Rams sign Kenny Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

xander47

Rookie
I wonder if Gregg Williams had a part in this. He saw Britt first hand all year. Maybe he sees something we don't/didn't translate to the field.

RFIP

We could have Jerry Rice and Megatron as our WRs; it doesn't make any difference until we fix the O-line.

This mantra gets old when you are 4 years in to your franchise QB's career and STILL NEVER GOT HIM A #1 receiver!
Shame on this establishment...AGAIN.

3/31/2014: Good bye Sammy Watkins, we refused to draft you now we'll have to defend ya for the next 15 year!!!!

RFIP

Dude you need to chill out and step back from the ledge. He is a Ram now weather you like it or not. Even if we didn't pick up Britt we may have still never gotten Sammy. Your playing with fire with how much what if your playing. If Britt ends up being and upgrade to any one of our recievers this signing is a plus.

Personally I'm sick of hearing your conspiracy theory emotional bs drink some beer and relax

LOL how is it a "plus" if he's a ONE YEAR upgrade over Pettis, Givens or Quick? I'm an upgrade over those three!

And you are wrong, sitting at #2 they HAD Watkins right in the palm of their hands.

This is a bad signing on several fronts, and will be a worse one the day Britt garners his tenth arrest.

RFIP

How about giving the guy a chance now?

If you are so heavily against him I guess there wont be anything he can do to satisfy you.

The ONE thing he can do for me is get arrested again before May 8th.

Depending upon what the escalators are in Britts deal, he could potentially make $2.9M this season which is a considerable raise over his $700,00+ salary last season.

Even if he makes the season and doesn't hit all of his escalators he can still make a minimum of $1.4M.

So its all rosy for Kenny Britt who gets an opportunity to try and resurrect his career on a raise.

The potential of $2.9M is hardly a "tryout" deal for a guy coming off of 4 knee surgeries, a troubled past, and one who has never lived up to his vast potential.

Again, depending upon his escalators, the potential of this deal is very handsome for a player of his history.

Now the bad news.

You don't bring in this type of player when you have young receivers trying to find their way in the NFL. There is nothing positive to be gleaned from Kenny Britt.

He cannot teach them route running, he cannot teach them work ethic, he cannot teach them how to be a pro, there are no redeeming qualities associated with this signing.

Even if you get something out of him, his best season as a pro was 4 years ago. Four years and two knee surgeries ago and with that he only amassed 42 recs for 775yds.

Its obvious to me that the Rams picked up Britt because they don't want to take a wide receiver in the first round. Maybe not at all.

That fact should be obvious to everyone at this point. They say they like their receivers but yet they bring in a Kenny Britt.

With this move I expect them to go heavy defense and the o-line in the draft.

To the Rams, the value of a Kenny Britt supersedes the value of spending a first round pick on a receiver.

And for those that say, what's the big deal, they can cut him and not be on the hook for much at all.

Well...the BIG deal is Sammy Watkins.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Ahh... They fear us/Sam... What else do we expect?

At the end of the day their little Panda QB is cute and they won with him. But they know the Rams can beat them home and on road. We've done it before.

Haha! "Panda QB"... perfect.

That defense looks a lot different after FA14.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And for those that say, what's the big deal, they can cut him and not be on the hook for much at all.

Well...the BIG deal is Sammy Watkins.

I'm still not seeing the big deal.

Alan

Legend
RamsOfCastamere seeing right through me:
You just want to stop spitting on your computer haha
Bhudda you're good! :LOL:

That'll teach these young yahoos to buy a couple of vowels. :mad:

Alan

Legend
rdlkgliders looking for rewards:
Other than potentially being a bad clubhouse guy this is a high reward low risk signing.
Milestone
1000 posts
100 likes
PHX: shouldn't I get a cash bump or something?
Congratulations rdlk! (y)
images

I just gave you a like so...don't spend it all on foolish bets. ;) I suggest buying a vowel. Or two.
upload_2014-4-1_6-33-40.jpeg
images

Attachments

• upload_2014-4-1_6-33-31.jpeg
    upload_2014-4-1_6-33-31.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 168

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

We signed Kenny Britt - not Desean jackson

Yeah ya know they aren't even spelled close to the same, and the money was different , all sorts of "clues" that is true.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Dude I would so rock that car..
I thought the Levi denim seat covers were the neatest thing!

