Rams Signing Davin Joseph

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
If the Rams get into camp and Joseph looks like his 2011 form, what do you do? A best possible scenario.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Long
Robinson
Wells
Joseph
Saffold

That's what you do.

If it was me, I wouldn't move an All-Pro type talent like Saffold to RT for Joseph. To be honest, I would have to keep Joseph as a backup even if he was playing at a high level. Hard to justify taking out a young super athletic run blocking guard who dominates (assuming Robinson plays as well has he projects, and Saffold plays as well as he did previously) to replace him with an older slower weaker pass blocking guard, even if that guard was playing well. Less upside than keeping Saffold at the position and Saffold fits the power scheme better. Also, Saffold isn't any better than Barksdale at RT. Might be the best 5 players, but not putting them into the best position to succeed.

Just my 2 cents.

Joseph is basically guaranteed to get SOME snaps with the way injuries seem to hit our line though. Hopefully it doesn't happen, but it's true.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I love this signing. I know some think the guy is done but a change of scenery and new coaching to him just might turn that light back on. I like it.

FRO

Legend
Here is a post from a Bucs forum when I asked about Joseph. Take it for what it's worth:
Davin was one of my favorites while he was here in Tampa. Your getting a really good guy. He is a class act and is the type of guy you would wznt in your locker room. Also q great guy in the community.

Unfortunately thats about it. Injuries have really derailed hus career and its a shame because he was a stud at the beginning of his career. On the field he has his moments but with each passing season those moments are beconing fewer and fewer. His game tape was awful this past season.

Im really pulling for the guy to do well in STL. But honestly the cards are stacked against him. I dont know to much about the Rams OL situation so he could catch on as a back up but I wouldnt couny on that.

Memphis Ram

Legend
If the Rams get into camp and Joseph looks like his 2011 form, what do you do? A best possible scenario.

LT Long
LG Joseph
C Jones (still don't believe that Wells will be with team)
RG Saffold
RT Robinson

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Love it. The trenches will be tough to get past.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Long
Robinson
Wells
Saffold
Barksdale

Joseph is a backup if these guys are healthy. And... If he rarely sees the field that's likely a good thing!

And... To those that kick Saffold outside; no way. Let's see if he can actually stay healthy on the interior.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Really like this signing, especially because we likely got a bargain price given the time between the visit and the signing.

If we can keep OL injuries under control, we won't be fancy, but we should be good.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
For the love of god for one stinking year can we just stay healthy and let all of our #1's play a full year.

The good thing is, with all this depth coming in, even if our guys do get injured, I have a feeling that the guys who'll come in in his stead will come out and play good football.

When's the last time we could say that for our O-line?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Another positive: there is enough quality depth to push the starters.

I am not suggesting anyone is loafing, but in the NFL someone is always trying to take your job. Nice to see real competition on this unit, as opposed to "the okay" beating out "the okay".

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The good thing is, with all this depth coming in, even if our guys do get injured, I have a feeling that the guys who'll come in in his stead will come out and play good football.

When's the last time we could say that for our O-line?

Um, I don't know if I was alive then :)