Rams sign Kamren Curl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
To me.. with the versatility of Curl, and D Will.. I think getting a guy like Cooper DeJean who is as versatile as they come, it'd be our backend really fun.. people can play all around, can do disguises and different things with it.

And I think it's help out vacant pass rush.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Jeebus, lets hope his game speaks for him.... Ya know what I'm sayin.
I thought we signed this guy
1000003301.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
https://www.pff.com/news/why-kamren-curl-is-the-washington-Commodes-most-important-defensive-player

Good article on Curl. He can do it all according to PFF

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Th flex of our defensive backfield is gonna make disguising the back end coverages much easier… having 5 guys back there who can flex into any of those 5 roles will make presnap diagnosis very difficult

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
having 5 guys back there who can flex into any of those 5 roles will make presnap diagnosis very difficult
Rams don't presnap diagnose like most teams. Rotations come after the snap -- that's the Fangio way of doing it.

Versatility matters and how you position, especially with 3x1 sets but looks can be a little different in terms of CBs but show 2-deep shell on maybe 90% of plays

It's just how they do it ... guys in same spots, then after snap, make QB read --- the presnap read by QB is useless vs Fangio scheme---by design. They want him to have a difficult read after the snap

WestCoastRam

Legend
Rams don't presnap diagnose like most teams. Rotations come after the snap -- that's the Fangio way of doing it.

Versatility matters and how you position, especially with 3x1 sets but looks can be a little different in terms of CBs but show 2-deep shell on maybe 90% of plays

It's just how they do it ... guys in same spots, then after snap, make QB read --- the presnap read by QB is useless vs Fangio scheme---by design. They want him to have a difficult read after the snap
Jim, you have any thoughts on the D talent in this draft?

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Jim, you have any thoughts on the D talent in this draft?
No, I don't, I don't spend time looking at college film ... have enough on plate now.

But, I posted on possibilities ---just in general

As far as draft, edge seems like best place to spend 1st round pick but I think -- if reports are accurate -- the elite edges will go fast and may not be there at 19.

Would like to drop and get extra pick ... and then take BPA at CB, DT, WR --- just whoever... I think there is enough talent to get one of those three on the 2nd round as well and I guess if Chop or one of those guys drop.

I think Rams still need a good CB, not a slot ... we have guy who can play there ... would

But I don't think we need to panic on a DE/DT type ... because of the versatility of Turner, we can go a couple of ways there ...

But I know odds of getting a productive edge after round 2 are low and higher for other positions... chances better to get a good one.

I might even trade up if we can get a truly elite guy ... some of these guys turned in fast, fast 40 times...would love to get one of them even if it costs a high pick/