Rams sign Kenny Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
I guess I'm going to have to make more bets that I'll forget.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What Titans fans are saying about Kenny Britt to the Rams...

1 year 1.4 mill. 2.9 mill max. fisher hasn't changed.

Of course. I bet CJ is next.

Epic fail

Who didn't see that coming? Well, I ~AM~a little surprised. But not much. Surprised they're giving him that much.

When will the hammy go.....week eight?

LOL @ Jeff.

Oman will predictably praise this signing and then run for the hills, from many of us, when Britt bombs out and can't even outperform Givens.

1.4 Mil is chump change. Stop being an idiot. Fisher can't lose on this one.

Fisher doesnt need Britt to keep losing. He has Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh to assist him on that.

It's a good signing, low cost high reward potential.

If , BIG If , he gets his head out of his butt, and makes foot ball his #1 priority he might make a turn around..2 mill deal ..he sucks gets cut again ....its up to britt

$1.4 mil? Nothing to criticize about this one.

I'm going to lol when Britt blows his knee out on the rough ass turf in St. Louis in about week 8.

Kenny Britt promises to resurface

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Seems pretty simple to me. Worst case he is terrible and we're out $550K. Chump change. If he regains former form, he is an upgrade over Pettis.
You let them all battle it out in camp and preseason. May the best WR's win.

RamsFan14

Starter
I'd be really glad if we payed him his max 2.9 mill deal, means we as a team probably did something right!

Good signing imo, this deal cannot hurt us. Having Britt will probably put pressure on the younger guys, which I consider to be a good thing considering it's competition for playing time. NFL has it's pressuring situations, gotta be able to handle them.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is a smart deal for the Rams. They can cut him before the season starts and owe him essentially ZERO so they have lots of time to kick the tires and see what is going on with him.

This is like you or I buying a chick ONE drink with the possibility of an entire weekend of sex or not. It's not a big risk.

OK, for those of you unfamiliar with that kind of analogy, like for instance PHX, Thor and 503......I'm saying this is a pretty good bet for the Rams. :whistle:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

britt blew up at the end of the 2010 season. In 2011 his first two games went for 136 yards and 2 tds, 135 yards and 1 td. Then he tore his acl the next week. 2011 and 2012 were lost to that injury. 2013 was a year to forget but the team and britt had given up on each other. Fisher believes he can bring out the britt pre injury.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Other than potentially being a bad clubhouse guy this is a high reward low risk signing.
Milestone
1000 posts
100 likes
PHX: shouldn't I get a cash bump or something?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
And Seahawk fans continue to say "Bradford is still the QB."

I'm going to enjoy this very much, fellas. :D

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
less than that. Think it's $11. Thats what it seemed when I just posted.
FML!! HOW MUCH POSTS IS IT NOW TO 10K? I BET ON US TAKING JAKE MATTHEWS FOR THE FIRST BET! HOPE I WIN LMAO

tbux

Rookie
this move has many positives- and don't discount the fact we want to trade down- and if we trade down- you have to think Watkins may be the target and this move is the ultimate misdirection. We got jumped before- so that has to be in their minds. They could be in love with Watkins, but also want the trade down badly- and get both! this move helps with that theory. I could be off, but with our D already good, and a safety and depth from being even better, throw in Williams, and all of a sudden this D could be special- have to think offense is the main focus in the draft- Watkins or OT with the top pick- I don't see any other choice. esp if we trade down- which I would bet heavily on.

RFIP

And lose Sammy Watkins. What a monumental blunder. And I thought the Cook/Finn signings were bad.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is a smart deal for the Rams. They can cut him before the season starts and owe him essentially ZERO so they have lots of time to kick the tires and see what is going on with him.

This is like you or I buying a chick ONE drink with the possibility of an entire weekend of sex or not. It's not a big risk.

OK, for those of you unfamiliar with that kind of analogy, like for instance PHX, Thor and 503......I'm saying this is a pretty good bet for the Rams. :whistle:

With the chicks you try to hit I have no doubt that's a good bet. That way you only have to buy a dozen or so drinks in a night before you take Rosey home. BTW - do you have to roofie your hand too?

But I gotta admit. I am a little confused now. The chicks usually buy ME the drinks (note that is plural) in exchange for my giving them the opportunity to vie for my services. I had no idea that I was supposed to buy them one. Seems like a bad precedent to start.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

PhxRam

The only reason I am not familiar with it is because I dont buy chicks drinks. They buy ME drinks if they want to get laid.

RamBill

Legend
Kenny Britt, Rams agree to 1-year contract
Jim Wyatt, USA TODAY

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...is-rams-tennessee-titans-jeff-fisher/7139919/

Former Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt has a new home, with his former boss.

The sixth-year pro agreed to a one-year deal with the Rams on Monday. It reunited him with Jeff Fisher, who was coach of the Titans in 2009 when they spent a first-round pick on Britt.

Britt's one-year contract is worth $1.4 million, but he could earn up to $2.9 million in incentives, according to a person familiar with the situation. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the deal had not yet been announced.

Britt had a frustrating five seasons with the Titans, as injuries and off-field issues kept him from reaching his potential. He lost his place in the starting lineup last season, played in only 12 games and finished with 11 receptions for 96 yards.

Britt became a free agent on March 11. The Titans had no interest in re-signing him, but he drew interest from several teams. He visited the Rams, Bills, Redskins and Patriots, then spent a week weighing his options.

Dropped passes plagued Britt last season. According to Pro Football Focus, he was targeted 33 times and had seven drops for a drop rate of 21.2 percent.

At the end of the season, Britt said he felt he was the victim of a double standard with the Titans, that he was punished more harshly for dropping catchable passes than other receivers.

"If you go back and see film, and look at how they treated me and everyone else throughout the year and at the beginning of the year – the first two games — I could say that," he said. "But it's something I really don't want to speak out there to the world because it doesn't really matter to me anymore. Right now, I'm just focusing on me and what I need to do next year."

In five seasons with the Titans, Britt had 157 receptions for 2,450 yards and 15 touchdowns.

He appeared on the verge of breaking out in 2011 before a torn ACL and MCL ended his season, and he's had several surgeries on his knees in the years since. He also was part of more than a half-dozen incidents involving police in Nashville and his native New Jersey.

At the end of last season, Britt told The Tennessean he was determined to resurrect his career.

"I am going to be a No. 1 receiver somewhere else if I am not here next year, and that is guaranteed," Britt said. "I am definitely going to be a receiver that makes plays on Sundays and makes something happen for a team."

The Rams have a talented receiving corps that includes Tavon Austin, Chris Givens and Austin Pettis, as well as former Titans tight end Jared Cook.

The Titans are left with wideouts Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Michael Preston and Marc Mariani. Damian Williams, who spent his first four seasons with the Titans, is a free agent.