I see this as adding a veteran who Fisher knows to a very young WR cadre. This would permit us the time to see the youngins finally break out.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I had a 74 Gremlin X fast little shit ,rear end so light it would barely hold traction, ignition was loose from the factory and had to take it back in several time to get it fixed,until they did I had to jump the starter solenoid on the fender well to start it occasionally.
Called it the "high top tennis shoe".

RamBill

Legend
Tipsheet: Britt may not be lost cause
• By Jeff Gordon

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_3b542a1d-92fe-55b5-bfdc-a994f0bcb3d7.html

New Rams receiver Kenny Britt has been one of pro football’s most egregious underachievers.

Dropped passes, clashes with his coaches, multiple run-ins with the law, a serious knee injury . . . Britt checked all the boxes while washing out for the Titans. The 30th overall pick of the draft became a classic NFL failure.

His signing with the Rams elicited more groans than cheers in these parts. Many fans were hoping the Rams would go a different direction and use a high draft pick to select an elite receiving prospect.

Britt's arrival was hardly a free agency blockbuster. But the Newark Star-Ledger found a guy who believes Britt could finally fulfill his vast promise.

“He's maturing,” Titans cornerback Jason McCourty told the newspaper. “Kenny came in the league real young. We came in together and you can see him continue to grow.”

McCourty played with Britt at Rutgers. He saw Kenny flash great potential before his knee injury.

Last season he saw Britt working hard on the scout team after falling out of Tennessee’s playing rotation.

“As defensive backs, we hated it because he gave you 110 percent every day in practice," McCourty said last week. “But he got us ready for every game each week so I appreciated the hard work that he continued to give no matter what was going on with the season.

“I definitely think that was a huge step for him to go through that type of adversity and still be able to persevere and continue to fight and practice hard.”

Rams coach Jeff Fisher drafted Britt in Tennessee and still believes in him. After all, Britt did catch nine TD passes in 2010 – a staggering total compared to Brian Quick’s non-production here – and he had 42 receptions in two different seasons.

“I truly believe he can be a No. 1 receiver in this game.” McCourty said. “That's just from competing with him all throughout practice and camp through these past five seasons. I just think a new scenery will be huge for him. To get back with Coach Fisher, the coach that drafted him, I think that would be a huge opportunity.”

It also may be his last opportunity, given the steady flow of receiving prospects from the college ranks to the NFL.

“He knows he has a family to support and the whole nine,” McCourty said. “I definitely think he understands the process. Sometimes it takes a little while for us to understand the business side of the NFL and I think he's poised and he's ready to go.

“That guy can still go get it. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what he does this upcoming season.”

So are we. For the sake of the Rams and their long-suffering Rams, let’s hope he plays with more urgency than another former Titan, Jared Cook, demonstrated after signing a big free agent deal here.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I had a 74 Gremlin X fast little crap ,rear end so light it would barely hold traction, ignition was loose from the factory and had to take it back in several time to get it fixed,until they did I had to jump the starter solenoid on the fender well to start it occasionally.
Called it the "high top tennis shoe".
Way off topic but what the heck, I remember kids in high school putting V8s in pacers since they were so light and had a lot of space.

Just like putting a 302 in a pinto/bobcat when they did. Just because you can doesn't make it a good idea.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I just realized...

We now have a first rounder from every year on our roster since 2008...

2008: Jake Long
2008: Chris Long
2009: Kenny Britt
2010: Sam Bradford
2011: Robert Quinn
2012: Michael Brockers
2013: Tavon Austin
2013: Alec Ogletree

Sort of takes the sting away from the bit whiff Jason Smith.

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
No doubt about it, we've got some talent on this team. We'll probably add a couple more this year. :) (y)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Interesting to note that Britt and Cook were both drafted in the same class by Fisher in 2009. Britt in the 1st(30th overall) and J.Cook in the 3rd(89th).