Rams Select Tyler Davis (NT/DT, Clemson) at #196 overall.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
It absolutely matters how many times you flip. Once per side on burgers unless you are TRYING to dry them out.
Once per side helps to char the outsides and seal the juices in the middle.

WestCoastRam

Legend
It absolutely matters how many times you flip. Once per side on burgers unless you are TRYING to dry them out.
Flipping a burger multiple times cooks the burger faster so you'll definitely overcook or dry it out if you have it on the grill for the same time you have a single flip. Should have mentioned that. But you can flip as much as you want, just changes the cook time. The rest is just vibes.

Don't worry so much about flipping. Use a meat thermometer. Or learn to feel how cooked the burger is by touch.

Smash burgers are a different beast though and if you want to grill one (not as good as on a griddle but still doable), let it grill on one side 90% done and then flip quickly for just a sear on the other side or it will dry out.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Some of you guys are going to make me get a cheese-burger tomorrow ... thank you guys.
That’s a good thing,but look back at RAMS HISTORY & think what a solid pick T.Davis can be ?

I will alway look back at that dude from Corn State & think about his in & out burgers hat.

A draft pick is a draft is a draft pick

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
That’s a good thing, but look back at RAMS HISTORY & think what a solid pick T. Davis can be ?

I will always look back at that dude from Corn State & think about his in & out burgers hat.

You are a Fucking Treasure ... no blue font because I mean it

To my fellow ROD posters ...
Consider the simple brilliance of So Ram's above three line reply to my silly throw-away burger post.
The final line is my favorite, and may be on my tombstone some day.

At one time, all football fans have simply thought ... "A draft pick is a draft pick." Not a big deal.
But how many fans have thought ... "A draft pick ... is a draft ... is a draft pick" ... that's beautiful man

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

NFC rookies picked after NFL Draft Day 1 who could earn key roles in 2024: Marshawn Lloyd among 16 sleepers​

Los Angeles Rams
DT Tyler Davis
Drafted: No. 196, sixth round

Impressive stat to know: Missed nine tackles on 2,034 snaps in his Clemson career

Yes, Braden Fiske is going to make noise next to Kobie Turner on the Rams defensive front. But he's not the only defensive tackle picked by GM Les Snead who will do so.

Davis was, in my estimation, one of the finest run-stuffing defensive tackles in this draft class, and he demonstrated pass-rush capabilities too at Clemson next to Orhorhoro. And I'll write this too -- if Orhorhoro was an early Round 2 pick the Falcons needed to move up for, then Davis belonged somewhere on Day 2 or, at the latest, early Day 3. Not Round 6.

Anyway, like Fiske and Turner, Davis will go 100 mph on every snap and has enough athletic talent to get across the line on outside runs. But he'll often engulf any run plays up the middle in his direction.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I’m also thinking between Fiske’s raw power and Davis, this may be the Rams’ long term answer to the tush push.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That’s a good thing,but look back at RAMS HISTORY & think what a solid pick T.Davis can be ?

I will alway look back at that dude from Corn State & think about his in & out burgers hat.

—Richie Incognito -there is a big difference in a lot of ways,but still they both seem like good hamburger characters.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

NFC rookies picked after NFL Draft Day 1 who could earn key roles in 2024: Marshawn Lloyd among 16 sleepers​

Los Angeles Rams
DT Tyler Davis
Drafted: No. 196, sixth round

Impressive stat to know: Missed nine tackles on 2,034 snaps in his Clemson career

Yes, Braden Fiske is going to make noise next to Kobie Turner on the Rams defensive front. But he's not the only defensive tackle picked by GM Les Snead who will do so.

Davis was, in my estimation, one of the finest run-stuffing defensive tackles in this draft class, and he demonstrated pass-rush capabilities too at Clemson next to Orhorhoro. And I'll write this too -- if Orhorhoro was an early Round 2 pick the Falcons needed to move up for, then Davis belonged somewhere on Day 2 or, at the latest, early Day 3. Not Round 6.

Anyway, like Fiske and Turner, Davis will go 100 mph on every snap and has enough athletic talent to get across the line on outside runs. But he'll often engulf any run plays up the middle in his direction.
I think Orhororo was taken much earlier than he should have been.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Flipping a burger multiple times cooks the burger faster so you'll definitely overcook or dry it out if you have it on the grill for the same time you have a single flip. Should have mentioned that. But you can flip as much as you want, just changes the cook time. The rest is just vibes.

Don't worry so much about flipping. Use a meat thermometer. Or learn to feel how cooked the burger is by touch.
Sorry but not true. I have been a professional cook/chef for most of my life and have won numerous competitions (including burgers). Because you have a meat that has been ground, you absolutely lose juice every flip rather than searing it in. A medium burger flipped several times will definitely be less juicy than a once flipped medium burger. It doesn't really matter to me how you want to cook a burger. Flip that dried out puck all you want.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Sorry but not true. I have been a professional cook/chef for most of my life and have won numerous competitions (including burgers). Because you have a meat that has been ground, you absolutely lose juice every flip rather than searing it in. A medium burger flipped several times will definitely be less juicy than a once flipped medium burger. It doesn't really matter to me how you want to cook a burger. Flip that dried out puck all you want.

Hey, I'm sure your burgers taste great. I'm sure this is true too.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey, I'm sure your burgers taste great. I'm sure this is true too.

OK. So I'll go there as we've already run this thread off the rails. And that it's a fun topic at a time when not much else is going on and it's burger flipping season.

I'll chalk this up to the ole "you can find anything on the internet" saying and possibly the age old adage about stats.

Kenji is a well known chef and knows the science.

However I've done the same testing. I did it because I like to win competitions.

We came up with very different results. Now mind you, I almost never cook burgers in a pan or on a griddle unless I'm doing smash burgers. Most competitions tend to work with more than just burgers. So most of it is done on a BBQ.

I've never tested it on a solid surface. It does make sense that on a griddle or in a pan, there is nowhere for the juices (aside from water) to go. So it probably matters far less than if you are running them on a grill, or a BBQ (open flame). You will retain more fats on a flat surface.

You'll find that there is equal debate as to which has better flavor between a griddle and a broiler. I like a good greasy burger quite a lot. But I enjoy a broiled or BBQ'D burger flavor better. By flipping once, you lose less fats and "juice" than if you would if you flip a bunch. You'll also generally have less flare ups as the grease doesn't end up in the flames.

I would never do a smash burger over an open flame as they would no doubt become burned up burger pieces.

So my take would probably be that if you're cooking on a solid surface, probably not much difference. If you're bbqing a bunch of burgers, I would highly recommend the one flip method.

Next up... to quarter turn or not to quarter turn. :evil: