Rams sign Kenny Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
No CLowney, you wait and see! I'm so confident I I'd bet my 1970 Gremlin on that!

Any takers?

I'll bet you 10k rod cash that if we stay at #2 we are taking Clowney over Matthews/Robinson!!!!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
As to the Britt signing, meh, not a bad signing but not going to set the world on fire. Still a better signing than Sims Welker though.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And that's one of the better seasons of his career. Though I suppose one could argue having Locker as a QB wasn't all that helpful either.
So with a scrub QB for 2/3s of a year and still that kind of production I would not call that underachieving especially on a team that completed 15 passes a game over those 9 games.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
You and i agree on alot...but not here.
This is just a flyer FA deal much like G.Reid. IMO this doesn't change anything.

Britt has WR1 talent and expects to start. If he's healthy he will start. If they pick Watkins then he has to start. And they love Bailey, he's got to get more time. And Fisher expects a big step up for Tavon.

That's 4 WRs. No one else will get many snaps. Givens, Quick, and Pettis would be sitting a lot if they picked Watkins. Don't see them giving up on all 3 of those guys. Sure, Pettis is probably getting pushed out, but not the other 2 guys.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Uh, so in 2011 on his Facebook wall Kenny Britt posted: "Retiring from the NFL. F*** You Goddell." So there is that. (n)

PhxRam

Britt has WR1 talent and expects to start. If he's healthy he will start. If they pick Watkins then he has to start. And they love Bailey, he's got to get more time. And Fisher expects a big step up for Tavon.

That's 4 WRs. No one else will get many snaps. Givens, Quick, and Pettis would be sitting a lot if they picked Watkins. Don't see them giving up on all 3 of those guys. Sure, Pettis is probably getting pushed out, but not the other 2 guys.

Yeah I just dont see it happening.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I'll bet you 10k rod cash that if we stay at #2 we are taking Clowney over Matthews/Robinson!!!!
OK BROTHER BET ON YOU BASTARDO!! LOL CAN'T WAIT TO BUY A TITLE WITH YOUR MONEY! PLEASE START POSTING ALOT MORE SO YOU CAN BUILD UP THAT 10K... THE COUNTER TO THE DRAFT IS ON THE FRONT PAGE MIYAGI!
Dude I would so rock that car..
RIGHT? HAHA ANYTIME I TAKE IT DOWN THE BEACH I HAVE ALL KINDS OF TAIL WANTING TO RIDE IN IT :mustache:

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm good with this signing. Britt has motivation. If he washes out with us, his career is pretty much over. The low guaranteed jack insulates the team if it goes wrong. Possible low risk/high reward deal for both parties. I say we let it play out and see where it lands.

PhxRam

I'm good with this signing. Britt has motivation. If he washes out with us, his career is pretty much over. The low guaranteed jack insulates the team if it goes wrong. Possible low risk/high reward deal for both parties. I say we let it play out and see where it lands.

The only issue I see is this..

Lets say for arguments sake he has a break out year in 2014. Absolutely tears it up.

Then what?

2015 rolls around and we cant afford him and are in the same boat again going into the 2015 draft.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The ONLY thing i don't really like here is the obvious continuing trend of Fisher to bring in "his guys" in FA. There are some advantages like having vets that know the system and helping to shape the locker room, but at some point i think becomes a little lazy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I see your point but if those four guys are better than the other three guys so be it. Make a trade or cut your losses.

PhxRam

The ONLY thing i don't really like here is the obvious continuing trend of Fisher to bring in "his guys" in FA. There are some advantages like having vets that know the system and helping to shape the locker room, but at some point i think becomes a little lazy.

And it is not like we are getting any discount either (minus Britt)

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame

Lets say for arguments sake he has a break out year in 2014. Absolutely tears it up.

Then what?

2015 rolls around and we cant afford him and are in the same boat again going into the 2015 draft.
We will be just fine in 2015 cap wise. The cap is set to go up even more and we have the option on Quinn. And if he "lights it up" THAT much this season .... well ... that's a GOOD problem to have, no? ;)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

I am not opposed to this at all, man. Who the heck could effectively pass block Quinn, Long, Clowney, and Carrigan on a 3rd and 7 WITHOUT leaving a couple extra guys to chip? That's only rushing 4....

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I see your point but if those four guys are better than the other three guys so be it. Make a trade or cut your losses.
That would be fine if we were loaded in a lot of areas. But we certainly aren't.

We need help in several areas. And I really believe Fisher wants a dominant defense and plans to use this draft to that effect.

Snead and Fisher want a trade down and Watkins won't be where the Rams end up.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Then what?

Well, when you have the most recent Vince Lombardi in your trophy case, it tends to drive up the cost of resigning players. It's just part of it... ;)

Smartly, Demoff has put us in a position to keep our core players in tact.