Rams sign WR Demarcus Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
They had a lot of Allen Robinson jersey's they didn't want to throw away so needed a reason to use during preseason games.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They're just hell bent on ramping that competition on the depth chart as much as possible. Should make for great preseason drama leading to cut day too.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Jefferson has an injury history.. the default #3 WR right now is... no one.
Bringing in a guy who's had a decent career and is still pretty young for good value makes sense. Lots of youth in that room at the moment.
Puka can be showing out in OTAs.. but he's a rookie. If he beats out Robinson when the season starts, great!!

Psycho_X

Legend
I just looked, and Demarcus actually had better stats than Allen last year. Yikes.
Yeah, all joking aside he's a typical veteran depth piece if we need him. Has never been exceptional anywhere but seems to always grab 35-45 passes for around 400 yards and a few TDs. Insurance if something bad happens during training camp/preseason.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
And sometimes fans presume connections between two unrelated things.
Not when the Rams haven't been as active in FA and have to allocate those resources carefully. Tells me something about the WR group since we are supposedly ok there depth wise. May or may not be in relation to Tutu directly but still says something about our WR group for now.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Not when the Rams haven't been as active in FA and have to allocate those resources carefully. Tells me something about the WR group since we are supposedly ok there depth wise. May or may not be in relation to Tutu directly but still says something about our WR group for now.
It tells us very little about the WR group, and nothing about any specific WR (i.e. Tutu). We have one guy who is a lock to start and play a big role (Kupp), another who is a near lock (Jefferson), some veterans competing for roles (Robinson, T.Johnson, Tutu, Skowronek) and some young, first and second year guys (McCutcheon, Nacua, Trammell) trying to find a place on the roster.

We're a long way from knowing what the depth chart will look like in September.