Rams Top Free Agent Targets?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You continue to be very sharp on what you see going on behind the scene in Sneadville jrry32.....you must be following closely on what Snead has been doing the last few seasons on this.

Snead works very hard to find latent young talent to back fill his roster without having to be forced into overpaying & costly loss of possible compensatory awarded draft picks. Below are a few examples of his work.

Examples:
Starter OG/ Austin Corbett- traded for from the Browns after being drafted high @ #33 selection.

Starter OC/OG- Austin Blythe-cut by the Colts after being drafted.

Starter @ Safety- Marqui Christian-cut by the Cards.

Starter CB/ Darious Williams-cut by the Ravens.

Starting PR/WR- JoJo Natson cut but the Jets.

Back-up CB/Nickel- Donte Deayon cut by the Giants.

Back-up OC/OG- Coleman Shelton-cut by the Cards.

Back-up OG/ Jamil Demby -cut by the Lions.

Reserve OC/OG/ Nate Trewyn-cut by the Bucs.

Back-up ILB/ Kenny Young-traded for from Ravens.

Current Back up to Goff-QB/ John Wolford -cut by the Jets.

Others:
ER/OLB/ Jachai Polite- cut by the Jets after being drafted & selected in the 3rd round.
ER/OLB/ Jeff Holland -cut by the Chargers & Cards.
FS/CB/ Adonis Alexander-cut by Skins after being drafted.
TE/ Ethan Wolf -cut by the Packers.

None of the above signed Ram players had any impact or encumbrances in the future awarded comp picks for the Rams.

Upcoming in about 2 months the Free Agency opens & Snead will have some big time former Rams with the chance to sign several very elated $$$ contracts as their market value remains entering the process:

ER-Dante Fowler Jr-Edge Rushers are close to QB's in price tags.

LT- Andrew Whitworth- has expressed the desire to continue to play would certainly get a very big one year contract, he may be the best LT on the market if the Colts injured LT AC retires as reported.

LB-Cory Littleton- Is by far the best ILB'er in FA'cy this year.

DT-Micheal Brockers- The 29 yr old & 8 yr starter will also find many admirers with truckload of cash offers from 43 defensive teams.

QB-Blake Bortles- I would not be surprised if he gets a high $$$ contract once again based on his mobility & breaks from the curse'd Jags.

Kicker-Greg Zuerlein- Fromer all pro kicker are always in demand!

What will The Rams get in comp picks ??
If all these players walk The Rams will get good comp picks.

Greg the Leg was a FA & not signed by another team I believe 2 years ago? So
there is not much there. Dallas already has a solid kicker right now,but not sure Bones
wanted him much anyway.

Brockers & Littlton can walk, just time to get rid of the Snisher guys. Hekker as well.Last game 37 yard punt was weak.Cap
Relieve.
Franchise Fowler at the least, with a Whitworth for another season. Just time to clean house & build depth. Keep comp picks coming in.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hekker as well.Last game 37 yard punt was weak.Cap
Relieve.

Hekker was 3rd in the league in punting average last season. EVERY punter has an occasional mediocre punt. And 37 yards is not exactly horrible anyway. He also is a good holder for field goals, can kick field goals himself in an emergency, and is also good at fake field goals and passing in those situations. He's not cheap for a punter, but hurting special teams significantly for a tiny amount of cap space doesn't make too much sense.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hekker was 3rd in the league in punting average last season. EVERY punter has an occasional mediocre punt. And 37 yards is not exactly horrible anyway. He also is a good holder for field goals, can kick field goals himself in an emergency, and is also good at fake field goals and passing in those situations. He's not cheap for a punter, but hurting special teams significantly for a tiny amount of cap space doesn't make too much sense.

Well I guess Punters really do matter, we’re stuck with him for another 4 seasons. Oh well, he did help restructure his contract.
Just need a Red headed Kicker, to become team Ginger.
Will see what happens with the new special teams coach, along with a kicker

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly, if we could get a stud Center, so much of our OL would be better. I don't care if it's a rookie (Travis Frederick solidified that OL in Dallas when it was very hit or miss as an example of how a rookie C can change things).

On an unrelated note the Fredrick pick shows just how little the media draftniks know about anything. They lampooned the pick saying it was the worst pick in the draft, value wise.

