Rams select Mike Thomas WR with #206 Overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I never for a second thought we could get Pharoh Cooper, Tyler Higbee, and Mike Thomas today. AMAZING day. AMAZING. And Hemingway is also a talented pass catcher. Rams killed it today. Only way they could have done better would have been by drafting Scooby Wright III.

Seriously starting to think you work in the Rams FO or have connection. Crazy how accurate you were

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never for a second thought we could get Pharoh Cooper, Tyler Higbee, and Mike Thomas today. AMAZING day. AMAZING. And Hemingway is also a talented pass catcher. Rams killed it today. Only way they could have done better would have been by drafting Scooby Wright III.
UDFA?

RamzFanz

Damnit
You forgot the "not." ;)

If their plan is to draft OLs in the late rounds and grab guys off the street/practice squads...might as well just cut Sam now so he can have a chance at a decent career. And we should draft Johnny Manziel. Why Manziel? Not because I think he's worth the #2 pick...but maybe with his running ability he performs a miracle.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I never for a second thought we could get Pharoh Cooper, Tyler Higbee, and Mike Thomas today. AMAZING day. AMAZING. And Hemingway is also a talented pass catcher. Rams killed it today.

So you're happy then right? Can't wait to read the mini camp reports. Can't wait for training camp. Can't wait, I just can't wait!! If somebody would have told me Fisher was going to draft 5 offensive players and 1 defender, I'd have laughed. Though for sure he was going to take a DT!!! But that's probably because there weren't any left. Seemed like everytime I scanned the rounds a DT was going off the board!!!

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2555562.jpg

Looks scared.
must be pizza in the distance.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
If their plan is to draft OLs in the late rounds and grab guys off the street/practice squads...might as well just cut Sam now so he can have a chance at a decent career. And we should draft Johnny Manziel. Why Manziel? Not because I think he's worth the #2 pick...but maybe with his running ability he performs a miracle.

You're certainly qualified to run the Browns front office, that I can tell you with your responses.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Damn just saw the numbers Thomas was a decent KR too.
This is what I'm thinking. Not sure if he can unseat Benny there though. Benny is a pretty decent returner on kickoffs. Great depth at that spot if Benny ends up getting more snaps though. Or if he is better... BONUS!

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Context clues suggest that what Jrry meant by that was with an offensive line built of late round picks and/or guys off the street, a running quarterback such as Manziel might be able to perform a "miracle."

Even states he didn't think Manziel was worth a 2nd overall pick.

C'mon, man.

Name
Chris
Love this pick, Goff will get his route running in shape. At Cal Goff and his receivers spent a crap ton of time throwing in the off season, 2 of those receivers were drafted, 1 has been signed as a free agent and I'm pretty confident two more will be signed also. Add in Chris Harper from last year and it's obvious he makes the receivers around him better.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Context clues suggest that what Jrry meant by that was with an offensive line built of late round picks and/or guys off the street, a running quarterback such as Manziel might be able to perform a "miracle."

Even states he didn't think Manziel was worth a 2nd overall pick.

C'mon, man.

Hey, I gotta work with what I've got.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/4/30/11545714/2016-nfl-draft-los-angeles-rams-michael-thomas-grade

2016 NFL Draft: Grading the Los Angeles Rams' Selection Of Michael Thomas
By Sean Wilkinson@Papa_Lurch on Apr 30, 2016

usa-today-8976023.0.jpg

Joshua Lindsey-USA TODAY Sports

With the 205th selection, the LA Rams picked Mike Thomas. Was double dipping again smart for the Rams?

Barring further trades, the Los Angeles wrapped up their 2016 NFL Draft by selecting Michael Thomas. No, not Michael Thomas of Ohio State.... his doppleganger from Southern Miss. Doubling up on their double dipping with receiving threats is likely a good strategy.

Grade: A

The grade is just as much about the player as it is about the ideology of this draft for the Rams. According to his NFL.com draft profile, Thomas is a high energy player who simply outworks his opponents. He's not the most athletic player on the field, but to be blunt, the Rams need a bit of that "hair on fire" attitude in the receiving corps.

Thomas' fit in 2016 is a bit muddy with the previous selection of South Carolina WR Pharoh Cooper and incumbents Tavon Austin, Brian Quick, and Kenny Britt. Look for Thomas to show some fight in camp and land as a special teamer/depth WR.