Rams record that few know or care about may fall on Sunday.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's definitely too early. Just my gut feeling on him. Probably a year two impact if it's going to happen, but the special types at TE have shown a little something in year one. And he definitely needs a year of pro weight training and diet to put some weight on.

Also that's not to take away from what an excellent and all-around TE Higs is. He's improved so much as a receiver and does everything well, I definitely appreciate him. Not gonna be Kittle and that's ok he's still pretty damn good. :thumbsup1:

Yeah Cooper Kupp should have been the pick ahead of Everett,but how good would it have been to have Higbee & Kittles together?

Harris imo got put back in development,because of his injury which really doesn’t get brought up.
That was a core body thing which might keep him from bulking up as well.He was getting first team Reps in OTA’s so the talent is there.

He was signed to be a special teams player at first,so anything after that is gravy. He could develop into meat & potatoes,but not getting ahead of it.
A full offseason next year will make a big difference as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Pretty aware of Rams depth. Very aware of how little game experience that depth has. I have expectations for Hopkins to step up, but even the Rams have brought in vets to contribute late in the season.
Maybe you don't know the Rams recent history? CJ Anderson?
They'll use what they have for now, and if it works, great. I'm just saying if it doesn't, or if there's a vet TE available later that they like, it could happen.

Well why not just say Sony Michael? That is a closer example. We can play this game all day long. Les Snead under Sean Mcvay has had some amazing finds & trades. Austin Corbett,Jalen RAMsey,
Talking TE’s Mcvay’s first year that TE from Washington who’s last name started with a C ? Just to add a few more. Daunte who ?

Tano

Legend
I think the thing with Holihan is just lack of time with Rams
If my memory serves me correctly we got him from the chargers
where he did most of his damage.
LOVED me some Holihan though!
Wasn't he Jim Everetts favorite 3rd down target? When he left, Everett really didn't have a 3rd down target anymore.

Another one of GR's fantastic offseason donations to other teams

Have you caught on just how much I hated that beast (yes she was a beast)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Funny Kendricks story...

This happened at the Thordaddy game... Seadderall playing us in The STL.

I'm standing in line to get in the restroom and the line is all the way outside the door. The guy in front of me is wearing a Kendricks jersey. After standing in line for a while, I see that this guy actually looks like Lance. So I say something like - Damn, you look like you could be Kendricks' brother. He starts laughing and tells me that's because he IS his brother.

We talked for a long time because that line took forever. I told him I always thought that Lance looked like LeBron's twin. If I remember right, he told me their mom called him LeBron. Anyway... he was nice to talk to. It was great that Lance made that killer play after that. I saw his brother again after the game and we high fived. Pretty cool.
So when you high fived his brother was his hand brick-like? :laugh4:

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
He made a great catch in the second half of the Saints Championship game. It was also a great pass by Goff part of a incredible second half by him. Higbeee' s YAC is a very underrated part of his game too although we haven't seen it a ton so far this year.
I was talking about Kendricks, not Higbee.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
OntarioRam already explained it best, ... that it's really about the number of targets as Kendricks wasn't competing as much as Higbee has had to with quality WR's. Kendricks had significantly more targets. Also, Kendricks never had a higher catch ratio with the Rams than 71%, Higbee has bested that figure 3 times in his 5+ years, and so far in 2021 his catch percentage is at 88%.
I think it's fair to say that kendricks also had an all around far inferior team around him as well, including the qb's that threw to him. His number of targets was more, true, but the fact that he is #2 of ALL time on our team, tells me he wasn't as bad as people claim he is. Not saying he's better than Higs, bc I'm not. Just think alot of the hate towards him wasn't justified while he was here.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
I was talking about Kendricks, not Higbee.
Oh my bad people probably complained about Kendricks because how early he was drafted and he was just a JAG. I thought you were talking about Higbee because it seems some people still talk about the drop in the playoffs against the falcons. It was a huge drop but that catch compared to the one Watkins dropped was a lot more difficult.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think the thing with Holihan is just lack of time with Rams
If my memory serves me correctly we got him from the chargers
where he did most of his damage.
LOVED me some Holihan though!

