Rams Select Kamren Kinchens 3rd Round #99

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Agree on Yeast, slight disagreement on Lake. I see Lake as the nickel CB. He did very well in that role last year.
Yeast is a JAG and definitely needed upgrading.
I don’t hate Lake, he just doesn’t excite me as a safety. I’ve seen him make plays though.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The Rams drafted 2, day one starters.. and 2 guys who you wouldn’t blink if they were starters.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s crazy the change and complete revamping of the secondary in just a couple months
Right?!

The core four could very well end up being Tre White, Darious Williams, Kamren Curl and Kamren Kinchens. All new this year.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
As has already been mentioned, Kinchens was an almost universal first-round pick in mock drafts a couple of months ago. He has fallen during the draft process, probably due to his measurables not being elite, but the Rams have repeatedly shown that they look at a player’s intangibles and in-game awareness more than just their numbers.

This could prove to be an absolute steal.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Tutu's been a big winner with the Rams not adding another pass game weapon. Sort of a stay of execution for him. Maybe he'll shut everyone up this year eh? That would be nice.
A platoon of Robinson and Atwell isn't the worst thing in the world at X. But Atwell works best from the F. Oddly, if something happens to Kupp, he'll jump right in. It'll just look a little different, like first quarter of last season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wondering if McVay is stewing in his juices tonight and thinking about moving up into round 4 to get a wideout...

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Here is another great report on him. Another high character player who plays a lot faster that his 40 time. I agree he is a steal and will probably be an impact starter. Not bad for pick 99. Go Rams

Great draft so far I just wish we had more picks! Les trade away some more 2025s by all means if you keep going like this :)

“Kinchens almost always was the safety to the field in split safety coverages and the post safety in single coverages. There were snaps in which he lined up over the slot, depending on the offensive formation. In Miami’s man coverage concepts, Kinchens matched up to both TE and running backs. All three interceptions versus Georgia Tech in 2022 came as the post safety”

Last edited:

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
The Rams drafted 2, day one starters.. and 2 guys who you wouldn’t blink if they were starters.
Well said. I looked at every teams draft and ours is easily one of the best! All four are impact players

How can we get some more picks? Waiting until pick 154 will be painful! Fuck them 2025 picks Les :)

20hrswk

UDFA
I don't mean to be a downer but . . .

If you look at the senior Bowl practices where one DB covers one WR man to man, he had a real hard time staying with any receiver he was to guard. I can't see him covering Kittle, LaPorta in the conference championship game or Kelce in the Super Bowl.

Also, he was targeted 34 times this year in games - 28 of those were completed (82%) for 479 yards and 4 TDs. The passer rating against his coverage was 118.4.

He was a lot better last year.

He chose not to run the shuttle or 3cone at the combine or his pro day.
I would guess because he knew it would be slow?
He ran 40 at 4.62, fifth from the bottom of his class.

I hope he played this year through an injury.
If he wasn't hurt this year, tape and numbers point to him not being able to cover NFL receivers.

I do not understand not trading up 1 or 2 spots and getting the best LB in the draft - Payton Wilson.
I know there are questions about his ACL, but that guy flies all over the field. He is a game changer.
If he lasts for 3/4 years, it would be worth it.

There were so many other players better than Kitchens available.

I don't understand this pick.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
I don't mean to be a downer but .
Everyone is entitled to their view, of course, but do you honestly believe that the Rams are oblivious to all the issues you raise?

They will have done their due diligence and decided that Kinchens is worth the pick. There’s a chance that he may not work out, but that can happen to anyone.

In McSnead we trust.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I don't mean to be a downer but . . .

If you look at the senior Bowl practices where one DB covers one WR man to man, he had a real hard time staying with any receiver he was to guard. I can't see him covering Kittle, LaPorta in the conference championship game or Kelce in the Super Bowl.

Also, he was targeted 34 times this year in games - 28 of those were completed (82%) for 479 yards and 4 TDs. The passer rating against his coverage was 118.4.

He was a lot better last year.

He chose not to run the shuttle or 3cone at the combine or his pro day.
I would guess because he knew it would be slow?
He ran 40 at 4.62, fifth from the bottom of his class.

I hope he played this year through an injury.
If he wasn't hurt this year, tape and numbers point to him not being able to cover NFL receivers.

I do not understand not trading up 1 or 2 spots and getting the best LB in the draft - Payton Wilson.
I know there are questions about his ACL, but that guy flies all over the field. He is a game changer.
If he lasts for 3/4 years, it would be worth it.

There were so many other players better than Kitchens available.

I don't understand this pick.
These are all good points. He did suffer a big injury in 2023 and was carted off the field but I am not sure that affected his measurables. Agree on Payton but if they liked him more they would have traded above the Steelers as any fool and his mother could see they would almost certainly pick him