Rams trade for Austin Corbett

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

VfFt4kh.gif

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Why would the browns give up so quickly on a high pick when their OL really isn't all that?
Other than 2018, I can't remember the last time I wasn't extremely ticked at our Center situation.
I have mocked a Center to the Rams every year it seems. One of them is starting for the 9ers now.

As for the peters trade, he was gone after this year and his value was dropping week to week. His weak coverages were one thing, but his "tackling" made me wanna puke--not that anybody else on the Rams has looked all that good this season.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The Browns didn’t even want him so can’t say I’ll get too hyped over this until I see results.
The browns surprisingly have a decent o line.

Hopefully he is an improvement over Demby.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Why would the browns give up so quickly on a high pick when their OL really isn't all that?
Other than 2018, I can't remember the last time I wasn't extremely ticked at our Center situation.
I have mocked a Center to the Rams every year it seems. One of them is starting for the 9ers now.

As for the peters trade, he was gone after this year and his value was dropping week to week. His weak coverages were one thing, but his "tackling" made me wanna puke--not that anybody else on the Rams has looked all that good this season.
I can only assume that they were giving up on him because he might be talented. That kind of thing isn't their style and they won't stand for it.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m happy Snead is earning his paycheck. When I said we needed a change on our OL pronto yesterday, I didn’t think it would mean changes coming today. I guess Snead and I are on the same page of music. Lol. I am available for hire Mr. Snead. Ha ha

oldnotdead

Legend
Demby hasn't played as badly as you guys are saying. Most of the pressure coming inside was on Allen. He has repeatedly failed to maintain gap integrity. As I've said on multiple occasions that mistakes by the center are many times blamed on the OGs. This has been the case all too often this year. The real problem this year is pressure coming off the edges through both Havenstein and Whit. Whitworth's play has suffered this year and it's clear he's gone next year. His age is showing. Havenstein needs to move inside or he will continue to be abused. They need to play Edwards at RT.

Corbett was highly regarded pre-draft last year. But his failure to crack the starting lineup with a suspect o-line is either a failure with coaching or an issue with the player. IMO it could very well be a matter of poor coaching.

Corbett was practicing at RG with the Browns. Why not move Rob to LG, Corbett to RG and Edwards to RT. Blythe like Peters and Talib isn't likely to be extended next year. Why not simply remake the o-line right now.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Given the history of that franchise, your question might have answered itself. I really hope Kromer can get something out of this kid pronto, because damn, we need it.

fearsomefour

Legend
Demby hasn't played as badly as you guys are saying. Most of the pressure coming inside was on Allen. He has repeatedly failed to maintain gap integrity. As I've said on multiple occasions that mistakes by the center are many times blamed on the OGs. This has been the case all too often this year. The real problem this year is pressure coming off the edges through both Havenstein and Whit. Whitworth's play has suffered this year and it's clear he's gone next year. His age is showing. Havenstein needs to move inside or he will continue to be abused. They need to play Edwards at RT.

Corbett was highly regarded pre-draft last year. But his failure to crack the starting lineup with a suspect o-line is either a failure with coaching or an issue with the player. IMO it could very well be a matter of poor coaching.

Corbett was practicing at RG with the Browns. Why not move Rob to LG, Corbett to RG and Edwards to RT. Blythe like Peters and Talib isn't likely to be extended next year. Why not simply remake the o-line right now.
The weakness Rob has at T would get him totally destroyed at G.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

We can't reaaaaaaaaaaally say that. We have no idea what the protection calls are. Maybe Allen is calling the right protections and other guys are missing them. Who knows. it's really hard to say. Lets just agree that our Interior Oline has been really bad and we'll find out who's fault it is soon enough with whomever they replace with Corbett

fearsomefour

Legend
Even if this doesn’t pay big dividends now I like the deal. Low round pick to start a rebuild on the line now.
In FA target Spain the LG from Buffalo and I’d be happy.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
This is one deal today that I like. Supposedly he has position versatility. Perhaps he can put Demby on the bench. A 5th rounder is worth the attempt.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Remember Blythe was a 7th round reject from the Colts. The rams don't need a superstar, just someone who can hold a block longer than 0.25 seconds.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Love this trade. Corbett is the type of guy that Kromer is great at developing (intelligent college OT with good feet and great hand strength). I liked him a lot as a prospect, and I'm surprised he hasn't become a better player to this point.

Totally agree. We have better sports science, better training and solid coaching.

I dunno what anyone does with Demby. That's like dinging someone for not being able to coach up GRob...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
The real question is if Corbett will at least dress up for the Falcons game. He's gonna have to get acclimated to the playbook before we place him in the trenches
Probably not. The last thing you want to do with a young guy is have him be in an unwinnable position.

I could see him in Cincy, although if y'all remember, during the last Fisher year, iirc, we signed guys off the street to play on only a few days and there are few guys who can coach a guy up faster than McVay and crew...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
The weakness Rob has at T would get him totally destroyed at G.

I dunno. Rob is strong and was one of the best run blocking ROTs in the NFL. He always had trouble with speed and I also think that the way defenses are scheming our OL has our entire OL kinda lost and they'll recover once they are given some schematic answers. Same with Allen. There are times he's got to pick up a guy who's swimming from the B gap and with the LG pulling, he's in a no win situation.

Again, that's scheme. Not saying guys are playing well, but it's a witches brew of issues, not just the guys playing badly.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler

This.