So the next time you hear them praise or scorn a pick just know that they don't know their heads from their arseholes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hekker as well.Last game 37 yard punt was weak.Cap
Relieve.

Hahahaha. Stop it. Hekker had a year that was less consistent than others. But that's because he was the NFL's best Punter by a long shot from 2013 through 2018. Hekker going from #1 to top 5 is not a reason to even entertain cutting him. He's a weapon and an asset.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
" A Chandler Brewer Story"

Chandler Brewer's
rise from an unknown UDFA RG that many NFL draft sites had no information or rating on to being a Ram OL'er began on April 29, 2019 when Brewer signed his first Ram contract. Brewer started & played in all four preseason games. Most Brewers snaps with the #1 team offense were @ LT & LG with some RT snaps. Brewer was one of the top Ram OL'ers playing in 2019 preseason.

By the end of preseason. Chandler Brewer signed his second Ram contract to be a member on the Rams P.S. on Sept 1st 2019. Before the Rams TC got underway the Rams interior OL began to take some hits. Rams lost top reserve center Aaron Neary who was suspended 4 games for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Then late preseason Allen's main back up Neary Hit #1 injured his knee & never returned to the Rams to play. Center Vitas Hrynkiewicz & Jeremiah Kolone took over back up duties for Brian Allen even Jamil Demby try his hand as a OC in late preseason. Rams cut Vitas H. & then signed Jeremiah Kolone to the PS for OC insurance & signed Coleman Shelton directly to the active roster to replace back up OC Aaron Neary.

The next OL Hit #2 occurred wk#2 in the Saints game when starting RG Austin Blythe injured his ankle & was replaced by Jamil Demby which I would call the beginning of Hit #3 in a sense. Wk#3 Demby started his first gm against the Browns turning in a very poor effort enough scare the Rams to cause Blythe to come back way too early from injury. As of that event Blythe played through that nagging ankle injury throughout season. In addition, after the season concluded Blythe had surgery on both of his shoulders.

The next big OL Hit #4 occurred on Oct 13, 2019. Starting LG Noteboom suffered a severe knee injury & was lost for the season. Swing OG Jamil Demby replaced him @ LG. Demby then completed Hit #3 with dismal performance that resulted in Demby NEVER playing in another Ram game. 5th rd Rookie David Edwards who by now was the #6 OL'er with Demby starting started in place of Demby @ LG. After the Noteboom injury wk#7 OT rookie Bobby Evans was activated for the first time for a gm as the reserve LT position.

On October 14, 2019 Snead/ McVay/Kromer knew they were in serious trouble with the OL. At this point in time Kromer had already lost his back up center Neary & starting LG Noteboom who was also his main back up @ LT. Kromer was playing a badly injured RG Blythe due to Demby's inability to perform @ NFL & could no longer be counted on to be a decent back up. Kromer had a 5th rd rookie starting now @ LG in David Edwards. The main interior reserve was newly acquired ex Cards rookie Coleman Shelton who was cut by the Cards. On October 15th,2019 Snead traded with Browns for former very high 2nd rd. 2018 draft selection LT Austin Corbett for a 5th rd 2020 pick.

The Ol settled down for a while after Corbett's arrival but two main wheels flew off wk#10 on November 11th, 2019 against Pittsburgh. Hit# 5 Rams lost starting center Allen for the rest of the season. Rookie Shelton was forced into starting action @ OC for Allen. In addition, starting RT Havenstein suffered a severe knee injury too, Havenstein was forced to continue play through a right meniscus injury because Kromer went into the Steelers game without making reserve OT Bobby Evans active. Later Corbett relieved;) Edwards @ LG who then relieved Havenstein @ RT. Hit #6 RT Rob Havenstein injured knee was never healthy again & he did not start another gm in 2019.

By Wk#11 the Rams OL underwent a paradigm shift should I call it Big Hit #7 ?. Kromer had a new starting LG Corbett, new starting RG rookie Edwards, new starting RT rookie Evans & a new starting center Blythe. FOUR starters in new positions. It was during this event that Chandler Brewer signed a new Ram contract for active roster duties on Nov 13, 2019.

