CELEBRATE !! RAMS SLAY VIKINGS VICTORY CELEBRATION!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Troy Reeder had his best game as a Ram.
Speights got better as the game went on.

He wasn't great but he wasn't bad by any stretch. I do think his play is why the Rams put Reeder on the IR.
I do expect Reeder and Speights to be playing with Rozeboom to the bench after Reeder returns.

dang

Legend
He alligator armed that that catch. If he was at all physical there, fought for that ball, he would have caught it or gotten the PI call. His hand got knocked away by a feather.
He’s been decent but I’m pretty sure Staff didn’t go back to him after that play
While I agree TuTu doesn’t have the physical ability to high point a ball or physically rip it from a defenders arms - he did not “alligator arm” that catch. It was a couple yards short allowing the defender to get an arm into TuTu small bread basket. My point is his speed can take the top of the defense and keep them honest on the long ball. He is not anywhere near “the” weapon but he is “a” weapon. For this year I like him in the arsenal. Next year he’s likely gone.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
While I agree TuTu doesn’t have the physical ability to high point a ball or physically rip it from a defenders arms - he did not “alligator arm” that catch. It was a couple yards short allowing the defender to get an arm into TuTu small bread basket. My point is his speed can take the top of the defense and keep them honest on the long ball. He is not anywhere near “the” weapon but he is “a” weapon. For this year I like him in the arsenal. Next year he’s likely gone.
He waited it in. Which was enough to not have a chance to score, because he rarely makes contested catches.

Simply attacking the ball by leaping for it would have ensured the TD. But he isn't the type of wideout who fights for a ball.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

Tutu is a good change up receiver and yet the defenses have to respect his speed. Tutu killed the whiners so that alone means he should stay on the roster. :)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay I guess I'll bring it up. Is this the first time we beat a Flores coach defense?

If Stafford was the qb against the phins that day in 2020 he would have torched those bozos.

That was the beginning of the end for Goff. Mcvay complained after the game that he was disappointed some players weren't putting in the work to become the best they could. We all knew he was talking about Goff since he didn't process the defensive looks quickly enough after the snap. Or the free rushers.

Mcvay wanted a qb who has seen it all and could do things on the fly.

Having said that Goff would probably crush them right now. He's a much better qb right now than he was back then. That's what putting in the work does for you.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
EX-FUCKING-ACTLY! Fuck Michaels. He sounds so fucking sour when it comes to anything Rams. Aaron Donald's pressure deserved better than him and Collinsworthless.
Or the bomb to Kupp to beat the 0 blitz during the NFCCG.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or the bomb to Kupp to beat the 0 blitz during the NFCCG.

In all honesty I didn't hear a word he said in both instances. We were shouting so loud we couldn't hear a thing from the TV. Especially when AD took down burrows.

But I do remember the commentators were such sourpusses in the first half of the Tampa playoff game when the Rams were up by 4 scores. They only perked up once the Bucs started their comeback.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Okay I guess I'll bring it up. Is this the first time we beat a Flores coach defense?
My friend Melanie is a Viking fan from North Dakota. She said that Flores didn’t play the same scheme that’s been winning games, against the Rams. She said he uses a lot more movement and deception with who he blitzes, similar to the Ravens last year.

I told her that I think the Rams blitz pick up was so good and the Rams receivers were torching the Vikings secondary so often that he had to change up what he was doing and play more coverage.

Imo the Offensive line made it impossible for Flores to do what he wanted to against the Rams. Plus RB blitz pick-up and having Kupp and Nacua back. They couldn’t play man versus those two.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Flores defense....and the Vikings are 5-5 the last 10 games. Sure Cousins was out for those last 3 in 2023. But points allowed?

(2023)....30 (Goff), 33 (Love), 30 (Goff) (2024) 29 (Love), 31 (Goff), 30 (Stafford). They won one of those 6 games but that's an average of 31 PPG vs quality QBs. Is that defense that good? Against quality QBs it doesn't look that way.

Other QBs? 2024.....Jones (6), Purdy (17), Stroud (7), Rodgers (17). Stroud is the outlier there.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I told her that I think the Rams blitz pick up was so good and the Rams receivers were torching the Vikings secondary so often that he had to change up what he was doing and play more coverage.
Yeah Flores had to call off the dogs out of respect for Kupp and Nacua. And the OL played very well on top of that. The RBs too. One of the blitzes we beat early was when Corum took that blitzer head-on to allow the completion.

If Flores had faced the Rams a week and a half ago he would have destroyed Stafford because the weapons weren't there. Shit would have been fugly as hell.