Rams select Mike Thomas WR with #206 Overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
What is Warner determined about in that gif? Last game of his career getting blown out (not blaming) and had previously received a concussion in that game.

If he's determining anything, it's his future health and career.

Definitely not a good example of him, or anyome, being "determined".

RamzFanz

Damnit
What is Warner determined about in that gif? Last game of his career getting blown out (not blaming) and had previously received a concussion in that game.

If he's determining anything, it's his future health and career.

Definitely not a good example of him, or anyome, being "determined".

Doesn't matter what it is.

Have you EVER seen him look scared?

Nope. Determined, pissed, or happy. That's Warner.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Read my next post. All of this is stupid.

Sorry, I had no idea people would blow their panties out when I observed the obvious. Any honest person would note the difference between their personas. One was confident, one was not. I know the difference. I absolutely know the difference. Perhaps you do not and can learn from what I'm saying.

It's not a slam on Goff, he may have just been out of his element, but I would have prefered, and completely expected, that he look confident. If you can't look confident as the #1 NFL draft prospect, when can you?

OK, let's just say, he looked concerned. Deeply concerned. That's a shit load of pressure.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Sorry, I had no idea people would blow their panties out when I observed the obvious. Any honest person would note the difference between their personas. One was confident, one was not. I know the difference. I absolutely know the difference. Perhaps you do not and can learn from what I'm saying.

It's not a slam on Goff, he may have just been out of his element, but I would have prefered, and completely expected, that he look confident. If you can't look confident as the #1 NFL draft prospect, when can you?
Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Doesn't matter what it is.

Have you EVER seen him look scared?

Nope. Determined, pissed, or happy. That's Warner.

So he has a range of three emotions?

And maybe I have seen moments like that and maybe I haven't. Not like I get to look at his face 24/7.

I mean, you're telling me Warner has never had a moment of fear?

Honestly thinking you're digging too deep or misinterpretin something that isn't there when you look at a couple of still frames, from a couple seconds of video, from an unsuspecting Goff in a green room moments away from the biggest event in his life up to that point.

I mean, it's not like the guy was told beforehand that a camera would be on him at that point in the night so the message "put on your best war face kid!" Probably wasn't conveyed.

It's not that big of a deal.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Without knowing what is being said behind closed doors, or inside someone's mind we have no idea how confident they are. Judging a book by it's cover and all that.

RamzFanz

Damnit
So he has a range of three emotions?

And maybe I have seen moments like that and maybe I haven't. Not like I get to look at his face 24/7.

I mean, you're telling me Warner has never had a moment of fear?

Honestly thinking you're digging too deep or misinterpretin something that isn't there when you look at a couple of still frames, from a couple seconds of video, from an unsuspecting Goff in a green room moments away from the biggest event in his life up to that point.

I mean, it's not like the guy was told beforehand that a camera would be on him at that point in the night so the message "put on your best war face kid!" Probably wasn't conveyed.

It's not that big of a deal.

Warner has felt fear, disappointment, and all of the other emotions, I'm sure.

Goff looked scared. Glassy eyed, darting eyes, not comfortable, scared. I've seen it 1,000 times. There is no shame, it's simply I prefer the I got this look of Warner. Even when warner was wrong.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Different personalities, does not mean he was scared.
-It's not a slam on Goff
-If you can't look confident as the #1 NFL draft prospect, when can you?
Ummm.....not a slam you say?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

Goff looked scared. Glassy eyed, darting eyes, not comfortable, scared. I've seen it 1,000 times. There is no shame, it's simply I prefer the I got this look of Warner. Even when warner was wrong.
That was warner as a vet during a game, the other is of goff at a draft and not even meeting any of his team mates yet. Kind of different areas.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
ahh, my bro's are at it again....I've been away too much

First
2555562.jpg

Looks scared.
I believe that's the guy from the Ohio State...but I'm guessing you knew this...

@jrry32
love all these predictions....except for Scooby....but the way you called some of these...I might even look at him a lil closer this pre-season.

Great draft....Snisher AGAIN proves their worth in talent evals....I saw a Waldman report on this guy...it's in here somewhere....So I was pumped when I saw we got him in the 6th round...Has me wondering, what's wrong with him? He really run a 4.4 on his pro day? Bud smoker? What? This guy has stats up the yazoo....JuCo really hurt his stock...But it's obvious he can play...Great pick.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Without knowing what is being said behind closed doors, or inside someone's mind we have no idea how confident they are. Judging a book by it's cover and all that.

