Rams sign Kenny Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
What if the Rams see Pettis as nothing more than a depth guy and Quick as not developing? Britt is a one year stop gap that may not pan out. They could still draft Watkins with the long term vision of Watkins being teamed with Austin, Cook and Bailey.
If Britt performs at a high level and could be resigned that would give you 4 good targets at WR....which is really what you want anyway.
I have always wanted Oline with that first pick, but, I don't think this automatically eliminates any chance of Watkins.
What I think it does do (along with the other signings) is make it easier to trade down.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He is young, his potential is undeniable and he has never played with a passer like Bradford.

So true.

Watch the highlight videos in this thread... So many passes off target, timing off, etc. Britt has to wait on balls, steal the ball... Bad quarterbacking indeed.

Wait until Britt gets to field passes from Sam.

That said; if dude drops passes I'll have little patience.

fearsomefour

Legend
So true.

Watch the highlight videos in this thread... So many passes off target, timing off, etc. Britt has to wait on balls, steal the ball... Bad quarterbacking indeed.

Wait until Britt gets to field passes from Sam.

That said; if dude drops passes I'll have little patience.
As opposed to who? All the other Ram WRs?
I want to hear Rummy Kosar break down Britts play.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I can live with this signing. It is the definition of smart FA work, low-risk, high reward potential. Does it affect the decision to draft Watkins or not? Probably very very little. Britt has a month before the draft to either screw up or bond with his new surroundings. If the Rams are willing to keep 6 WRs on the roster, this makes little difference. You either go with 5 and cut the least performing guy, go with 6 and keep everybody, or draft a WR and keep 6 and cut the bottom guy.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
He is a more finished Quick in a sense. Both 6' 3" both Appx 220-225lbs both run about 4.5.
Now lets see both on the field performing and creating mismatches with smaller CB's

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
And Seahawk fans continue to say "Bradford is still the QB."

I'm going to enjoy this very much, fellas. :D

Ahh... They fear us/Sam... What else do we expect?

At the end of the day their little Panda QB is cute and they won with him. But they know the Rams can beat them home and on road. We've done it before.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Oh my :(

parenting-fail-540x401.jpg

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
He is a more finished Quick in a sense. Both 6' 3" both Appx 220-225lbs both run about 4.5.
Now lets see both on the field performing and creating mismatches with smaller CB's
And there might just be the whole purpose of signing Britt. You bring in a guy that would be playing the same role as Quick in hopes both get energized by the experience. We can all agree Quick needs to get off the pot. This might be a move to get him going. You now have two chances at a big WR doing his thing in this O.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm shocked you feel this way. Really. Just shocked!

Damn straight. He's obsessed.

I want the rams to draft clowney, no ifs or buts. But will I be upset if they take Robinson/Matthews/Watkins, hell no. I'll still be over the moon because the rams got better.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
please. 000.000% chance they even look at Watkins because of this piece of garbage who happens to be a FOJF. Bad, BAD signing on many levels.
This is why you don't tie yourself emotionally to a player before they are ever part of the team. So now you'll be pissed at Britt and the team if Watkins isn't selected never knowing if he was really in consideration or not. Will you root against Britt too?

I did not want him to be signed but now that he is I want the best he can bring to the team

RamBill

Legend

Rams sign Britt, hope he returns to form

• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/rams...cle_6e1eb6f4-2ef2-54e8-a864-a6b692cc6234.html

In agreeing to terms with wide receiver Kenny Britt, the Rams are hoping Britt can return to the form he showed in his two seasons with Jeff Fisher in Tennessee.

As a first-round pick by the Titans in 2009, No. 30 overall, Britt caught 42 passes for 701 yards and three touchdowns as a rookie. He was even better in 2010, with 42 catches for 775 yards and nine touchdowns. A big body at 6-3, 223 pounds with 4.47 speed in the 40, Britt displayed a knack for catching the ball in traffic.

