Rams signing Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
nah rock not talking about you.

Just in general
Oh, gotcha. Back on topic........... :)
I would have to agree with anyone upset with the Rams waiting until now to sign Wentz, (unless its a contract issue). I have only enjoyed one backup in the History of the Rams and that was Baker Mayfield................but he was a starter so....no, guess I have never liked a Rams backup. :)

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
in a Vent thread...............about you attack fans instead of players/team.....yes, that sounds familiar. Was it really that long ago? Dam, you have an excellent memory sir! (I'm hazy about what I ate at lunch).

Not so much a good memory.

I have referred to that thread a number of times because it's a great reminder for all fans not to over-react. It's very easy to find, and I have re-visited it a number of times because it provides a sound perspective.

Even after a winless month, the Rams stood at 7-4 and were a playoff-team at that moment. Posters were saying the Rams were done, and McVay and Snead's jobs should be in jeopardy. And, again, I don't feel like I 'attacked fans' but tried to pull some back from the ledge they were standing upon ... You are welcome.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
oh man would it be so revealing to go back to those posts and see all the crow lol.

I remember that stretch of games and what this board was like.
Super easy to find ... page 111 of the Rams / NFL Talk.

Mentioned it a number of times simply because it provides a great perspective on the Fanatic nature of Fans.

Some of the same posters calling for McVay and/or Snead to be in trouble now, said the same thing then.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@Da-Rock

We tend to let a lot go - more than I'd like to honestly. But when a member becomes consistently negative, and starts being disrespectful and acting childish to the point that it is dragging down several threads with unmitigated negativity, we're generally going to step in - as we've done for years and Paulie did since the beginning.

There is a reason why people have been members for over a decade in many cases and that in large part is because we don't put up with the crap you find on other boards.

We will continue to moderate this board per the terms and conditions (located at the bottom of the page) as well as to maintain the tenor that our members expect. If you feel it is too stifling, you can look for another board that is more to your liking.

My suggestion though is that before you start questioning our moves on the open forum, you PM the moderator to see if there might be something you may have missed.

Bottom line is that we try to maintain this board as a place where people can get away from the constant bitching and moaning and personal attacks against BOTH other members and those associated with our team. Sometimes we miss our mark but for the most part, I think people find ROD a fun place to interact.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@Da-Rock

We tend to let a lot go - more than I'd like to honestly. But when a member becomes consistently negative, and starts being disrespectful and acting childish to the point that it is dragging down several threads with unmitigated negativity, we're generally going to step in - as we've done for years and Paulie did since the beginning.

There is a reason why people have been members for over a decade in many cases and that in large part is because we don't put up with the crap you find on other boards.

We will continue to moderate this board per the terms and conditions (located at the bottom of the page) as well as to maintain the tenor that our members expect. If you feel it is too stifling, you can look for another board that is more to your liking.

My suggestion though is that before you start questioning our moves on the open forum, you PM the moderator to see if there might be something you may have missed.

Bottom line is that we try to maintain this board as a place where people can get away from the constant bitching and moaning and personal attacks against BOTH other members and those associated with our team. Sometimes we miss our mark but for the most part, I think people find ROD a fun place to interact.
Thanks Stu, the ethos here has been tested lately, I don't envy the mods duties

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Not so much a good memory.

I have referred to that thread a number of times because it's a great reminder for all fans not to over-react. It's very easy to find, and I have re-visited it a number of times because it provides a sound perspective.

Even after a winless month, the Rams stood at 7-4 and were a playoff-team at that moment. Posters were saying the Rams were done, and McVay and Snead's jobs should be in jeopardy. And, again, I don't feel like I 'attacked fans' but tried to pull some back from the ledge they were standing upon ... You are welcome.

Well, try this, I said McVay would never win a superbowl because he cannot adjust.

Yes, I am fully aware of my "Rams" view. The 80s and 90s killed me as a human being :)

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
@Da-Rock

I remember first signing up in 2016 and wondering if I could follow these "stricter" guidelines because I could get pretty negative on the Post Dispatch with all the crap that was going on and I would have to cut that back some. But it's been a smoother transaction than I first thought and I've been enjoying it here.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It’s a culture thing. It’s hard to moderate because fans understandably are passionate and get pissed and frustrated with coaches, owners, GM’s and players.

For example if one posts “McVays playcalling was shit today” and then posted further about why it was bad etc….that’s cool.

