Rams sign Kenny Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I trust Fisher, Fisher did get the most out of him. This isn't another Cook scenario where the guy is completely underachieving, Britt is a pretty damn good receiver when he wants to be and very reliable, something Bradford needs since we've parted ways with Amendola. Not a bad signing, if he doesn't work out, meh, if he does we got ourselves a good receiver who has incentive to come back.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Just not at all excited about it.
I do like having a veteran presence on the wr squad. Not the type of leader I was hoping for though.
Britt and Pead might become bff's

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
You and i agree on alot...but not here.
This is just a flyer FA deal much like G.Reid. IMO this doesn't change anything.
This just tells us we aren't going to be taking a WR within the 1st round this year. It also tells us Fisher is comfortable with who we have and we are going to be going OT with Matthews or Robinsion with our first pick... Bank on it! The signs are there time to read them brah!

RamBill

Legend
Kenny Britt, St. Louis Rams strike one-year contract

By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ith-st-louis-rams?campaign=Twitter_atl_hanzus

Kenny Britt has found a new home.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the wide receiver has agreed to a one-year, $1.4 million deal with the St. Louis Rams, according to a source involved in the deal. The contract has a maximum value of $2.9 million if all incentives are met.

ESPN's Adam Schefter and ProFootballTalk first reported the agreement.

Word of the deal comes a week after Rams general manager Les Snead told ProFootballTalk the Rams' chances of landing Britt were "better than 50 percent."

Britt had also visited with the Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots and Washington Redskins. Britt's surgically repaired knees have already passed a Rams physical, per NFL Media's Albert Breer.

Britt represents one of the great curiosities of free agency. The wide receiver showed flashes of All-Pro ability in 2010 and 2011 with the Tennessee Titans, but knee problems and off-the-field issues have taken center stage in recent years.

Britt's modest deal with the Rams represents that uncertainty, but also gives him an opportunity to rebuild his brand in a new setting. The Rams have a crowded depth chart at wideout, with Chris Givens, Tavon Austin, Brian Quick, Austin Pettis and Stedman Bailey all in the mix. Britt and Quick are most likely to be competing for a role this summer.

Consider this a low risk/high upside signing for the Rams. Britt was a disappointment for the Titans, but is just 25 years old and blessed with undeniable ability. If he knees hold up and his head is screwed on straight, he could represent an offseason steal for Snead.

PhxRam

This just tells us we aren't going to be taking a WR within the 1st round this year. It also tells us Fisher is comfortable with who we have and we are going to be going OT with Matthews or Robinsion with our first pick... Bank on it! The signs are there time to read them brah!

or Clowney

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Lol i don't have a dog in the Watkins camp. I'd prefer Robinson,Matthews and Clowney over the WR...but i'm just a guy on a Rams board :D.
If the Rams have a chance to draft Watkins and they love him, this Britt signing won't stop them. Hell, our DLine is one of the best in the league and we signed A.Carrington...do you think that'll stop us from drafting Clowney? I don't.

Alan

Legend
If nothing else, this is the third possible steal Snisher has picked up this off season and it's going to make TC even more interesting. Not to mention our conversations here at the ROD. :cheers:

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If nothing else, this is the third possible steal Snisher has picked up this off season and it's going to make TC even more interesting. Not to mention our conversations here at the ROD. :cheers:

Thaaaankk buddha!

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
tumblr_inline_mz49ad6LeR1qfs8rq.gif

this reminds of our Steve Smith signing.. boo

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I trust Fisher, Fisher did get the most out of him. This isn't another Cook scenario where the guy is completely underachieving, Britt is a pretty damn good receiver when he wants to be and very reliable, something Bradford needs since we've parted ways with Amendola. Not a bad signing, if he doesn't work out, meh, if he does we got ourselves a good receiver who has incentive to come back.
7 catches 141 and 2 TDs in the first game of the year. Best production ever for a Ram TE.

51 receptions 671 yards 13.2 avg 5 TDs

9 games with KC as starting QB

RamBill

Legend
Rams agree to terms with WR Kenny Britt
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_6734da24-1347-5a62-b246-c7ef9682d5e7.html

The Rams have agreed to terms with free-agent wide receiver Kenny Britt, reuniting him with Jeff Fisher, his former coach with the Tennessee Titans, according to team sources.