He’d race downfield and Titans quarterbacks would simply throw it deep and say: “Go get it.” It worked well enough that Britt was among the NFL leaders in yards per catch in both of those seasons, averaging 16.7 yards a catch (eighth best in the league) in 2009 and 18.5 yards a catch (seventh best) in 2010.

But after a season-ending knee injury in 2011, a season in which he played only three games, Britt’s numbers have plummeted. He caught only 11 passes last season and was targeted only 33 times. After a while, it became clear that the Titans had given up on him, placing him on the pregame inactive list in three of the final four games of 2013.

“I am going to be a No. 1 receiver somewhere else if I am not here next year — and that’s guaranteed,” Britt told the (Nashville) Tennessean at the end of the season. “I am definitely going to be a receiver that makes plays on Sundays and makes something happen for a team.”

That team turns out to be St. Louis. After a free-agent tour that included Buffalo, New England and Washington, Britt agreed to a one-year, $1.4 million deal with the Rams.

An aggressive incentive package that includes catches, yards, and playoffs could basically double that total. It’s a low-risk contract for the Rams but gives Britt the chance to re-energize his career — he’s only 25 — with the coach who brought him into the league.

Britt, however, doesn’t come without risk, with multiple issues with the law over the course of his NFL career. Among them, in April 2011, he was arrested in New Jersey (he’s from Bayonne) following a car chase with police. He was cited for careless driving and fined.

In June 2012, he was cited for resisting arrest in Hoboken, N.J.

And in January 2013, he was questioned (but not implicated) when a close personal friend was involved in a stabbing.

He was suspended for the first game of the 2012 season after an arrest that summer for suspicion of DUI.

Those who know Britt said he was very immature and made bad decisions but has grown up and was never a troublemaker on the field as a Titan.

Britt’s knee issues are another concern. He underwent surgery for a torn anterior cruciate ligament and torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee in 2011. He underwent subsequent surgery on that same knee and also had surgery on his left knee.

He had a bounce-back year in 2012, with a career-high 45 catches, but his yards-per-catch average dropped to 13.1. And then came last season when Britt started slowly and fell out of a favor with the Titans’ coaching staff. According to Pro Football Focus, Britt had seven drops in those 33 targets last season.

On several occasions over the last year or so, Rams officials — including general manager Les Snead — have said bringing in a veteran receiver had to be the right fit. Otherwise it would only take away playing time and impede the development of the team’s young receiver corps.

For every practice rep or snap in a game that Britt takes, there will be one less for someone in a receiving corps that currently includes Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey, Chris Givens, Austin Pettis and Brian Quick.

Britt’s body type most resembles Quick, so it could be Quick who suffers most in terms of playing time.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I have my reservations. Between Britt's injuries, personality questions and Fisher bringing in yet another FOJF it isn't my best case scenario. I'll root for him to regain his form, stay healthy and mature but that may be asking way too much.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Probably had the same offer from other teams and signed here because he trusts JF.

BTW we were NEVER GOING to draft Watkins ,this is a result of that not the other way around.

jjab360

Legend
Probably had the same offer from other teams and signed here because he trusts JF.

BTW we were NEVER GOING to draft Watkins ,this is a result of that not the other way around.
Good point, the Rams signed Britt because they never planned on drafting Watkins and not the Rams didn't draft Watkins because they signed Britt. Big difference.

iced

guess Carrington signing means Aaron Donald is out of the picture now, so is Robinson since we resigned Saffold. We signed Shaun Hill, no more drafting a qb now!

We signed Kenny Britt - not Desean jackson

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
please. 000.000% chance they even look at Watkins because of this piece of garbage who happens to be a FOJF. Bad, BAD signing on many levels.
Nice! You have finally quit living in lala land and your at the realization as the rest of us we aren't taking a WR in the first round my friend!!
We are taking a OT Matthews/Robinson ( I bet Matthews) and CB Dennard brah... get on board!!