If one comes in and posts “McVay is an idiot” and proceeds to keep posting more vitriol without anything discussion worthy….over and over, you will get moderated and probably don’t fit in with the culture here.

There are plenty of other boards and places to go where you can freely call Van Jefferson a pussy, McVay an idiot or the Rams offense garbage.

Not here.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
@Da-Rock

While I understand having control is good, over doing it can make turn it into something else.

You suggested that I not question a Mod on an open forum.........is that in the policy because that comes off really bad?

Having a discussion on a forum does need to be moderated and kept on track, but I am seeing more Mod replies off topic than on. Does it make you guys that mad if someone dares to question?

PS - you look so much like the previous owner of Bunz n Co. down in Roseville. We had our own upstairs loft there to eat and watch.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Well, try this, I said McVay would never win a superbowl because he cannot adjust.

Yes, I am fully aware of my "Rams" view. The 80s and 90s killed me as a human being :)
No worries.

The 1990s were brutal until the magical 1999 season, which I still worry was a perfect dream, and I am about to wake-up.

However, I thought the 1980s was a very good decade to be a Rams’ fan. Playoff team 7 out of 8 non-strike seasons. Rams were really good that decade but had the misfortune to be in the same division with the best team of that period.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
It’s a culture thing. It’s hard to moderate because fans understandably are passionate and get pissed and frustrated with coaches, owners, GM’s and players.

For example if one posts “McVays playcalling was shit today” and then posted further about why it was bad etc….that’s cool.

If one comes in and posts “McVay is an idiot” and proceeds to keep posting more vitriol without anything discussion worthy….over and over, you will get moderated and probably don’t fit in with the culture here.

There are plenty of other boards and places to go where you can freely call Van Jefferson a pussy, McVay an idiot or the Rams offense garbage.

Not here.

I agree with the basis of your statement. I see the difference between the wording used. What I don't understand is the constant comments from MOds explaing how we can go to another board if we don't like. That is a factual point, but why is that always loaded and ready to fire here? I'm 52, socializing on a messageboard is fun, but its just a messageboard no matter how clean or dirty it is.

Having said that, this board reminds me of the Rampagers email ring from years ago. Its well done and fun.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
ROD was started..... as I recall, as a safe haven for the shit show and negativity that was the dispatch.

@-X- was my favorite member on that site, and I gladly joined here when he said he had started it. It's been the only Rams forum I have visited since, and no amount of pissing and moaning from ANY of us is gonna be allowed to fuck with the ROD culture.

The current owners and staff have kept that charter and we're lucky af to have them and this dope ass community of Rams fans. It's not hard to understand. Be passionate, but don't be a dick. If you end up being a dick after some frustrating Rams shit, so be it..... but move on and try to find a happy place. It's a game, and you don't have any control over it.....and no amount of hand wringing and pouting will change that.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
the constant comments from MOds explaing how we can go to another board if we don't like. That is a factual point, but why is that always loaded and ready to fire here?
My opinion on that…is that I’d bet that 90% of the new members don’t read the terms, rules and more importantly, the culture statement when signing up.

The culture comes up openly in threads from time to time(like this thread) and inevitably folks that have been posting here for quite awhile have no clue what culture is being discussed. They fire back with words like censorship and free speech etc.

Maybe some of the other mods can speak to this or have a different opinion than mine.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
While I understand having control is good, over doing it can make turn it into something else.

You suggested that I not question a Mod on an open forum.........is that in the policy because that comes off really bad?

Having a discussion on a forum does need to be moderated and kept on track, but I am seeing more Mod replies off topic than on. Does it make you guys that mad if someone dares to question?

PS - you look so much like the previous owner of Bunz n Co. down in Roseville. We had our own upstairs loft there to eat and watch.
What I mean by that is not to squelch conversation but to not have it drag down a thread. It's not about us getting mad.

You can PM us any time and we will generally give you the why's and what's that are behind our moves with no hard feelings. It just makes it cleaner that way.

P. S. I've never been to the place you referenced. Cheers.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Oh, gotcha. Back on topic........... :)
I would have to agree with anyone upset with the Rams waiting until now to sign Wentz, (unless its a contract issue). I have only enjoyed one backup in the History of the Rams and that was Baker Mayfield................but he was a starter so....no, guess I have never liked a Rams backup. :)

I liked Kurt Warner when he was back up to Marc Bulger. :eyeroll:

1699406032832.png