We did get him from the Chargers, you are correct. For those two years in the late 80's when the whole team was good, Holohan was absolute money, especially on critical 3rd downs when it seemed almost automatic that Everett would find him to move the chains. Pete's never going to be anyone's HOF'er, but man I loved the guy.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I think it's fair to say that kendricks also had an all around far inferior team around him as well, including the qb's that threw to him. His number of targets was more, true, but the fact that he is #2 of ALL time on our team, tells me he wasn't as bad as people claim he is. Not saying he's better than Higs, bc I'm not. Just think alot of the hate towards him wasn't justified while he was here.
And he was a solid run blocker as well. Rams had the worst TE group in the NFL before they drafted him. Kendricks was all right.

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
I've often thought about that 5 game stretch. It was obvious watching during that time there was a concerted effort to get Higbee involved. And he responded. I really appreciate a guy like that on our team. I have no doubt he could be featured more on this or any other team. All he does is whatever is asked of him without complaint. I would be all for involving him more in the passing game, but I completely understand why we don't give our weapons.

I honestly view Higbee in much the same way I do Hav; they are on fair-market deals, produce as asked, don't complain, are solid teammates, aren't all-pros, but are great complimentary pieces to a SB caliber roster.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I've often thought about that 5 game stretch. It was obvious watching during that time there was a concerted effort to get Higbee involved. And he responded. I really appreciate a guy like that on our team. I have no doubt he could be featured more on this or any other team. All he does is whatever is asked of him without complaint. I would be all for involving him more in the passing game, but I completely understand why we don't give our weapons.

I honestly view Higbee in much the same way I do Hav; they are on fair-market deals, produce as asked, don't complain, are solid teammates, aren't all-pros, but are great complimentary pieces to a SB caliber roster.
You bet. And every Super Bowl winning team needs a bunch of guys just like you described.
Love me some Higs!!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
In fact, this Sunday, Tyler Higbee, who is a good, but hardly historic player, may become the Rams all time leader in receiving yards by a TE.

With four more yards, he'll pass the Number 2 guy on the list... Lance Kendricks.

Then, with 49 yards, he'll hit that magic number of 2,178 yards and supplant Billy Truax as the Rams' most prolific receiving TE!
So with Higbee’s 46 yards on 5 catches, dude only needs 3 yards to become our #1 TE.

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
The Rams have had a storied history at RB, with such greats as Eric Dickerson, Jerome Bettis, Marshall Faulk, Steven Jackson and Todd Gurley.

They have been even more impressive at the WR position, with players like Elroy Hirsch, Henry Ellard, Isaac Bruce, Flipper Anderson, Torry Holt and current players like Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp.

At TE, on the other hand, the Rams have never had a perennial All-Pro or Hall of Fame player.

In fact, this Sunday, Tyler Higbee, who is a good, but hardly historic player, may become the Rams all time leader in receiving yards by a TE.

With four more yards, he'll pass the Number 2 guy on the list... Lance Kendricks.

Then, with 49 yards, he'll hit that magic number of 2,178 yards and supplant Billy Truax as the Rams' most prolific receiving TE!

While they probably won't stop the game and have a 15 minute ceremony, I suppose that's worth noting.

Seriously... Higs is a good TE and I'm glad to have him on the team. And, by the time he's done, he may set the bar high enough that it could take a while for someone to knock him off his perch. Probably not 51 years (Truax set his mark in 1970), but... a while.
What? Higbee better than Alex Klopfenstein? Blasphemy!

RamWoodie

Legend
The Rams have NEVER been a team that throws a lot to TE...and it irks me.

McVay kills me with the way he doesn't get the most from Higbee by getting more targets to him. Like Martz did, he holds Higbee in to block while the WRs run the deep crosses.

GET HIGBEAST MORE INVOLVED!!!