Rams Select Tyler Davis (NT/DT, Clemson) at #196 overall.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Not trying to change the topic but please pass along any secrets to grilling a better burger. #myburgerssuck
Dont smash the burgers on the grill flip once and let em cook. I like to get the grill fairly hot 425-450....

WestCoastRam

Legend
Not trying to change the topic but please pass along any secrets to grilling a better burger. #myburgerssuck
Don't use anything less than 20% fat, pat meat in burgers together just enough to form the patty, no more, shouldn't be dense. Don't use preformed patties. If thicker, make small indent with thumb. Don't season till right before put on grill and only outside of burger. You're prob not salting enough. Doesn't matter how many times you flip but if loosely packed, prob don't flip too much. Have two zones on grill, one hot one not so can remove burger from hot if need to slow down cooking. Have burger on non hot zone when you throw cheese on it so don't over cook it. Don't be afraid to use a meat thermometer (if fact, use one) to get the right temp that you want.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
How I do it (not right for everyone):

1. I use either salt and pepper or hamburger seasoning and pepper on both sides.
2. Preheat grill to 325.
3. Heat a 1/4 to 1/3 lb fresh patty for almost 2 minutes,
4. Turn 180 and heat a little less than 2 minutes
5. Flip it and continue to heat again for under 2 minutes.
6. At this point I check for consistency. I prefer medium rare. If you grab the flesh between your thumb and index finger, that is the consistency for a medium rare burger. The burger should be approaching that by now. If not reduce or increase time on #7.
7. Turn 180, add cheese on top if you prefer it, and cook to desired doneness (usually a little over a minute for medium rare).
8. I also add buns for toasting immediately after adding cheeses for those that like it.

I also add grilled onions, mushrooms, and garlic, with a thick slice of tomato and chiles (preferably hatch) with a small dab of bbq sauce.

WestCoastRam

Legend
You can also approximate a smash burger, obvi you'll smash them first. And when you grill them, only flip once, you'll mostly just grill them on one side and flip for a minute at most on the other. Otherwise they'll over cook but the grill on one side will get that nice crisping on the surface area you're looking for with a flatter patty.

Basically, just do anything Kenji Alt-Lopez tells you* (but add whatever condiments you like, he's mayo guy.)

*This basically goes for any recipe.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I greatly appreciate all the tips. Thank you!! Can't wait to try some of these ideas.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Start with a good, hot grill. Cook burgers 2-3 minutes on EACH side to sear them and seal in the juices (I hate dry food). Reduce heat and continue cooking to desired doneness. Season just before cooking with your favorite seasonings.
I once grilled a turkey burger for my wife that was so juicy it exploded juice all over her face and chest when she bit into it. Never seen that shit before or since.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
...Back to the subject. The more I hear about Davis, the more I like the possible rotation on the D line. What a job retooling the entire line on the fly.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bump... I grilled some burgers the other day. Bought some 80% burger, made sure I seasoned them properly and cooked over high heat and they were my best burgers ever! Appreciate all the tips you guys gave me. ROD rocks!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm thinkin Tyler Davis can put some burgers away. :laugh3:

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Bump... I grilled some burgers the other day. Bought some 80% burger, made sure I seasoned them properly and cooked over high heat and they were my best burgers ever! Appreciate all the tips you guys gave me. ROD rocks!
Awesome job! Sounds like you got a good char on them. Here’s how the wife’s hamburger looked this weekend:

IMG_2872.jpeg

Although she opted for no bun and raw over sautéed onions. I suppose I can forgive the infidel.