Brewer was now Kromers top swing OT & OG reserve #6 OL'er. Brewer now was taking weekly practice snaps for LT Whitworth. From this point on Wk#11 till the end of the season Kromer depended on Chandler Brewer as his main reserve for four OL posts. No other Ol'er saw snaps with the offense. Brewer is signed thru 2021 when he is still attached contract wise with the Rams as a ERFA in 2021.

So @So Ram you still think "Brewer can improve & has a chance to make the squad"?

Man, that was like reading War and Peace.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
“Whitworth and Brockers banned at all you can eat Buffett.”

Tomorrow’s headlines today.

The Forum has all you can eat ??? At what price will Brockers & Whitworth bring in the open market ?? They both have been core leaders & mentors.

I’m curious on which way Mcvay wants to go . My belief is Goff will always do what’s best for the Rams. Knowing his blindside is protected I’m sure means a lot.Whitworth & Goff always have been tight since he got to LA.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Man, that was like reading War and Peace.

What it does show is the youth & depth The Rams already have. Yes Ram Fans are going to complain about How Horrible the O”Line was, but I think the Monday Night QB’s are missing how much recovery will
benefit The Rams in the Future.

I don’t see The Rams making any big move on the Offensive Line. I think Whitworth comes back as I’ve said for months,especially after the Arizona game. There was no way he was done. He was son fired up going after a Ref after a BS holding call when he pancaked a guy.
I look at Whitworth & the shape he is in right now. Has edge rushers changed ?? I think he has lost weight Vs Rob Havenstien who can or was replaced satisfactory. That said it just goes to show Rams Fans the depth.
Just the fact Kolone & Demby are still on the roster & both were practicing at Center.
1.—Whitworth will be back
2 -Noteboom will be back
3–Allen- I know the hate(don’t believe he gets cut) ??
4 - Havenstien was a healthy scratch
5- Demby is on roster still
6- Kolone stuck through PS
7- Coleman Shelton- on roster & be 1st TC
8. Corbett-started mid/season 1st TC
9.Evans - RT ?? Nothing else depth T/G
10.Edwards- G ?? T/G
11.Nate Trewyn- C ??
— Then you have Brewer at 22 & has obvious upside. We can all say how bad this group is, but at the end of the season The Rams were compete well against some tough teams. Yes - Dallas game was disturbing.
My prediction is The Rams Beef up on D” .. Corey Littleton & Fowler will be key to that direction. The Rams players may surprise on there contracts restructuring??
I’m very curious on what Sean Mcvay has built in House!! Who’s House ?? I know Whitworth LOVES RAMS NATION!!

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
The Forum has all you can eat ??? At what price will Brockers & Whitworth bring in the open market ?? They both have been core leaders & mentors.

I’m curious on which way Mcvay wants to go . My belief is Goff will always do what’s best for the Rams. Knowing his blindside is protected I’m sure means a lot.Whitworth & Goff always have been tight since he got to LA.
Depends how much a pay cut he wants to take and what it is worth to him.
Hard to know what kind of shape he’s in physically. Do his joints bother him? Does it take him 20 minutes to get out of bed in the morning? Who knows.
He doesn’t seem like a dumb guy so I’m sure he is financially secure.
If having another shot at a ring with a teammates you enjoy worth, say, “only” $7 M per year. To any average Joe nearly anything would be worth $7 M for a years work. For a guy who has his legacy and made his money?.....who knows.
I think it comes down to whether he thinks they can compete for a title.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hard to know what kind of shape he’s in physically. Do his joints bother him? Does it take him 20 minutes to get out of bed in the morning? Who knows.
If having another shot at a ring with a teammates you enjoy worth, say, “only” $7 M per year. To any average Joe nearly anything would be worth $7 M for a years work. For a guy who has his legacy and made his money?.....who knows.

There is NO FUCKING DOUBT THE RAMS
Compete. Mcvay was sick inside THE RAMS
didn’t make the Playoffs!!
Brockers is another story.He has been a CORE Ram his whole career. I think Ram Fans think these guys are all about The Money ???? Yes- you need to get paid !!
The Rams will take care of there own !!
DuCK — THE RAMS are going into a New Stadium. I just look at Suh,Weedle,Clay,Talib
being nice veterans of late. This guys want to win & play for a quality franchise.

