Rams Select KT Leveston (OT/OG, Kansas State) With 254th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Tackle/guard type. Pretty big, part of a solid run-blocking line.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
I’m glad that this year we have (finally) decided to reinforce both our lines.

I’m sure that KT will be a reliable backup; it’s up to him to play with a chip on his shoulder and prove that he’s worth more than that seventh round pick.

Welcome to the Rams.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Attachments

• 1714259613129.png
    1714259613129.png
    247.2 KB · Views: 35

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Tackle/guard type. Pretty big, part of a solid run-blocking line.

Thanks for the highlights Jemma. Just an absolute technician who understands leverage. Looks serviceable if we need depth. Very good pass blocking and understands the assignments to get to the next level.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Welcome to the Rams KT. :thumbsup1:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Want to give a shoutout to @Memphis Ram for his dedication. The help in making these threads is much appreciated, since I was struggling with the computer streams and other things, and he has a wide depth of knowledge in the prospects that's probably better than mine.

So a huge shoutout to all of y'all who paid attention to these prospects, but especially Memphis and @methomas50 for helping with the threads.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I liked the Limmer and Leveston additions because I thought interior-OL depth was an area to be addressed.

The Rams only clear candidate for back-up center was Mike McAllister, who has no regular season experience. The backup guards were Logan Bruss, Zach Thomas and Grant Miller. I have been hopeful that Bruss would develop but I think that ship may have sailed. Of those three, I probably prefer Thomas.

Could see both Limmer and Leveston on the final 53, should the Rams carry nine O-Linemen.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I liked the Limmer and Leveston additions because I thought interior-OL depth was an area to be addressed.

The Rams only clear candidate for back-up center was Mike McAllister, who has no regular season experience. The backup guards were Logan Bruss, Zach Thomas and Grant Miller. I have been hopeful that Bruss would develop but I think that ship may have sailed. Of those three, I probably prefer Thomas.

Could see both Limmer and Leveston on the final 53, should the Rams carry nine O-Linemen.
Bruss has looked terrible but at the same time nothing like the player they fell in love with so let’s hope he has now fully come back from the injury and finally has NFL level strength and conditioning. He needs a strong camp or he’s gone

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Bruss has looked terrible but at the same time nothing like the player they fell in love with so let’s hope he has now fully come back from the injury and finally has NFL level strength and conditioning. He needs a strong camp or he’s gone
No doubt Bruss has to show a lot to stick. I was not encouraged that they played him at RT last Summer.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I like a big guy with long arms who's played a lot of football.
I like his chances of being lineman #9 on the roster.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
No doubt Bruss has to show a lot to stick. I was not encouraged that they played him at RT last Summer.
Do we pin that pick on the last OL coach? I assume he pounded the table for him?

WestCoastRam

Legend
Bruss's issues were never really the injury. It was technique, strength (strength even prior to injury) and balance. Also, he's not even the type of OT/OG we draft anymore with our move to gap scheme.

This may be hyperbole but unless we need him for reps, I don't want him taking any from rookies in OTA's and camp. Lets just be done with him.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Do we pin that pick on the last OL coach? I assume he pounded the table for him?
Was it Carberry? He seems like he was outmatched as an NFL line coach... but also, he had one year with a historic rate of injuries.

Wonder how much coach and how much scouts, the area scout for Bruss jumped in the pool. That's a hard one to live down.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Was it Carberry? He seems like he was outmatched as an NFL line coach... but also, he had one year with a historic rate of injuries.

Wonder how much coach and how much scouts, the area scout for Bruss jumped in the pool. That's a hard one to live down.
Well, scouts go find the type of players that the coaches tell them who will fit their scheme.

It is probably easier finding the types they want now than the finesse zone blocking guys they previously went after.