Rams vs. Bucs, Rams' Defense Have Shown Few Weaknesses

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams open as road underdogs vs. Buccaneers in Week 11
Cameron DaSilva
Mon, November 16, 2020, 1:40 PM EST·1 min read

c71b7c386091e9ff4c0e4a9a26ff4777

After beating the Seattle Seahawks at home on Sunday, the Los Angeles Rams are turning their attention to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. At 7-3, the Bucs are firmly entrenched as one of the better teams in the conference, boasting a star-studded cast of players on offense.

The Rams defense will once again be tested by an outstanding receiving corps, but after locking down DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett, the secondary showed it can cover anyone in this league. That’s not enough to make the Rams the favorites over Tampa Bay, though.

According to BetMGM, the Buccaneers are favored by 3.5-point favorites against L.A. The game is in Tampa Bay, which gives the Bucs an edge, especially with fans being allowed to attend. The over/under is set at 48.5 points, with money lines of +155 and -182 for the Rams and Bucs, respectively.

This is the first time the Rams are underdogs since Week 3 against the Bills. They had been the favorites in six consecutive games, covering just three times in that span.

Tampa Bay has been an underdog just twice this season, against the Saints and Packers. The Bucs are 5-5 against the spread this year, while the Rams are 5-4 ATS.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
3 1/2 spread and the home team generally gets 3 points. I’ll take it.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Reasonable. How good is the Buc o line? Guessing they were not very challenged with Carolina. I know they have a great run D and are average-ish against the pass.

Psycho_X

Legend
Eh, I think that's fair that both teams are basically even odds with home team getting the nod for bets at this stage of the season. After we shit the bed in Miami I'm sure another road trip to Florida influenced it a bit.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm gonna be very interested to see Ali Marpet versus Donald. Marpet's one of the better interior linemen in the game, but AD has a habit of making even elite linemen look like fools at times.

We absolutely must get pressure on Brady if we're going to win this game. We cannot afford to let him sit back and choose a receiver to throw to; he has four legit wideouts in Evans, Godwin, Antonio Brown, and Tyler Johnson, along with three solid tight ends (Brate, Howard, and Gronk) and a stable of running backs, including Fournette.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'm gonna be very interested to see Ali Marpet versus Donald. Marpet's one of the better interior linemen in the game, but AD has a habit of making even elite linemen look like fools at times.

We absolutely must get pressure on Brady if we're going to win this game. We cannot afford to let him sit back and choose a receiver to throw to; he has four legit wideouts in Evans, Godwin, Antonio Brown, and Tyler Johnson, along with three solid tight ends (Brate, Howard, and Gronk) and a stable of running backs, including Fournette.

Marpet is out injured I thought. AQ Shipley is the guy now.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Last game of the year played outside of West coast time zone for the Rams, except for @ AZ which is a blip. That ridiculous East coast back n forth travel pays off going forward.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a fair line maybe even better than it should be given Whit's status. Tampa's DC is aggressive man, so Boom and Edwards need to make sure they're on the same page they're gonna see stunts and extra rushers all day long.

This will definitely be another max protect type approach game when we do pass. And that run game will be crucial just keep it balanced to slow that shit.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rams Injury News In Bucs’ Favor
November 16th, 2020
JasonPierrePaulJPP-1.png

Beasting and feasting JPP

A key injury has arisen that favors our beloved Buccaneers, and it has nothing to do with the Saints’ third-string quarterback possibly replacing legendary Drew Brees for the rest of the season.

Rams veteran Pro Bowl left tackle Andrew Whitworth has blown out his knee. He won’t play against the Bucs next Monday, though he may return later this season. The 38-year-old leader of the Rams’ offensive line hasn’t missed a game in three years.

Joe feels bad for any guy getting injured, but Joe also will take any good fortune the football gods want to throw in the Bucs direction. This is a real loss for the Rams. Los Angeles might turn to 2018 third-round pick Joe Noteboom, but that is unclear.

The Bucs, of course, are rich in edge rushing talent and do a great job (most of the time) confusing offenses with various looks. The Bucs are a tough matchup for any O-lineman coming off the bench.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Rams Injury News In Bucs’ Favor
November 16th, 2020
JasonPierrePaulJPP-1.png

Beasting and feasting JPP

A key injury has arisen that favors our beloved Buccaneers, and it has nothing to do with the Saints’ third-string quarterback possibly replacing legendary Drew Brees for the rest of the season.

Rams veteran Pro Bowl left tackle Andrew Whitworth has blown out his knee. He won’t play against the Bucs next Monday, though he may return later this season. The 38-year-old leader of the Rams’ offensive line hasn’t missed a game in three years.

Joe feels bad for any guy getting injured, but Joe also will take any good fortune the football gods want to throw in the Bucs direction. This is a real loss for the Rams. Los Angeles might turn to 2018 third-round pick Joe Noteboom, but that is unclear.

The Bucs, of course, are rich in edge rushing talent and do a great job (most of the time) confusing offenses with various looks. The Bucs are a tough matchup for any O-lineman coming off the bench.

Ah, but does this guy realize that his best interior lineman is currently out with a concussion? I thought not. Donald and co. will feast on Brady so much he'll retire mid-game.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
So we can look forward to tons of holding not being called. It is time to break out the old Marty Shotteheimer talking to Derrick Thomas on the side lines saying. " Is that guy holding you? Is that guy holding you? Well don't let him do that." No excuses, just get to Brady and we got a great chance to win.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
What is better about this game is the extra day off for the Rams and the late start time so no 10 am est start time.

We just shut down the highest scoring team in the NFL who says we can't do it to the Bucs.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I don’t think we match up well with the Bucs at all. Ronald Jones is legit and that WR core is nearly unstoppable. I know the Saints shut them down but that was a division game. And it’s in Tampa. I had this game marked as an L so I’m already prepared. Just don’t have a good feeling about it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This is going to be the first Ram game in Tampon that I won't be attending in person since 1979. It kinda bums me out that I won't be there supporting our team. It's not worth it though... the nosebleed seats are priced more than what I normally pay for Primo seats behind the Ram bench.

The last MNF game we played there was during the GSOT days... and at the time... it was considered to be one of the best MNF games ever.

Fuck Tampon.