Rams sign Kamren Curl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think so. The only reason I say that is because of an exchange between Jake and another poster.

I went-back to look it up.

A poster wrote this:
'props to you for sticking bro this potential big thing. You easily could have pivoted and said the big thing was the JJ (Jonah Jackson) acquisition and removed your head from the noose.'

Jake responded with this:
'With that said, this is a much much bigger name.'

Kamren Curl seems like a good addition but he is NOT a "much bigger name" than Jonah Jackson.
I saw one video where Jake said he thinks it’s Hunter. So his source never gave him a name, and likely heard that the Rams were going after Hunter. He likely heard that before free agency and before Hunter said how much he wanted.

I think they passed on their big plan.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Well, I guess Jack was right yesterday when he said the Rams would be making another big signing.
nope he loves the Curl signing but Jake said this came as a surprise. The "secret signing" is still coming. On a scale of 1 to 10 he says it could arguably be a 10 but some may say 8, a few may say 5.

BTW I was watching his overnight upload and some guy paid him $100 in chat. :wow2:

Psycho_X

Legend
I love this signing. This is a "Fuck the Whiners" signing if I've ever seen one. They went and got someone who can open field tackle in the backfield finally. They will have him hunting Deebo and McCaffrey all game long. I actually wish this was for more than 2 years but the price is good so can't complain.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I saw one video where Jake said he thinks it’s Hunter. So his source never gave him a name, and likely heard that the Rams were going after Hunter. He likely heard that before free agency and before Hunter said how much he wanted.

That doesn't make sense and Jake doesn't get a pass there because Jake's comment about 'the big thing' was a "much bigger name" (than Jonah Jackson) came AFTER Danielle Hunter signed with Houston.

Jake Ellenbogen is taking a big swing here.
I hope he is right (maybe Hasson Reddick?). If so, I will be in-line to congratulate him, and give him credit.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That doesn't make sense and Jake doesn't get a pass there because Jake's comment about 'the big thing' was a "much bigger name" (than Jonah Jackson) came AFTER Danielle Hunter signed with Houston.

I hope he is right (maybe Hasson Reddick?). If so, I will be in-line to congratulate him, and give him credit.
New York guys always stick together!

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
A lot of you are saying that this signing relieves us from grabbing a safety early in the draft.

Not so fast. From what I've gathered Mr. Curl is more of a strong safety.
I maintain (and have for awhile now) that for our defense to leap to the next level we need to acquire a Free Safety.

We need a guy to cover ground and play center field like a proverbial Willie Mays.

If such a guy like that is available we need to seriously consider taking him.

I don't think that the signing of Kamren Curl moves the envelope enough to change anything...

~ArkyRamsFan~

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
A lot of you are saying that this signing relieves us from grabbing a safety early in the draft.

I maintain (and have for awhile now) that for our defense to leap to the next level we need to acquire a Free Safety.

We need a guy to cover ground and play center field like a proverbial Willie Mays.

I don't think that the signing of Kamren Curl moves the envelope enough to change anything...

~ArkyRamsFan~
Callen Bullock would be a nice addition. From what I have read he is considered to have great range. 3rd rd target possibly

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Curl is a big upgrade at Safety for us. Knows how to tackle and good anticipation. Should be one of the starters this season. Love the signing.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I noticed his name on the available FA list. That is the extent of my knowledge about him. But judging by reactions from people who know more about him it sure looks like a solid pickup. We need to have as strong run defense if we want to compete with the 49ers.

WestCoastRam

Legend

Jourdan said Rams never in on Hunter, Greenard, and one other. Said they were never in on top of market at edge and priority was Dotson and oline which prohibited that. Liked Van Ginkel at a price though.

WestCoastRam

Legend

~ArkyRamsFan~
FWIW, Rams haven't played strong and free safety in this defense. @JimY53 can expound on that I bet.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Rams staying true to form. Avoiding getting involved in the splash signings that tend to overpay. But getting good value with the next tier. Its clear offense is a priority. If they can manage a mid tier defense they should win plenty of games.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I’m not going to congratulate him. I’m also not going to harp on what he said. It’s pointless. He taking way too much criticism here because he trusted a source that may have come through for him in the past. Shit happens. He will learn from it and everybody moves on.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jourdan said Rams never in on Hunter, Greenard, and one other. Said they were never in on top of market at edge and priority was Dotson and oline which prohibited that. Liked Van Ginkel at a price though.
The video was a pre free agency video. But, it’s time to move on. Jake trusted his source and the guy was wrong, or the predicted deal never materialized. I don’t understand why people keep bringing it up.

Psycho_X

Legend

I personally wouldn't call Hasson Reddick a "much bigger name". He's an ok name and would be nice to have as a situational rusher but not exactly a BIG name. My expectations of a BIG name are pretty high so will see if that happens. Someone like Justin Jefferson or Josh Allen from Jags I'd consider much bigger names. So hopefully he wasn't embellishing. Either way, Snead rarely disappoints in the offseason.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I personally wouldn't call Hasson Reddick a "much bigger name". He's an ok name and would be nice to have as a situational rusher but not exactly a BIG name. My expectations of a BIG name are pretty high so will see if that happens. Someone like Justin Jefferson or Josh Allen from Jags I'd consider much bigger names. So hopefully he wasn't embellishing. Either way, Snead rarely disappoints in the offseason.
I def would call Reddick a big name, had a down year last year but top 5 pass rusher year before.

Don't think Jake specified that it was a news about a player pickup so the Donald restructure could have been what he was referring to though not sure why he couldn't have hinted at that a bit more.