Rams Select Kamren Kinchens 3rd Round #99

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Matched Ed Reed
Yes...

the next Ed Reed :startstruck:

I'm calling this new Rams defense The FrEaK ShOw.

lamberto bava horror GIF by absurdnoise

dinner party drinking GIF
i assume peter jackson GIF by absurdnoise

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cossell loves him and compares him to Budda Baker

Greg Cosell:

"What you love about Kinchens is his highly competitive and aggressive playing personality. While he is, at times, reckless and undisciplined, he brings an attitude and a swagger to a defense that all coaches will like.

The more I watched Kinchens, the more I liked him, and two players came to my mind in terms of playing style, mentality and overall traits: Darnell Savage and Budda Baker."

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I really like this pick, never considered him but never thought he’d be there for us to pick up at 99.

Very good safety to pair with Curl.

Both have will be effective at Free and Strong safety type of roles as we share those with universal safeties but Kinchens is more that Free Safety. Think 60/40.

Where as Curl is more a strong safety type, a bit bigger. 60/40

Has damn good instincts and is a sure tackler.
So, what you’re saying is…we have a double overhead Kam engine driving the defense!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I really know nothing about Kinchens and Corum. Just what I read and hear on the shows. Quite a few liked Kinchens in that spot. Some had him going 20 spots earlier. The only knock I heard on Corum was that he's pretty much Kyren Williams part 2. They thought a different type of runner would be better to offset Kyren.

The way I see it, the first two rounds we picked up a couple guys who can come in and start day one. And eventually be very good players. So it was a success in my eyes. Round 3 we got a couple guys who may or may not be ready to contribute early on. If thats the case I'm fine with it. We have them for 4 years. No need to rush them if they aren't ready.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's not a shutdown corner in coverage. Has shit to work on. But he gives our secondary a young ballhawk which improves our safety outlook.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I did not want to go into next season with Yeast as a starting safety.

This allows Lake to stay in his big nickel/dimebacker position.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I've come around on the pick a bit. Eleven picks is nice, and if he stops freelancing and pays attention to assignments, he could be solid for us.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I like Louis Riddick, although he can be over-the-top at times.

Anyone hear his comment on Kamren Kinchens from earlier today?

Riddick (a former Safety himself) said Kinchens would be a Pro Bowl Safety.

Thought that was interesting.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Louis Riddick, although he can be over-the-top at times.

Anyone hear his comment on Kamren Kinchens from earlier today?

Riddick (a former Safety himself) said Kinchens would be a Pro Bowl Safety.

Thought that was interesting.
Early on he was thought to be a potential 1st round pick. Not too outlandish of a comment imo

Memento

Name
Jemma
Early on he was thought to be a potential 1st round pick. Not too outlandish of a comment imo

It's a bit outlandish. He's a third-round rookie, and he still has to beat out a fair few younger safeties (Curl, Lake, Yeast, Taylor, Logan, McCullough, Ingle).

I think he could be a solid starter, but an All-Pro in his first year? I doubt it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a bit outlandish. He's a third-round rookie, and he still has to beat out a fair few younger safeties (Curl, Lake, Yeast, Taylor, Logan, McCullough, Ingle).

I think he could be a solid starter, but an All-Pro in his first year? I doubt it.
From what I've seen and read he didn't say rookie All-Pro

Memento

Name
Jemma
From what I've seen and read he didn't say rookie All-Pro

Ah. That makes a lot more sense. Then it's a possibility. He certainly has the production in college and tackling and ball skills. I worry about his overall athleticism and freelancing, but if Coach Pleasant can correct that? We very well could have an All-Pro at safety.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

No...he meant he believes he will eventually reach that level. And also stated he expects him to contribute on day 1.