Rams vs Raiders Celebration Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How cool is it that not only is Mayfield now entrenched as the QB for the rest of the season, but that the next 3 games are nationally televised for all of us to enjoy!!!

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
As with every game Ramsey played both from what I saw and had good and bad snaps in each type.
You are right, but he was on him most the time. The rams mixed it up. This is what we are asking for.
Adams 3 catches 71 yards no TDs. Got half on the 1st play.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
The funny thing is The concept some of us have is silly.

Richard Sherman was HOT & a few ex-players called for the Raiders DC head by name. He didn’t let it go either.
Richard Sherman hates the Rams so that made it even worse for him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Gosh Havenstien got exposed badly.

That hold that wasn’t called was BAD !!
That Non-a holding call made up for all the BAD calls against The Rams,so I’ll say they equaled out.

My question to you is what does The Rams O’Line look to you now Bonifay’d? The Rams can’t sign everyone.

BTW Brian Allen did an excellent job play calling The Offensive line calls.
Without Allen making those calls & communicating with Baker he would have not been able to do what he did.

IMO they just build through it & Mayfield can free style it like he does as well.Shelton showed he can handle RG well & is still a Great Swing/Center option for depth if The Rams can solidify there guard spot.

Once again though I would still say A’Jackson is The Rams best RG.

I could tell you what that would look like,& Anchrum just won what award?
I think SJD69 won it or almost did for giving back off the field & we saw what happened to him.
Rams can certainly sign a Journeyman soon to be 38 yr old LT Ty Nsekhe for the 2023 season. Rams need a veteran LT due to the UNcertain future playing status of both prospective starting Ram LT's (Noteboom/Jackson). Ty played much better than Noteboom this season, Noteboom will earn $15,500,000 in 2023 if he plays or not. I do not see Jackson being a factor @ OG due to issues @ LT.

If Alaric Jackson is lucky enough to be cleared to play next season he will start @ LT not @ OG. Jackson is the best all-around starting LT!

I do not hold Bruss/Anchrum skill level as high as you. Both are very green & inexperienced. Anchrum will be entering his 4th & final season under contract. He has spent most of the 2021/2022 seasons on the IR. In 3 seasons Anchrum has only 30 snaps with the offense. When this 2022 preseason began the Rams 5 OG's were Shelton/ Edwards/ Bruss/ Evans & Anchrum. Obviously, OL coach Carberry was not impressed with Anchrum. I have no idea about the rookie Bruss who could not make it through one preseason game without injury.

I would expect Snead to sign economy-priced 32 yr old RG Oday Aboushi & 30 yr old LG/OC Matt Skura as versatile reserve veteran OL'ers.

Last edited:

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, like @Loyal I can watch tv at work (company pc with 21 inch monitor). I'm part time now, 3 days a week, at a job site I've worked since 1988, so I'm left alone in my room to do my job with little interference.
I've got a Raider fan and a 'Niner fan on the evening shift with me and the Raider fan told me we're enemies this week. I laughed and told him Mayfield said if he can't beat the Raiders the Rams don't have to pay him. We both laughed.
The 'Niner fan stuck his head in the door last night a few minutes before game time and said "You don't have the game on?" I said it was on, I didn't want to hear the pregame bs. Then I told him what I'd said about Baker saying he didn't want to be paid if he couldn't beat the Raiders. He was like wait-whut and I had to explain it was a joke.
After the game the Raider fan made himself scarce but the 'Niner fan stuck his head in the door and I started cracking up laughing and said Baker gets paid. Then I told him I have to post in the Celebration thread, please excuse me. (he was laughing too).

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Richard Sherman hates the Rams so that made it even worse for him.
Yeah - but Sherman is cool.

Robinson & Smith are just pure Haters. Sherman says it like it is,or how he feels. He was one of the smarter CB’s to EVER play.Much respect cause he still could do it when he didn’t have it.

He was more of a zone CB,then again one of the best press guys as well. Used his long arms & strength off the ball. Great hands & technique

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Thats what happens when you mix it up. Playing jalen where he belongs. Jalen shut down the "best " receiver in the game. After that 1st catch we barely noticed him.
Lol.

