Rams Top Free Agent Targets?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I have no idea on what the Rams Salary Cap situation will be when Free Agency begins but are there any thoughts and/or opinions on what Free Agents the Rams might pursue? I am guessing the Rams might be looking to improve their OL (Pretty Obvious!), DL and LB but what other positions (RB, Backup QB, KR, etc) do you think they will be keying on during the off-season? Am I wrong that I would like to see the Rams get a little more NASTINESS (I am probably the ONLY Rams Fan that has missed OG Richie Incognito/I know he definitely had some temper issues and he had more than his share of BAD Penalties but I loved his Passion & Physical Play!) from their players next season?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A good list to sort through here.

You can also use walter football I just won't trust any of their analysis but hey he's good at lists :D

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
1) Our very own LT - Andrew Whitworth
2) Washington RG - Brandon Scherff
3) Baltimore ILB Patrick Onwuasor

CAP ?, ... We don't need no stinkin' CAP !

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also somebody that was talked about a lot around here last year or two as a free agent target is now a free agent again. Todd Davis played ILB for the Bronco's last year and took 85% of defensive snaps. He's not a Pro Bowler but he's a good starter. He's also somebody that our new DC is familiar with.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I don't get the Sherff love.

Yes, he experienced and a very good player. He also seems to get hurt often, will be very expensive, and we already have a ton of young OG prospects.

What we lack is a true C and a quality LT without any question marks.

So why spend $12M or more on an OG?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yes, he experienced and a very good player. He also seems to get hurt often, will be very expensive, and we already have a ton of young OG prospects.

He has the last few years which could be a problem. Or it could be a Redskins thing, it would be interesting to see. There have been many complaints about their training staff especially by Trent Williams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't see Scherff happening. I think we're going to want to gain a comp pick or two this off-season. If we go after an OL, it'll be somebody who is cut or traded imo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Scherff would be the only legitimate rush blocking starter the Rams have on an interior which currently favors pass pro, he might also combine with Havenstein to restore his former glory days as a superior run blocker. If you want a better running game, get a better run blocker.
No doubt it's a long shot, and if Brewer can do those things, then maybe it won't be necessary, but that's also questionable at this time..
jmo.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
I keep telling the Redskins fans at my office that their field is terrible and causes all their injuries.

To be honest, I don't know if that is just complete messing with their minds or some truth to the statement.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I don't see Scherff happening. I think we're going to want to gain a comp pick or two this off-season. If we go after an OL, it'll be somebody who is cut or traded imo.

This is who’s I like

His contract is very cap friendly

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is who’s I like

His contract is very cap friendly

55A16E44-146F-4824-B1C4-80E8BDC45EB7.jpeg

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
My targets would be:

1. Scherff
2. Scherff
3. Scherff
4. - 999. Scherff

Ram65

Legend
Glenn looks like a good option. They might be able to do a longer-term contract and cut his cap hit for 2020. He could be a better longer term solution to resigning Whitworth. Rams need to protect Goff's blindside first and go from there.

It's hard to know what the Rams can afford to do at this time. Rams have bonuses and incentives to pay out this year that players achieved in 2019.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I keep telling the Redskins fans at my office that their field is terrible and causes all their injuries.

To be honest, I don't know if that is just complete messing with their minds or some truth to the statement.
Way to troll the Skins fans.

I would take a grass field all day.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You continue to be very sharp on what you see going on behind the scene in Sneadville jrry32.....you must be following closely on what Snead has been doing the last few seasons on this.

Snead works very hard to find latent young talent to back fill his roster without having to be forced into overpaying & costly loss of possible compensatory awarded draft picks. Below are a few examples of his work.

Examples:
Starter OG/ Austin Corbett- traded for from the Browns after being drafted high @ #33 selection.

Starter OC/OG- Austin Blythe-cut by the Colts after being drafted.

Starter @ Safety- Marqui Christian-cut by the Cards.

Starter CB/ Darious Williams-cut by the Ravens.

Starting PR/WR- JoJo Natson cut but the Jets.

Back-up CB/Nickel- Donte Deayon cut by the Giants.

Back-up OC/OG- Coleman Shelton-cut by the Cards.

Back-up OG/ Jamil Demby -cut by the Lions.

Reserve OC/OG/ Nate Trewyn-cut by the Bucs.

Back-up ILB/ Kenny Young-traded for from Ravens.

Current Back up to Goff-QB/ John Wolford -cut by the Jets.

Others:
ER/OLB/ Jachai Polite- cut by the Jets after being drafted & selected in the 3rd round.
ER/OLB/ Jeff Holland -cut by the Chargers & Cards.
FS/CB/ Adonis Alexander-cut by Skins after being drafted.
TE/ Ethan Wolf -cut by the Packers.

None of the above signed Ram players had any impact or encumbrances in the future awarded comp picks for the Rams.

Upcoming in about 2 months the Free Agency opens & Snead will have some big time former Rams with the chance to sign several very elated $$$ contracts as their market value remains entering the process:

ER-Dante Fowler Jr-Edge Rushers are close to QB's in price tags.

LT- Andrew Whitworth- has expressed the desire to continue to play would certainly get a very big one year contract, he may be the best LT on the market if the Colts injured LT AC retires as reported.

LB-Cory Littleton- Is by far the best ILB'er in FA'cy this year.

DT-Micheal Brockers- The 29 yr old & 8 yr starter will also find many admirers with truckload of cash offers from 43 defensive teams.

QB-Blake Bortles- I would not be surprised if he gets a high $$$ contract once again based on his mobility & breaks from the curse'd Jags.

Kicker-Greg Zuerlein- Fromer all pro kicker are always in demand!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Rams are going to be strongly focused on fixing this OL. I don't see them taking a lukewarm approach with castoffs and making assumptions that some of the low talent options on the depth chart can be counted on.

What that's going to look like we'll see as at this point I doubt a guy like Rivera lets Scherff roll out of town in FA. Rivera will value him.

If they don't like the FA options on the OL then I expect they'll add FA to other holes in the roster and the OL will be priority #1 in the draft. Different ways it can be addressed but it's definitely going to be a high priority McVay is not going to leave Goff behind a bad OL for a second straight season.

fearsomefour

Legend
I Harris the DL from Denver....but he will cost $12M or so.
Shelton the DL from NE.
A couple middling OL for $2M each is about the best to hope for I think.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
I feel with our new D-Coordinator using a 3-4 hybrid, we'll try and keep both Fowler (tag) and Littleton. As much as I like him, Brockers will be let go. O-Line and D-Line draft priorities unless someone they really like drops to them unexpectedly