I think Littleton is gone. Snead made him less than & Corey carried a grudge. Fowler on the other hand still has a passion for The Rams getting him out of Jacksonville & being reunited has something to prove with Jalen RAMsey .Even if he is franchised he will be content. Will give The Rams to focus on depth & maybe get stronger up front.
I can’t say what FA The Rams will bring in ?? Could it be a veteran from the past, or just find a stud ascending D-front 7 type.
Interesting about this Jachai Polite from Florida a 3rd rd pick from Florida.
Is there a Bobby Wagner type in the draft ?? I like a playmaker types early if not.Will know once FA settles, but I don’t see huge movement.
That is Gurley, Cooks, & Havenstien could all be on the block ?? I think The Rams might move one of them. That will open up
a couple slots .

fearsomefour

Legend
Brockers is another story.He has been a CORE Ram his whole career. I think Ram Fans think these guys are all about The Money ???? Yes- you need to get paid !!
DuCK — THE RAMS are going into a New Stadium. I just look at Suh,Weedle,Clay,Talib
being nice veterans of late. This guys want to win & play for a quality franchise.

I think Littleton is gone. Snead made him less than & Corey carried a grudge. Fowler on the other hand still has a passion for The Rams getting him out of Jacksonville & being reunited has something to prove with Jalen RAMsey .Even if he is franchised he will be content. Will give The Rams to focus on depth & maybe get stronger up front.
I can’t say what FA The Rams will bring in ?? Could it be a veteran from the past, or just find a stud ascending D-front 7 type.
Is there a Bobby Wagner type in the draft ?? I like a playmaker types early if not.Will know once FA settles, but I don’t see huge movement.
That is Gurley, Cooks, & Havenstien could all be on the block ?? I think The Rams might move one of them. That will open up
a couple slots .
Hard to know what any player thinks or what they value.
Loving your teammates then coaches then living situation (esp for players with wives or kids) only goes so far.
Fowler could love being apart of the more than anything he’s ever done but if the Rams offer 4 years and $36 M and the Cardinals offer 4 years $52M.....well, that’s probably an easy choice.
We shall see....

Ram65

Legend

Here are some interesting articles on Whitworth's training that are worth the click. I didn't know he has a place in Colorado that is their offseason home. They still have ties to Louisiana too. I was thinking the family has settled in SoCal. It could be they have which I thought would help him want to stay more with the Rams. He is very intense in his work out routines. Trying to take limit the stress on his knees etc., but still, get the benefits. He does mention some physical ailments that he deals with but, does sound too bad.

I think he can play above average for one more year. I might be putting too much into the wanting to experience the new stadium but, I think it matters. Sharing the experience with his children and staying in SoCal could ease the money demands. I imagine he has faith in the Rams to be in contention next year. Whitworth's future is a very intriguing part of this offseason.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

a couple slots .
Pretty hard to read this. Not even sure what some of it says or means.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Littleton is gone. Snead made him less than & Corey carried a grudge.
I think he's gone too, but for a different reason: the Rams need to improve in their play vs the run at the ILB position. Gonna put up some stills here to show what I mean. Corey is very good at chasing, covering, and open field tackling. But he is marginal at best in his run fills...

Situation is the 9ers are down big to a Rams team that used bootlegs and run action on their OL in the first half to great effect, not to mention great play by Jared Goff. They need a score here to get back in this thing before halftime, whereas the Rams need to force a FG.
1580066018273.png

Pre-snap nice look for the 9ers on the right side of the alignment for their play call:
1580066164073.png

At the snap Donald crashes the A gap, effectively removing himself from the play. Seems almost like the 9ers anticipate this too btw. Littleton sees it developing and is on the 12 yard line:
1580066264003.png

At the handoff Littleton has drifted about half a yard and has yet to commit:
1580066415768.png

Different angle. Littleton has a very clear diagnosis here in front of him. The hole is gaping and he's in position to do something about it:
1580066491304.png

A good ILB would have crashed the hole or taken the lineman here and stood him up. But Littleton is a coverage/safety/chase type guy and concedes with a big step backward, allowing the lineman to push into him a beat after this:
1580066647002.png

So end result is he's back at the 12 yard line with 300+ lbs in his face and it don't look good:
1580066731074.png

Rams kiss their 21-13 halftime lead possibility goodbye and 9ers roll to a big TD run:
1580066796366.png