Rams sign WR Demarcus Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
BTW, just caught an Eagles weekly cable TV program. They previewed the NFC West dunce they play that division this yr.

They called the Rams and the Cards the likley 2 worst teams in the league this yr.

So the narrative is real and why I commented its encouraging that the Rams seem to be making an effort to bring in affordable vets to bolster the roster instead of just throwing a bunch of rookies out there to tank the season.
Yeah - but the WR group isn’t a bum of rookies ? We’ll see how it all shakes up.
Solid take , I get it. —6 1/2 win totals I’m sure I’ll get to a couple Training Camp practices.That will help give a better view of players(team)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Maybe you don't understand me or the rules of this board. You can give criticism of a player, but once you start talking about current Rams players, coaches, FO, etc and going off on - so and so is garbage, this guy's an idiot, this guy sucks... You are on the edge of getting booted. We don't do that here and won't allow that here. There are plenty of boards that will let you pull that shit. This is not one of them.

Are we clear?
Yep - you don’t see that from me ,really. I get pushed at all the negativity on Raheem Morris around here for sure.
Lol at how he brought The Rams a Superbowl.It’s a team game. Did Ben Skow get hurt last season & recovering from injury?
There’s going to be some tough cuts. Still to early,but Tutu Atwell
will have a better season than Ben Sko for sure even if he is in the rotation.Van Jefferson & Kupp together make for a nice 1-2 combination.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You're on point. To me Skow has more value to us in that H-back role..or a big slot receiver than in the role as strictly a wide out. That and him being a solid special teamer is why I believe he'll make the team.

For what it's worth I think Robinson will be our return guy and johnson and McCutcheon will battle for the last wr spot.
There you go !! That’s probably more on point than myself.I wondering how the TE group plays out & effect on the WR’s.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Skowronek was held out of an OTA session due to a foot injury, I think. No idea if he came back the next day. Maybe they've found it to be more serious than they've let on so far.

Or maybe Skowronek is about to make the switch to TE (where he belongs, IMO) as possible contract negotiations with Higbee aren't going well.

Maybe there is a gambling or other suspension coming down the pike for one of the WRs.

Perhaps, the team has come to the realization that the depth on the team really isn't that good.

Could be the team making sure they have capable talent to get through camp as they may have to take it easy with Jefferson & Puka.

Or perhaps these guys are extra veteran camp bodies to help with the development of not only Bennett, but the young secondary.

Who knows?

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
There you go !! That’s probably more on point than myself.I wondering how the TE group plays out & effect on the WR’s.
Yes... I've thought the same thing about our TE group. I mean as of right now...if we don't have a rock solid 3rd WR....doesn't it make sense for us to run more 2-TE sets? I mean we've had success running the ball out of a 2 TE set, and if one of our young TEs competing with Hopkins will yield a solid option as our #2 TE, then to me that becomes an option we should go to more. We've used 3 WRs more than any other team by far, which has lent us to me too predictable offensively at times. We may be at a point where finally we see some versatility in our sets.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes... I've thought the same thing about our TE group. I mean as of right now...if we don't have a rock solid 3rd WR....doesn't it make sense for us to run more 2-TE sets? I mean we've had success running the ball out of a 2 TE set, and if one of our young TEs competing with Hopkins will yield a solid option as our #2 TE, then to me that becomes an option we should go to more. We've used 3 WRs more than any other team by far, which has lent us to me too predictable offensively at times. We may be at a point where finally we see some versatility in our sets.
The Rams did when Johnny Mundt was with The Rams & Everett. That was a nice core TE group a long with Tyler Higbee.
The beast looks healthy & will add a lot to the offense,with an extra TE.
—I look back at that Denver game & thought The Rams don’t want to put there best game plan together after winning that game with the 12 formation.

Also who gets cut ? Hopkins or Ben Sko ?? IMO as of now will be one of them for sure,if not both?
Can’t see The Rams keeping 4 TE’s & Ben Sko.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or maybe Skowronek is about to make the switch to TE (where he belongs, IMO) as possible contract negotiations with Higbee aren't going well.

Is funny how awkward he looks as a wr yet when Mcvay used him as a receiving fullback he looked like he'd been playing there his whole career. A natural.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams did when Johnny Mundt was with The Rams & Everett. That was a nice core TE group a long with Tyler Higbee.
Mundt only got offensive snaps in 2019 when Higbee missed the Bears game and Everett didnt play the last 5 games, he was rarely used on offense

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Skowronek was held out of an OTA session due to a foot injury, I think. No idea if he came back the next day. Maybe they've found it to be more serious than they've let on so far.