Britt visited the Rams more than two weeks ago, but also made visits to Buffalo, New England and the Patriots during the free agency period. He will sign a one-year deal worth $1.4 million, but the contract is loaded with incentives that could roughly double the amount of the contract.

Britt had 701 and 775 receptions yards, respectively, in 2009 and 2010 _ his first two years in the league. He had 42 catches in both seasons _ his only seasons with Fisher in Tennessee. But Britt's production has dipped significantly since then. A knee injury and off-the-field issues have slowed Britt's career.

At 6-3, 223 pounds, Britt gives the Rams another big target. At 25, he should be reaching the prime of what so far has been an underachieving career.

Last edited:

RamBill

Legend
Titans lost interest in Kenny Britt
By Paul Kuharsky

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/122892/titans-lost-interest-in-kenny-britt

When the Titans drafted Kenny Britt 30th overall out of Rutgers in 2009, offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger was in love with the receiver’s physicality.

The ability to get off a jam at the line of scrimmage is difficult in the NFL, and if you can do that, Dinger said, a lot of things open up to an offense.

Now Britt will have a chance to do that for the guy Heimerdinger was coordinator for, Jeff Fisher. Britt struck a one-year deal with the St. Louis Rams.

At his peak, Britt did great work beating press coverage and beating people down field. He beat Arizona when he leaped and pulled in a last-play 10-yard touchdown in the 11th game of his career. He had a brilliant game his second season with seven catches for 225 yards and three touchdowns against Philadelphia.

He opened his third year with big back-to-back games for 136 yards and two touchdowns at Jacksonville and 135 more and a touchdown against Baltimore.

But a week later, he tore the ACL and MCL in his right knee against Denver. In 26 games over two seasons after his return in 2012, he went for 143 yards once and his second biggest receiving total was 67 yards.

Last year, after a solid camp where he looked poised to break out as he headed toward free agency, he wound up in the doghouse of Mike Munchak and Dowell Loggains over early drops and penalties.

Munchak and Loggains were fired after the season. Ken Whisenhunt hired John McNulty as his quarterbacks coach. McNulty coached Britt at Rutgers, but even with a likely ally on the Titans staff, Tennessee showed zero interesting in bringing Britt back.

He caused the team a lot of headaches with a bunch of off-the-field stuff. While he claimed to be an innocent victim, often targeted by police, he was simply around trouble too much.

He was unhappy with a coaching staff that was unhappy with him, and while he didn’t cause a stir, he didn’t set a great example either. Playing great or getting benched, he was typically laughing and seemed to be having fun.

While that’s probably preferable to moping, it didn’t cast him in a good light to much of the Titans fan base when it was paired with Sunday struggles.

I don’t know that Titans brass particularly cared about that part of his demeanor.

The Titans have spent two of their last four highest drat picks on receivers, with Kendall Wright in the first round in 2012 and Justin Hunter in the second round in 2013.

The arrival of those guys made it pretty clear Britt wasn’t a long-term Titan.

His poor final season absolutely ensured it.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
7 catches 141 and 2 TDs in the first game of the year. Best production ever for a Ram TE.

51 receptions 671 yards 13.2 avg 5 TDs

9 games with KC as starting QB
And that's one of the better seasons of his career. Though I suppose one could argue having Locker as a QB wasn't all that helpful either.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Bye-Bye Watkins... no way it's happening.

Britt is getting a bigger contract than I anticipated. Rams must see something I overlooked. He played well under Fisher and I hope to see that trend continue.

Britt IS a true number 1 receiver, but he's got a lot to prove.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
or Clowney

Lol i don't have a dog in the Watkins camp. I'd prefer Robinson,Matthews and Clowney over the WR...but i'm just a guy on a Rams board :D.
If the Rams have a chance to draft Watkins and they love him, this Britt signing won't stop them. Hell, our DLine is one of the best in the league and we signed A.Carrington...do you think that'll stop us from drafting Clowney? I don't.

No CLowney, you wait and see! I'm so confident I I'd bet my 1970 Gremlin on that!

Any takers?