Rams signing Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think we might have to start seriously wondering about the long-term prognosis for Matthew Stafford's overall health. He had hip problems earlier, now the thumb...

This isn't just signing a clipboard holder. Colt McCoy could have served that purpose, i.e. just get us through 2023 if necessary. This seems like some longer-tem thinking. Makes you wonder, in hindsight, if the Rams regret not re-signing Baker Mayfield.
Wentz is a horrible QB who at least has some of the physical tools. This is a stop gap. But sure gonna be a roller-coaster if he plays. And can't wait to see how he does in the locker room if he has to play for an extended period of time. Me not We.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Wentz may have been waiting for an injury to happen and a chance to start, but at this point, he likely just wants to get on a roster so that he can get an accrued year… and there’s a chance he’ll play.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Wentz is a horrible QB who at least has some of the physical tools. This is a stop gap. But sure gonna be a roller-coaster if he plays. And can't wait to see how he does in the locker room if he has to play for an extended period of time. Me not We.
If he just stands in the pocket and does absolutely nothing else he is better than Rypien.... Why this wasn't done last week or better yet weeks ago is beyond me.

jap

Legend
 Baker Mayfield was Wentz-like until he met QB whisperer, Sean McVay. Can Sean manage to get Carson to utilize the gray matter between his ears?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz may have been waiting for an injury to happen and a chance to start, but at this point, he likely just wants to get on a roster so that he can get an accrued year… and there’s a chance he’ll play.
Exactly.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Low risk signing and a good one. If anyone is complaining, which I doubt, just watch Rypien highlights from last week hahaha

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz sucks but hoping it's vet minimum and he's better that Rypien

Last edited:

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I for one am happy to see the Rams try to upgrade the roster and not just throw in the towel for this season. This move has renewed some enthusiasm with the fan base. I'm just glad to see the Rams do something to improve the backup QB situation.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always thought Wentz went downhill after Mark Barron smashed into him

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
You might want to take a look at the list of Rams coaches since John Robinson. Long line of LOSERS who could not coach and could not draft. SOSAR came from that era and we got our brains beat in like it was a normal thing.
Vermiel was so bad a mutiny was in the mix. He knew he sucked so he got Martz who was smart AND crazy.
McVay is not perfect but is the best coach the Rams have ever had by far.
The guy is still the youngest coach yet he has his coaching "lineage" in the NFL doing well.
Suck it up buttercup.
We sold out and are paying the price. McVay is so good all he has known is winning, this is his first rebuild.
Every coach in the NFL would take Seans won-loss. Playoff won-loss and 50-50 in 2 SUPERBOWL'S !
Just as a quick addendum...McVay is 8-18 through this last week since the SB win and is still twenty games over .500 lifetime.

Yeah, F McVay...

With Love GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I'm not a moderator or anything, (obviously), but is there a reason why lately on these boards there is a trend of Ram fan posters getting butthurt over something as simple as, "Maybe he's a moron"? I don't get it, have we all gone so soft that something as tame as that sets off a variety of posters and a Mod?

I didn't even notice the comment until a mod replied about it.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm not a moderator or anything, (obviously), but is there a reason why lately on these boards there is a trend of Ram fan posters getting butthurt over something as simple as, "Maybe he's a moron"? I don't get it, have we all gone so soft that something as tame as that sets off a variety of posters and a Mod?

The rules are pretty simple and have been moderated the same since the beginning of the board. It has caused people to leave (voluntarily or involuntarily) many times. The mods tend to give a bit of leeway at times, particularly in GDTs, but if it becomes a trend they will invoke their powers to be. For which I am happy about. Gets old when the only contribution is constant bashing and name calling.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Definite upgrade. But, if he gets significant playing time, how long until he's injured?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We're supposed to be respectful not only to other members but to Rams personnel and staff. It's not hard to get your point across without resorting to childish comments like moron or idiot or such.

Ellard80

Legend

not when the same poster says the same negative shit 172 times

I'm not really exaggerating either.

Turducken

Starter
If he just stands in the pocket and does absolutely nothing else he is better than Rypien.... Why this wasn't done last week or better yet weeks ago is beyond me.
I'm guessing they gambled that Matt would be ready to go.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

This is funny to me.

You once called me out for 'smack talk' and a 'violation of Board' rules for posting the following:
"I hope the Rams' players and coaches are a whole lot more mentally tough than a lot of posters here."
It was a Vent thread during the Super Bowl season; and I did not direct that comment at any specific posters.

Last edited: