CELEBRATE !! RAMS SLAY VIKINGS VICTORY CELEBRATION!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Exactly right on why he went to Albany
An amazing story as Albany (Great Danes) Head Coach Greg Gattuso was the defensive line coach at Pittsburgh and coached Aaron Donald. Donald actually spoke to the group several times. I know Coach Gattuso personally and he is an outstanding coach as the campus is 15 minutes from my home.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Limmer really settled down and had a good game. There was one stretch I think he had 3 penalties in 2 drives and the chat room was commenting on it
I actually thought that was Limmer's worse game although he was still good, but he has been outstanding in the other games. Game ball to Justin Dedich as I thought he played outstanding and I was upset Noteboom could not play, but Dedich stepped up and now offers the Rams another viable option at LG.

Also Hunter Long had some great blocks and caught the ball too, overall just a great team effort and win as I do not see or here anyone asking for McVay to give up the play calling after last nights game. Funny how much better you are when you get your players back and Demarcus Robinson showcases how happy he is to have Nacua & Kupp back too.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Speights had a 67.7 PFF grade. Not a ton of snaps - but that certainly is higher than what we have seen from our usual.

Hummell had a 37.5 pff grade.... which is of course dog shit territory.
I think they graded Hummel bad on the coverage as he was trailing on the one of the plays to their TE's. Initially I thought Hummel looked good in run support, but he only had 10 snaps and the blown coverage on the TE Oliver is the reason for the low grade.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Baldy is dead on. That offense looked dangerous last night. And Puka had 1 day in pads? Unbelievable. And the D looked really good too. Get Avila and JJ back, keep that up and a nice run is definitely possible.
I also hope Higbee can return to form. I used to think he was a bit jaggy, but this year has made me appreciate what he's been doing for us, especially blocking.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
GavleC5akAAhA_x~2.jpeg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
An amazing story as Albany (Great Danes) Head Coach Greg Gattuso was the defensive line coach at Pittsburgh and coached Aaron Donald. Donald actually spoke to the group several times. I know Coach Gattuso personally and he is an outstanding coach as the campus is 15 minutes from my home.
I remember that being a discussion in one of the predraft videos I watched of him.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
No, hes not! Hes from PA, and one of UAlbany line coaches scouted him in high school and recruited him to UAlbany. Nate Byham was the offensive coach/ Lead scout back then if I remember correctly. The Great Danes help mold him into the beast he is now. He was an undersized TE, and they told him to bulk up and he could be a force on defense.
Thanks for the heads up! Btw I gotta ask, is the name 'Great Danes' alluding to the dog breed or those people from Denmark?

~ArkyRamsFan~

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
He’s from right up the road from me in NE Pennsylvania. Verse played at Central Columbia high school, not to be confused with powerhouse. Southern Columbia high school 15 miles away. He lived in Berwick, PA

We play Central Columbia every year in high school. Our team, Danville has been a local powerhouse for the last 8 years or more. Verse was practically invisible. I never noticed him. You notice the kids on the opposing teams that really stand out. It’s not difficult to see.

Verse’s defensive coach is now our defensive coach and he said he was nothing special in high school. Central hasn’t had a good program as long as I can remember. So he was not developed in high school, and he wasn’t very big in high school. So he was recruited by DIII schools. He really grew while in college. Coupled with better coaching from college coaches and training, he blossomed. Florida State did a clinic at Albany and discovered Verse while there. So he transferred.
Thanks for the info....btw is NE Pennsylvania near the Poconos?

That's where I and Mrs. ArkyRamsFan spent our honeymoon...
Many, many moons ago.....

~ArkyRamsFan~

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Speights had a 67.7 PFF grade. Not a ton of snaps - but that certainly is higher than what we have seen from our usual.

What is important is both those dudes may have upside to grow into.

Speights wasn't bad, think he made one play where I was like "ok 48 I see you man." But what will he be when he's comfortable in the scheme. See the issue I have with Reeder is I know who he is from years of exposure. He is not going to improve. But Speights might.

Hummell is a bit of a confusing player to me because I loved his college tape. He was all over the fucking field for the Cyclones. I felt like he was looking the way he did in college during this past preseason stretch, and was excited to see him. But what he has is wheels. So if Rozeboom is going to be out there putting up mediocre as fuck tape then hey why not at least mix Hummell in and see if he can find some form.

By the way Rozeboom played some solid backer yesterday. I had no complaints. Thing with him though is he is up and down game to game. So they should keep mixing Hummell in there. And also they should mix Curl in there a bit too. Curl is quite good in the box. Quite instinctive the closer he gets to the LOS. He has excellent instincts on the run fill. So if neither of those others can improve then why not look at Curl in that role and then slide another DB in for Curl.

Limmer really settled down and had a good game. There was one stretch I think he had 3 penalties in 2 drives and the chat room was commenting on it
I wanted to choke him a few times with the penalties. But the hold they got him on was picky as fuck. I agree the dude is solid and I can't imagine how fucked we'd be if he hadn't emerged as a player for us. It ain't easy to make calls in the NFL as a rook. I mean he's got 9 behind him thankfully but even with that there are a lot of times where his calls need to be on point due to crowd noise and shit. Vikes weren't particularly aggressive on the blitz due to Kupp & Nacua returning, thankfully, but still that's a varied and challenging front and he got the job done.

Also Dedich. I didn't want to get too excited about his initial game being respectable because the guy has no real room for error. But he improved week one to week two and was excellent yesterday. Rams may have found a key depth piece in him. Either way him playing like he did was a big deal. We really needed that win. And I haven't seen the OL pass protect like that since our playoff run last year. It's impressive.

RamWoodie

Legend

This Speights kid has better feet, is quicker, and is better in pass coverage. They gotta let this guy play more and he's gonna move Reeder or Rozeboom out.

I'm still wondering if the Rams are gonna give LB Davis, who the Redskins cut a call and see if the LB position can get better. A lot of the run defense problems has to do with LB play. Davis was making about 3.5 mil with the Redskins. I would think the Rams can sign him if he works out ok.

RamWoodie

Legend
I actually thought that was Limmer's worse game although he was still good, but he has been outstanding in the other games. Game ball to Justin Dedich as I thought he played outstanding and I was upset Noteboom could not play, but Dedich stepped up and now offers the Rams another viable option at LG.

Also Hunter Long had some great blocks and caught the ball too, overall just a great team effort and win as I do not see or here anyone asking for McVay to give up the play calling after last nights game. Funny how much better you are when you get your players back and Demarcus Robinson showcases how happy he is to have Nacua & Kupp back too.
Get the rest of the OLine healthy and there's no need to move Limmer, which make them even stronger!!!

Toothsayer

Rookie
Name
Richard H Stee

3rd snap, he actually gets head-slapped by the Vike defender. WTH ?! Not only has that been illegal for half a century, but it was Deacon's signature move. Un-effing-acceptable.

Probably why The Football Gods decided to avert the zebs' eyes on the facemask...lol...

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Well last night was sure the pick me up we needed huh? Really nice to have Puka and Kupp back, Rams looked like themselves again

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Well last night was sure the pick me up we needed huh? Really nice to have Puka and Kupp back, Rams looked like themselves again
Hey @Ewe83 ! no doubt. "Vintage Rams" kept going through my head: excellent D, great WR's, Stafford magic. Sprinkled with some decent ST work. Getting our playmakers back changes the whole vibe.