Skow would be an undersized TE at 224 pounds. But he's definitely a willing blocker. For some TE's that's half the battle.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Mundt only got offensive snaps in 2019 when Higbee missed the Bears game and Everett didnt play the last 5 games, he was rarely used on offens.
The way I remember it was that Mundt had a small but important role in the run game in certain 12 sets from 2019-2021. I think the snaps you're pointing to were just snaps where he caught the ball. Really hoping Allen can provide us what Mundt did, a small but important blocking role on the offense.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Skow would be an undersized TE at 224 pounds. But he's definitely a willing blocker. For some TE's that's half the battle.

I don't think it's that important what we deem Skow. Call him a pass-catcher who can block fairly well. It's far more important where he plays in what sets. What he does give us is continued 11 personnel flexibility.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Is funny how awkward he looks as a wr yet when Mcvay used him as a receiving fullback he looked like he'd been playing there his whole career. A natural.

Looks like a good football player to me. You need those, I hear.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Mundt only got offensive snaps in 2019 when Higbee missed the Bears game and Everett didnt play the last 5 games, he was rarely used on offense
Yeah and it's interesting how McVay tried to get his "Jordan Reed" in the first draft by taking Everett and whiffed on the pick. Everett did some things in the offense but the goal taking him round 2 was to fill that role and he was not up to snuff to do that.

Higs never was good enough in the pass game either, at least in terms of his ability to provide a threat for the offense to move the chains by getting open over the middle. Good solid TE but more an all arounder than anything else.

Ironically it was Kupp who filled that Jordan Reed role for McVay. Kupp who also similar height to Reed and who can roast LBs or muscle DBs while separating. It's almost as if our TE room has been lost in terms of what their role is due to this and this has shown in the sheer amount of 11 personnel snaps. Skow is similar in his size and utility capabilities, and now they have Nacua who is going to backup Kupp in that type of usage, so will this continue? I think it will up until one of the TEs they take can provide that threat over the middle.

I'd love to ask McVay about all that over a cold one. I'm sure it would be quite enlightening.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The way I remember it was that Mundt had a small but important role in the run game in certain 12 sets from 2019-2021. I think the snaps you're pointing to were just snaps where he caught the ball. Really hoping Allen can provide us what Mundt did, a small but important blocking role on the offense.
No, I'm not referring to targets, these are his snap counts, 2019 is highlighted as he had increased opportunity due to Higbee and Everett being out. And his 2020 numbers, as low as they are, are also askew since 46 of his 121 snaps (38%) came in the Bears game that Higbee missed.
1686508269782.png

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Well ok then. Have fun with that.
Wasn’t even joking. I followed the Redskins while the Rams were in St.Louis. There was no Jordan Reed-type here, so McVay utilized Gurley for those same catch-and-run plays, and he was even better at it than Reed imo.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Maybe there is a gambling or other suspension coming down the pike for one of the WRs.

Perhaps, the team has come to the realization that the depth on the team really isn't that good.

Could be the team making sure they have capable talent to get through camp as they may have to take it easy with Jefferson & Puka.

Or perhaps these guys are extra veteran camp bodies to help with the development of not only Bennett, but the young secondary.

Who knows?

The Rams had to trade Allen Robinson.Just The Rams signing him shows how much Sean Mcvay values WR’s.There is no doubt about that.
The Rams have a couple nice developmental WR’s this season & these veteran journey man WR’’s get to see the level of competition it takes to make The NFL.Which is awesome to have,especially going against The Rams young DB’s.

The Rams don’t EVER really settle of looking making the roster better.We can go back to all The Ram veterans that were either traded & cut under Sean(Les)Mcvay. -I can start?

We know Kupp is Kupp,like AD99 is AD99.2 Great Rams who ALWAYS work extremely hard to get better,plus AD99 has bought in & is a Key Mentor!!Jefferson as well as Cam Akers are contract years.Bith are young veterans that are LEADING by example.Anyone that wants to doubt them WILL be surprised.
Stafford is Stafford plus healthy & a Superbowl WINNER!!(playoff).

Puka has to earn his spot.What has he done in The NFL?Same Tutu Atwell,but his experience & another OTA(3rd) will only help his development as a NFL player.

Gambling,Drugs,sex ? Those are not good addictions if you don’t have stability or control with support.Those are just true LIFE FACTS for anybody.A NFL Player career ending.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Robinson is fitting in very, very well with this unit. He's dirt cheap this year.
I wonder how much he'll be next year?

I think he's worked his way into the conversation for next season, if he's very reasonable.

I've said it in another post.. if you keep him.. you can probably wait until 5th or 6th to draft someone and could take a flyer on a burner.. hope to end up with a Tank Dell or Demario Douglas.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would like to see Sean try him as a punt returner. That end around yesterday was seriously good vision and speed. He also is bigger than the average WR