This is false. Almost all emotions can be read on the face. This is scientific studied fact, not conjecture. We had silent films for decades that never mentioned emotions yet, if you watched one now, you would know their (dramatically exaggerated) emotions.

Do you not know when someone near you is happy, sad, scared, etc by facial expressions?

When it's the ninth inning and the game is on the line, just look at the pitcher, catcher and/or batter's eyes. You can tell if they are scared or not, if you're used to seeing it. Molina's are NEVER scared. Dude is ice cold. I know it when I see it. Goff may one day talk about it and you will see.

It doesn't mean he won't be great. It does mean he was more than likely scared in that circumstance. Your eyes are the window to your soul. That's not just some ancient BS.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame

You look scared. I've seen it a thousand times before! A guy makes up something...then can't accept the fact he was wrong then rants on and on and on trying to turn the masses in his favor ... Yep .. seen it thousands of times

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame

Looked scared, uncomfortable, anxious, nervous, nervously excited, whatever. In those few seconds he was on tv. When the camera wasn't showing him, he may have looked like the most confident man in the room. For all you know. It's a small sample in a large pool your drawing from. He looked completely fine in interviews. You're gathering a very definite opinion on a guy from a small look at him.

Wentz may have been shaking for all you know when not shown. After being passed up on, he could have been in disbelief, shock, he could have had his confidence shaken. Wouldn't know and wouldn't say that based on things I don't know.

I think you're being pretty unfair to the guy. You're acting like hes always looking like a lost pup. Like he never has that Warner "I got this look" you covet. Like he never has the look of a leader.

All this off a couple frames from a couple seconds of video seems a tad bit extreme.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Snisher AGAIN proves their worth in talent evals

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Snisher has a terrible record at offensive talent evals. Outside of Austin and Gurley, who have they drafted or FA hired that you are wowed by?

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

You ever see a coyote scared? This is a mount, but it's something like the following picture. They tense up, make their mouths into odd shapes, etc:

coyotemount.jpg

A coyote calm? Collected? At peace with his surroundings?

coyote-close.jpg

Goff has been in the limelight during his time at Cal. Wentz? Not so much-- at least, not to this scale. Appearances aren't always what they seem.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Looked scared, uncomfortable, anxious, nervous, nervously excited, whatever. In those few seconds he was on tv. When the camera wasn't showing him, he may have looked like the most confident man in the room. For all you know. It's a small sample in a large pool your drawing from. He looked completely fine in interviews. You're gathering a very definite opinion on a guy from a small look at him.

Wentz may have been shaking for all you know when not shown. After being passed up on, he could have been in disbelief, shock, he could have had his confidence shaken. Wouldn't know and wouldn't say that based on things I don't know.

I think you're being pretty unfair to the guy. You're acting like hes always looking like a lost pup. Like he never has that Warner "I got this look" you covet. Like he never has the look of a leader.

All this off a couple frames from a couple seconds of video seems a tad bit extreme.

And again, I'm just commenting on what they showed.

One looked scared.

One did not.

That's it.

As a person who has seen both in stressful situations, I prefer one over the other. I have drawn no conclusions for long term success and all conclusion being projected on me are completely fabricated. Preference: Confident.

Do I support Goff? I absolutely do.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
And again, I'm just commenting on what they showed.

One looked scared.

One did not.

That's it.

As a person who has seen both in stressful situations, I prefer one over the other. I have drawn no conclusions for long term success and all conclusion being projected on me are completely fabricated. Preference: Confident.

Do I support Goff? I absolutely do.
I disagree with your take on the scared thing, but know and am happy you are behind him.

RamzFanz

Damnit
You ever see a coyote scared? This is a mount, but it's something like the following picture. They tense up, make their mouths into odd shapes, etc:

coyotemount.jpg

A coyote calm? Collected? At peace with his surroundings?

coyote-close.jpg

Goff has been in the limelight during his time at Cal. Wentz? Not so much-- at least, not to this scale. Appearances aren't always what they seem.

Top picture is Goff, bottom is Wentz.

It doesn't mean Goff won't be good or Wentz will, I prefer confident.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Also, not like any successful QB has ever had poor body language or facial expressions. Not like the Mannings (especially Eli) have dumb looks on their faces or slump when things go wrong in a game. Not like Brady sat down, head down, hands clasped in disappointment in the middle of a superbowl. Or even Rodgers. Ever see that guy nervous or out of his zone? Kid was seen as a top prospect in a draft once, must have been glowing with confidence during that time in the green room, right?