Rams Signing Davin Joseph

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez
My @foxsports1 exclusive: @STLouisRams set to sign ex- @TBBuccaneers G Davin Joseph

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wow. They're all-in on the offensive line this year.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Good depth pick up. Makes me feel a lot better in case Robinson has to move outside or if Saffold goes down.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams set to sign veteran guard Davin Joseph

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 27, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/27/rams-set-to-sign-veteran-guard-davin-joseph/

The Rams continue to add parts for their offensive line, with a veteran addition that could pay dividends.

According to Alex Marvez of FOX Sports, the Rams are set to sign veteran guard Davin Joseph, formerly of the Buccaneers.

He visted the Rams in March, and has also done the tour with stops in Dallas and New England.

The two-time Pro Bowler could obviously lend some guard depth after the Rams lost Shelley Smith to Miami in free agency. They were able to hang onto Rodger Saffold and drafted Greg Robinson second overall, giving them what should be a good set of guards (assuming Jake Long is well enough to play left tackle to start the season).

Of course, that would require Joseph to be recovered from the knee injury that cost him last season, but if he’s well, he could help.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Good depth pick up. Makes me feel a lot better in case Robinson has to move outside or if Saffold goes down.
Most definitely, I wanted this guy before the draft and now I can say I am comfortable with the OL group more so then I have in any of the past 5 years!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
No more screwing around it seems, Rams are in it to win it and want some success.

Color me sufficiently excited.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That's great if Long's injury takes time then Saffold to LT and Joseph to RG...Much better depth now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It would be great if we never had to use him.
That's what I'd like to see happen.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
This is the guy that will solidify this unit going into training camp. I was skeptical thinking the Brandon Washington could be the guy that provides the kind of depth they would be comfortable with.

Now when you look at this unit they have the depth and flexibility that Boudreau loves.

Offensive Linemen (14)
61Tim Barnes ( C ) 6'4 300 3 Missouri
63Scott Wells ( C ) 6'2 300 11 Tennessee
64Sean Hooey - OL 6'9 295 1 Cincinnati
65Demetrius Rhaney ( C ) 6'2 301 R Tennessee State
66Mithcell Van Dyk (T) 6'7 313 R Portland State
67Barrett Jones (G/C) 6'4 306 1 Alabama
70Brandon Washington (G) 6'2 318 3 Miami
72Joe Barksdale (T) 6'5 329 4 LSU
73Mike Person (T) 6'4 299 4 Montana State
76Rodger Saffold (T) 6'5 314 5 Indiana
77Jake Long (T) 6'7 319 7 Michigan
79Greg Robinson (G/T) 6'5 332 R Auburn
XXAbasi Salimu (T) 6'5 292 R Nichols State
XXDavin Joseph (G) 6'3 313 9 Oklahoma

Last edited:

tbux

Rookie
Hes good fellas- I live in Tampa - he was a REALLY good OG before he blew out his knee- I know how bad he was last year, but it was because he wasn't all the way back from that injury- if he is now- GREAT signing! Also very good insurance if JL isn't all the way back and we move Robinson or Saffold to LT - LOVE this signing.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Good depth signing. My opinion: been inconsistent in the past, and not much of a run blocker in my opinion. He's pretty good at the top of his game, just hard to get it out of him. I hope he works out, but I don't have high hopes after his injury, age, and overall mediocre play in between his great seasons. As depth though, pretty good.

He's probably due for a Pro Bowl season, based off his career trends...