Rams vs Raiders Celebration Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I stopped watching when it was 4th and 3 and saw them punting. Oops.
I never gave up, but a couple of belts during a weeknight might have helped.
drunk ron burgundy GIF

Tano

Legend
I wouldn't say we had no pass rush, we pushed the pocket quite a bit, just no sacks. And I saw DBs playing closer to the LOS on a number of plays tonight. This was Morris calling a better game than he has for most of the season.
This was the best Morris called game all season. I don't know why he wouldn't play Ramsey consistently in man press coverage during the season. If Ramsey was covering the best receiver during an earlier game he would be 7 to 10 yards off and backing up at the snap.

Not this game. He play man press frequently this game.

Tano

Legend
Morris had his best game of the year. Used Ramsey correctly, made adjustments when needed (taking Hoecht out when needed) and stacked the line to stop the run at the right times. Props to Morris.

Props to Mayfeild. Dude is super accurate and talented and it showed. I can see him being excellent in Mcvays system if Stafford calls it quits , which he should.
This

Tano

Legend
I'm not saying he is better than Stafford but Baker played better tonight than Stafford did all year. Really curious to see if this continues
Baker had 3 starting OL this game - and even bigger - No Evans or Kolone

When did Stafford have that after the Arizona game?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Baker had 3 starting OL this game - and even bigger - No Evans or Kolone

When did Stafford have that after the Arizona game?
Yeah, and the secondary had no Kendrick. Love it, the OL still had their hiccups, but obviously the Rams are better with the likes of Evans, Kolone & Kendrick on the pine.

Tano

Legend
Just so the Morris folks know, I woke up this morning ready to post in the vent thread that although the Rams lost, Morris had his best defensive scheme all year. I told my wife last night that I had no real issues with Morris D for the majority of the game.

Tano

Legend
Yeah, and the secondary had no Kendrick. Love it, the OL still had their hiccups, but obviously the Rams are better with the likes of Evans, Kolone & Kendrick on the pine.
Finally Morris realized that Kendrick is at best a back up slot CB

Tano

Legend
Oh one thing to vent last night

The Refs in the first 3 quarters were absolutely atrocious

They were calling some ticky tack penalties on the Rams and were completely missing Raider penalties

Shelton barely pushed the raider away.

Then when they did call one - I could swear the head ref came over and said pick that flag up - we have been told to let the Raiders win.

Absolute horrible reffing in the first 3 quarters. I have no clue what came over the refs in the fourth quarter.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
@Tano refs were atrocious to the very end. some of the calls against the raiduhs were pretty petty too. It was a poorly reffed game

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I will say I was rather impressed by Tutu tonight. After being one of the hardest ones here in regards to the Tutu pick it was nice to actually see him out there with some production and being successful.

I’m sure after tonight that gave him a load of confidence! I hope to continue to watch him prove me wrong.
Yes. It has not been his fault he hasnt been used.

Tano

Legend
Yes. It has not been his fault he hasnt been used.
I was never negative on Tutu's ability, I was just scared to death that Tutu would get squashed like one of Gallagher's watermelons

And we really needed a really good OL for that pick

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
One thing you have to wonder about as I watched Stafford interacting with Mayfield. Does Mayfield make it easier for Matt to retire after the season, knowing he wouldn't be leaving his team in a bad situation?

Is that the real reason Snead and McVay grabbed Mayfield? Perhaps they know something that isn't public? This seems too much like the "accidental meeting in Cabo".
The claimed baker cause he was available and our qb room sucked. Anything after that is gravy.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
The plus of it being on Amazon is you can go re-watch it right now if you have Prime!! The wife went to bed in the 2nd qt (east coast time). She just watched the rest of it!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This was the first game where I saw Ramsey one on one in man press coverage the majority of the game.

This was not a soft coverage game.

First time Morris implemented a defense I actually agreed with.
As with every game Ramsey played both from what I saw and had good and bad snaps in each type.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Every single current and former player and current and former defensive or head coach I've seen comment on that final drive has said exactly that. Yet we have a 116 page thread of bitching about him and his coverage. We get a half dozen weekly threads bitching about him and his soft coverage. And here we have everybody who actually played and coached the NFL disagreeing with all the venting on Morris.

Tano

Legend
Every single current and former player and current and former defensive or head coach I've seen comment on that final drive has said exactly that. Yet we have a 116 page thread of bitching about him and his coverage. We get a half dozen weekly threads bitching about him and his soft coverage. And here we have everybody who actually played and coached the NFL disagreeing with all the venting on Morris.
Should stress Deep Help in that statement