Rams sign Kamren Curl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Curl is a hitter, and a quality open-field tackler.
With no INTs in 3 seasons, I hope so. Maybe I need to look some more. I see the open field tackling though it looks like he ends up around the ankles quite a bit. But the hits where the opponents go backwards seem few and far between from what I have seen so far.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
With no INTs in 3 seasons, I hope so. Maybe I need to look some more. I see the open field tackling though it looks like he ends up around the ankles quite a bit. But the hits where the opponents go backwards seem few and far between from what I have seen so far.
I have to respectfully disagree on his tackling.

Living in NYC, I get to see Washington (against the Giants) a couple more times per-year than a national audience. I think Curl is an aggressive and sure tackler; and while he goes low, it's more at the waist/thigh-level which is clean; and necessary at 200 lbs.

From a tackling stand-point, I don't think the Rams had anything close to him at safety in 2023.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Man what more do you want from a safety? no INT's? we're a long way from the days of that former KC star who got some INT's but stood there watching others make tackles. The fact he's hitting ANYBODY is refreshing. I'd rather have the tackler at safety & let the CB's get the INT's.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Man what more do you want from a safety? no INT's? we're a long way from the days of that former KC star who got some INT's but stood there watching others make tackles. The fact he's hitting ANYBODY is refreshing. I'd rather have the tackler at safety & let the CB's get the INT's.
What's wrong with wanting both? There are safeties that do both you know.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
What's wrong with wanting both? There are safeties that do both you know.
Good point.
Hoping Darius gets us the INT's -- was thinking we just signed somebody who gets them, thought it might've been Kam...
Man looking like we're gonna field a team full of F/A starters soon.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I like it pretty good sized S that doesn't give up on a play and "usually" is an arm tackler but will throw his body around ala CB style.
The next generation of the Rams D is here, young, engaged, smart and feisty. Lets Go!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don't know that he's a big upgrade from Fuller.. what I do know is that he hasn't missed nearly as many games to injury.
He looks like a different kind of player, though.. I like what I've seen.

Ram65

Legend
I've watched this guy all the time. He will fit in great with the Rams.

OK, I didn't know anything about Curl before this thread. One thing I do know is the Rams need better tacklers and he looks to fit the bill. Looks like the Rams can move him around. Rams haven't been prioritizing the safety/hybrid player enough. Good signing.

dang

Legend
I don't know that he's a big upgrade from Fuller.. what I do know is that he hasn't missed nearly as many games to injury.
He looks like a different kind of player, though.. I like what I've seen.
I had high hopes for Burgess and Fuller when they came onboard. Fuller looked exposed in coverage last year. Not 100% sure it was all on him but the Rams had to do something about remediating the poor deep pass coverage and Kendricks penalties.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I had high hopes for Burgess and Fuller when they came onboard. Fuller looked exposed in coverage last year. Not 100% sure it was all on him but the Rams had to do something about remediating the poor deep pass coverage and Kendricks penalties.
Is Curl the guy for that? I see his best work near LOS? No picks in 3 years?
Not saying I don’t like the player.. I just don’t see him completely matching the needs you’re painting.
Is he good in coverage? Does he have ball skills?
They may still have work to do.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
So…if he’s all that, why did the WFT let him walk?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They had a ton of cap space and re-signed nobody. Hell they even traded Sweat who is exactly what any team would want in a young pass rusher.

It appears they just wanted to start over

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why did we let Roger Saffold, Von Miller or any of the other free agents that were still good go? It happens sometimes a team offers more than the players old club. Scheme changes happen. New coaches bring in players they know to help with a scheme change. A player leaving in free agency or via trade isn't usually a negative on the player.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It’s like @OldSchool said above. Sometimes you just can’t convince someone to stay.

Unfortunately, there are also times you can’t convince someone to leave. No matter how much you try.

You would not believe how hard we have tried to get @Loyal to try posting on other forums … or just find a hobby. Literally, anything other than being here.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
On a condition of signing him, a short clip was shown to Curl.

Sean to Curl: "This is what we like. Can you make it happen?"

Curl "Hells yeah!"

Sean to Les: "Let's sign him right the f&$% now!"

deebohit6.gif