"Morris got a heck of a game out of a bunch of backups" is what you meant to say, I think.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
So Liam Cohen is going back to Kentucky? Interesting

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams can certainly sign a Journeyman soon to be 38 yr old LT Ty Nsekhe for the 2023 season. Rams need a veteran LT due to the UNcertain future playing status of both prospective starting Ram LT's (Noteboom/Jackson). Ty played much better than Noteboom this season, Noteboom will earn $15,500,000 in 2023 if he plays or not. I do not see Jackson being a factor @ OG due to issues @ LT.

If Alaric Jackson is lucky enough to be cleared to play next season he will start @ LT not @ OG. Jackson is the best all-around starting LT!

I do not hold Bruss/Anchrum skill level as high as you. Both are very green & inexperienced. Anchrum will be entering his 4th & final season under contract. He has spent most of the 2021/2022 seasons on the IR. In 3 seasons Anchrum has only 30 snaps with the offense. When this 2022 preseason began the Rams 5 OG's were Shelton/ Edwards/ Bruss/ Evans & Anchrum. Obviously, OL coach Carberry was not impressed with Anchrum. Bruss was not much better. I would expect Snead to sign economy-priced 32 yr old RG Oday Aboushi & 30 yr old LG/OC Matt Skura as versatile reserve veteran OL'ers.

Bonifay’d you & I have been back & forth for years.

I will always use Roger Saffold as an example.I think A’ Jackson played The Best RG than any Ram in 2022.

There goes the question about Ty then if you so call are asking The Rams to sign him ?

If so I will rest my point on A’ Jackson as at least a swing OT/OG lineman.He would be the perfect fit there then.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
That guys been a tool since hes been at NC State!!!
Respectfully disagree. He played at Carolina, not N.C. State, and was productive there without ever really causing any drama/trouble.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
Watched the game again and I have to say Baker has a good zip on his throws. I feel like he throws a really good ball. His passes seem to have more velocity than any recent Rams qbs. It’s a long shot but I think he still does have the potential to be something more than just a backup.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Respectfully disagree. He played at Carolina, not N.C. State, and was productive there without ever really causing any drama/trouble.
We may be talking about 2 different people.

The Raiders Punter went to NC STATE.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Watched the game again and I have to say Baker has a good zip on his throws. I feel like he throws a really good ball. His passes seem to have more velocity than any recent Rams qbs. It’s a long shot but I think he still does have the potential to be something more than just a backup.

It’s not really a long shot. Dude has had more coaching changes than we’ve had offensive line combinations. He was brought to Carolina with the thought to start, yet Carolinas dumpster fire did not pan out. It’s not like he’s been a career back up and this is his first time on prime time. He’s been a starter. He’s been a player. He needs a good offensive minded coach and consistency…much like Stafford needed

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
yep..... press is okay..... but with no safety help?

i think that was a mistake by the safety on van's side.

This is going to be the response of all the people who have been arguing Morris is bad at his job.

Huge... HUGE problem with that is that the "no deep help" comment is about only the last play. They were in press coverage the entire possession and Mayfield said he couldn't believe that they would come out with that coverage.

nighttrain

Legend
Stafford should call it quits, his wife wants him to hang em up, happy wife, happy life.

It's Mayfield time.
train

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Bonifay’d you & I have been back & forth for years.

I will always use Roger Saffold as an example.I think A’ Jackson played The Best RG than any Ram in 2022.

There goes the question about Ty then if you so call are asking The Rams to sign him ?

If so I will rest my point on A’ Jackson as at least a swing OT/OG lineman.He would be the perfect fit there then.
Yes, it's good stuff!:thumbsup1:

I agree with you on your Alaric Jackson thoughts about his OG play. However, AJ is far more valuable to this offense when AJ is the starting @ LT.

It does seem you are not seeing the issues the Rams have with the future health of Noteboom & Jackson in your posts.:wow2:

Ty Nsekhe career as a starting OL'er in the NFL began around 2016 when he was just reaching 30 yrs old, thus he does not have a lot of mileage on his body. TN has started @ four OL posts for 4 teams, indicating he can be a versatile good quality veteran reserve game day OL'er.

Last edited:

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
@Tano refs were atrocious to the very end. some of the calls against the raiduhs were pretty petty too. It was a poorly reffed game
Amateurs... that practrice thier craft one day a week, during live games.
Then it is back to driving truck, practicing law, doing consulting... whatever.
Bad model, IMO.