Rams waive Henderson and Hollins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I don't know McVay's reason for this move, but Henderson seemed to be a decent contributor and could even line up and catch passes. I know he made a critical catch in the super bowl. But I'm a little surprised unless this was a cost saving move to bring in another top player, maybe for next season??

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Btw I expect Samples will end up fired before the season's over. I think he has completely failed in connecting the RB room to the staff and his inability to handle the personalities was part of all this drama. Not exempting the backs as I think they share that too, but you can't have that level of disruption from one room on a contender without that coach paying for it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Btw I expect Samples will end up fired before the season's over. I think he has completely failed in connecting the RB room to the staff and his inability to handle the personalities was part of all this drama. Not exempting the backs as I think they share that too, but you can't have that level of disruption from one room on a contender without that coach paying for it.
Possibly, but name a position group that hasn't failed on this team.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One person's name I never hear mentioned with the avalanche of injuries this year is Reggie Scott. He received subdued praise the past few years for keeping a talented, veteran roster healthy. What happened this year, Reggie?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Law of averages? :biggrin:

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Henderson's reaction is pretty concerning.
What is going on in that locker room?
Is it the fact that the RBs are an afterthought in McVay's offense?
Are they asked to do too much blocking or something?
I dont get it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

henderson is probably happy to jump off this train wreck earlier than expected. the rams weren't gonna bring him back, going nowhere this season, weren't using him, better to part ways now.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Hendo and Cam both wanted more touches... that much we know.

When we had a healthy Gurley it was all him and an avg RB to give him a rest on a couple plays. I think that's what McVay wants but he's thinking too much. I got 3 pretty good guys let's platoon them but wait I only run 20 times a game anyway so that's 7 carries each...

And the RBs are like we can't gain momentum we get subbed out before we can get into a groove. How does that make sense. A RB is working on defenders gaining confidence and seeing the defense and making adjustments. Then he's pulled.

When I used to play basketball ( I know diff sport) and get pulled I hated it; I used to play all game in practice and several games in a row when winning until I was dripping. The competitiveness is too high to have to be taken out. I wanted to keep going. Then there goes the confidence.

Last edited:

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Was that supposed to be in blue font?
Yup that's our (McVay's) excuse. The only reason we can even fathom him still on the team. That one and "he plays multiple positions." Yeah but all at an astounding 35 PFF grade!

Tano

Legend
Yup that's our (McVay's) excuse. The only reason we can even fathom him still on the team. That one and "he plays multiple positions." Yeah but all at an astounding 35 PFF grade!
Well his run blocking is an astounding 45 or so with his pass blocking at an even better 15 for the year

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
I think the question has to be asked at this point......are the Rams the worst team in the NFL right now?
I think they are.

I'm not sure we are, but I really don't know who is. Panthers?

The fact that we have lost to other struggling teams, Bucs, Cardinals, Saints, hasn't helped.
The injuries are the main reason, but there seems little fight at times.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Ellard80

Legend
I find it somewhat amusing that a guy who never had more than 600 yards rushing and was hurt all the time gets released

and its a sign of the apocalypse.

Jourdan posted that before the season even started they were likely not going to have hendo back and that was kyrens job.

Now that the season is tanked they are going to use kyren.