Rams sign Wes Welker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Good, someone who can catch. Now please cut Bailey; we need to stop having dumbasses on this team.

Cut Bailey after a first offense?

SMH. I guess you have an inside scoop on the particulars involving this

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
It won't matter in the least. Welker earns his stripes between the numbers and our QB doesn't realize it's legal to throw the ball there.

From welcome insight to insightful cynicism Coach ???

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
A few things about the presser and Welker. First, what is all this talk about Wes being fragile? The guy's a baller, probable HOFer, and as the coach says, he's in excellent shape, plus he hasn't been hit this year so he's had some time to heal overall.

Cutting a guy after one drug suspension is strict policy, cutting a player after two consecutive suspensions is lenient, so how in the hell is welcoming a guy back after 2 drug suspensions considered strict policy?

Donnal a game ball? Seriously? Maybe as a parting gift but to say you're THAT happy with his performance is mind boggling and if I was Gurley, I'd be concerned.

I didn't think the Joyner hit was purposely malicious, but to dismiss it because Harrison says it was is funny. Yes, Rodney was known as a dirty player , so guess what, he probably knows more about playing dirty and getting away with it than most people.

Thank god he's aware of the huge offsides problem. Several of these have led to first downs instead of punts and at least 2 of these extended drives led to points that ended up being the point differential.

And for the love of God, start throwing some slants, especially with Welker.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are all just so tired of having no passing game for the last 10 years. We always have a great running back, we just can't get the other 10 pieces on the same page at the same time. We have been playing chess without our queen (QB) for a long time. Welker, work your magic!

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Thanks for correcting:sick:

4 games for strike two, must really be low level offenses

My bad, Head up ass yet again...so I guess he's now on Greg Hardys level as far as the union is concerned

God how I hate modern times

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Britt seems to have disappeared\
I've got to say, you guys have some strange timing on your posts.

Britt has seemed to disappear not even two nights removed from two big catches and him being open all day, including him streaking down the sideline so stealthily that apparently not even Foles could pick him out.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Click link below and scroll down to watch video.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/09/wes-welker-could-be-a-four-game-rental-for-the-rams/

Wes Welker could be a four-game rental for the Rams
Posted by Mike Florio on November 9, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwq1mzdmzmqynjg1ymy5oddlyze3yzezmdzjmmi2yjuw-e1447121111670.jpeg
AP

Just when it seemed to be over for Wes Welker, the Rams found a spot for him — thanks to the four-game suspension of receiver Stedman Bailey. The question now becomes whether Welker will be anything more than a four-game rental, employed only until Bailey returns from his short-term banishment under the substance-abuse policy.

“A setback for us from an offensive standpoint,” coach Jeff Fisher said Monday regarding the Bailey suspension. “A setback from a special teams standpoint. I’ve had numerous conversations with Sted. He understands that this is his last go-around. If he wants to flourish in this league, have a career in this league, he’s going to have to change his lifestyle.”

Bailey missed four games last year, due to a suspension under the PED policy. This latest suspension arises from multiple violations of the substance-abuse policy, which most often arises from marijuana use.

While Fisher is clearly concerned about Bailey, Fisher seems to have no concerns about Welker.

“[W]e’ve done physicals, we did the workout, we’ve done everything,” Fisher said. “Everything was good. . . . He’s in outstanding shape. We saw that early this morning. He’s in great shape. He’s anxious and eager to play. He’s moved the chains for two potential Hall of Fame quarterbacks and he’s good at what he does and he understands it. . . . Whether he’s active this week, I can’t predict because we have a short period of time to get him caught up. I think he’ll eventually move some chains for us.”

The Rams could use the help, given that the offense primarily has become the Todd Gurley and Tavon Austin show. Apart from a 55-yard bomb to Kenny Britt, quarterback Nick Foles completed 17 of 32 passes for 113 yards, an average of 3.5 yards per attempt and 6.64 yards per completion.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Cut Bailey after a first offense?

SMH. I guess you have an inside scoop on the particulars involving this

It's his second offense in two years. Remember the last four game suspension he was handed down at the beginning of last year?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
If Welker can stay healthy someone else will lose their job after four games.He is the first real NFL receiver on this roster in a long time.
And like I said in another post, getting out coached by mike Zimmer is like losing a spelling bee to a dog!

jjab360

Legend
Thanks for correcting:sick:

4 games for strike two, must really be low level offenses

My bad, Head up ass yet again...so I guess he's now on Greg Hardys level as far as the union is concerned

God how I hate modern times
Hit a doobie? 4 games.
Almost murder a chick by strangling her with your bare hands on a bed full of guns? 4 games.
smdh...

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
In the wake of all this, we should have traded for Alshon. I'm just sayin'.
I never saw anything that said he was available and the only thing the Rams could have had to trade would be Gurley. No thanks.

FRO

Legend
Didn't seem like he had much left last year but his leadership can definitely make a difference. Would love for Austin to be attached to Welker at the hip. Welker is a guy that can help Austin take his game to the next level.
Didn't think about this aspect. Coming out I thought Tavon could be Welker/Amendola with 4.2 speed. I was wrong, but maybe Welker can help me be right about something for once.

jjab360

Legend
Didn't think about this aspect. Coming out I thought Tavon could be Welker/Amendola with 4.2 speed. I was wrong, but maybe Welker can help me be right about something for once.
Tavon should be following the greatest slot receiver of all time around like he's his god damn secretary lol.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I didn't think the Joyner hit was purposely malicious, but to dismiss it because Harrison says it was is funny. Yes, Rodney was known as a dirty player , so guess what, he probably knows more about playing dirty and getting away with it than most people.

That is not the subject matter of the Harrison comments. Harrison said that when he was injured Fisher was laughing about it on the sideline and that proved to him how dirty Fisher is. A personal attack on Fisher on Sunday Night Football.

If NBC had any morals and they don't Harrison would already be fired.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Welker could be a blessing. Then again, he hasn't played with the team. I'm hoping he can help, but I'm not naive enough to think he'll make a difference. He thrives on catching the ball and running on the shorter routes. Does anyone really think Foles can hit him in stride?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I doubt there were ever any talks, did you hear something to indicate they were in discussions?

No, but I wouldn't put it past our front office to horde picks. Not that it's a terrible thing, but I have to wonder if we tried or not.