Been a brutal season. Why can't we enjoy bragging about being champs while looking like we have a shot to possibly defend it? Depressing how quickly our season spiraled outta control.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
It blows my mind to see this team take a nosedive as quick as they did. I want to be positive that they still got it, but I know they got no fighting will instilled and we are defeated. From within too many questionable incidences of teamates butting heads is not a good look for a team overall. I think a lot of changes will and need to happen. Someone needs to take control.

fearsomefour

Legend
Not sure if we are but we are definitely in the running. Been a brutal season. Why can't we enjoy bragging about being champs while looking like we have a shot to possibly defend it? Depressing how quickly our season spiraled outta control.
This is post 2001 Martz Rams 2.0
No team in sports short circuits what should be long winning windows like the Rams.
If Stafford retires it will be a decade of losing at least.
Fuck me.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I think what we may be seeing from McVay in these cuts is him saying if you’re still not going to give it your best in practice and your game both in attitude and effort then you don’t belong on this team. That’s the only thing that makes sense here.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm going to need some more info on this. Otherwise, I'm just going to have to create some insane backstory on how Akers somehow managed to survive three weeks in exile while Hendo gets the boot out of nowhere.
The info you require is Henderson is shit. At least Akers got pissed off because he couldn't play. They kept the right backs. Finally.

Now take this new direction into the offseason and add another one to the mix. Hopefully one with some gravitas to his run style.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I think what we may be seeing from McVay in these cuts is him saying if you’re still not going to give it your best in practice and your game both in attitude and effort then you don’t belong on this team. That’s the only thing that makes sense here.
That would be valid if Evans was also cut, but apparently we can’t afford to get rid of him.