Rams record that few know or care about may fall on Sunday.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was gonna put this in the "suggested changes" thread.. but I'll leave it here..
I wonder if this is a position where they find a way to bring in a veteran after losing Mundt.
Would have said your crazy & don’t know The Rams depth.Mcvay’s quote about we’ll see who we bring up.
My take is he leaves that discussion to Les Snead & Wes.The Rams signed a blocking TE Jared Pinkney from Vandy

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think you're misunderstanding. They guys behind Mundt are Hopkins and Blanton, neither with any real experience. The Rams run a decent amount of 2 TE sets, so I'm wondering if those two will cut it.

I like Blanton a lot,so I hope he does well.Hopkins has always been a player with potential.The thing with Blanton is he is more like a veteran TE.Hopkins plays teams.which is Blanton weak point.Johnny got hurt on Teams.
So I guess coach Joe D. has a Big Say?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Guys who have the potential to impact the game will force changes to the scheme. He is simply a guy you use differently.

Example would be if you run 12 with him and Higs then you line Higs up as the inline blocker and slot Harris. You basically have 11 personnel at that point but teams who are stupid might sub for 12 and get torched. At least for a while.

Skow is similar in that way. Big target who you slot up and destroy certain matchups like ILB and smaller DBs. But with Harris not only can he highpoint a DB or ILB but he can also blow by them.

Well your point is well taken,but then what about depth? I don’t necessarily agree with you on the TE position.In theory yes,but that dis credits Tyler.

Tyler Higbee is going to be if not already The Best TE in Rams history.
We could see Harris as the guy that catches him in receiving yards ?

My point is that change is TE has not happened & Tyler Higbee Brings So Much to The Rams. HIGBEEST just grinds.HIGBEEST to the left HIGBEEST to the right. Rams TD.The Giants game showed that in a no huddle.
He blocks well,but asking him to block more than he does with his shoulder doesn’t make much sense.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Or Bob Klein
-1562414615139986567.jpg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm probably gonna look like a jackass later for saying this but I really think Harris is going to be a beast in this offense. He's going to give us what we haven't really ever had. This guy is a young Jimmy Graham IMO.
Just wonder in his first 6 games how many catches he has had ? Don’t think with the pace he is in he will catch Tyler Higbee.Thinking it’s a little to early even if you add the preseason.
—Best Rams TE ever in receptions ,but not all as a Ram could be Jared Cook of all players.He might have played for every NFL team when he is done.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Part of the problem at TE currently, in terms of production, is just how stacked the Rams' WRs are.

Kupp. Woods. Van Jefferson. D. Jackson. It's a tough group to wrestle targets away from.

You're rarely going to send a TE deep over those options, and for the short and intermediate routes, Kupp and Woods are among the best in the business.

I would still like to see the TE utilized more though. It seems they like the TE screen but not much else. Why not attack the seam? Higbee, and Everett before him, both would have had better stats if given more opportunities.

If you look at the TEs that are clearly the best in this league - Kelce, Andrews, Waller - they all get tons of targets. And all of those teams are less stacked at WR than the Rams. The Chiefs are explosive but have been looking for a #3 option behind Kelce and Tyreek Hill for a while now, to the point that they've taken a flier on Josh Gordan.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
We have had some good tight ends that just weren't good for us.

Chris Chamberlain

Jared Cooks

Roland Williams

And lets not forget Joe Klomp(don't care enough about him to find the spelling of his crazy ass name)

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Interesting that Kendricks is our #2 of all time. I was a fan of Kendricks, wore his jersey last week actually. But crazy how much hate he got when on this team compared to Higs and yet has more yds in a shorter amount of time than Higs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'ma guess he gets more action late in the season as defenses start to wear down. HigBeast may not be elite but he's in the top ten. And he's not just a big receiver. He blocks, he bleeds out, he does everything a TE needs you to do.

Look for his targets to increase as the season wears on.

The same could be said about Tyler HiGbeast. He looks like he is wearing out a little even as of now.Mcvay made mention of his play.The shoulder was(is) an issue last season.This season he looks good,but the concern is still there & his body has taking a little abuse.
—Imo I think The Rams need to get a TE to step up between Harris,Blanton,& Hopkins.In training camp Kendall Blanton stood out to me making tough catches in traffic.

—Seems like the eyes don’t lie from last week.DD21 made a nice start & played well for D.Williams which I saw happen in the camp as well.Just shows the depth The Rams have.Saw last night Micah Kiser got hurt playing for Denver.

Point being less Tyler Higbee now,& more when it counts would be what I’d like to see.Stats are Stats.We’ll see? —Hopkins is the guy as a Ram Fan I’d like to get the wake up call.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Chris Chamberlain

Jared Cooks

Roland Williams

And lets not forget Joe Klomp(don't care enough about him to find the spelling of his crazy ass name)

Williams helped win The Rams a SuperBowl.Don’t take his rookie season for granite..

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Handbricks aka geodude. Never thought that would come up again.

Need another Ernie Conwell. Higs might be the closest to that if he continues to be productive and clutch.

At least Geodude has hands. Kendricks caught a lot more like Golem.

076.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Just wonder in his first 6 games how many catches he has had ? Don’t think with the pace he is in he will catch Tyler Higbee.Thinking it’s a little to early even if you add the preseason.
—Best Rams TE ever in receptions ,but not all as a Ram could be Jared Cook of all players.He might have played for every NFL team when he is done.
It's definitely too early. Just my gut feeling on him. Probably a year two impact if it's going to happen, but the special types at TE have shown a little something in year one. And he definitely needs a year of pro weight training and diet to put some weight on.

Also that's not to take away from what an excellent and all-around TE Higs is. He's improved so much as a receiver and does everything well, I definitely appreciate him. Not gonna be Kittle and that's ok he's still pretty damn good. :thumbsup1:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Chris Chamberlain

Jared Cooks

Roland Williams

I think Chris Chamberlain was a LB.

Also, I was having a nice morning until you reminded me of Joe Klopfenstein.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Interesting that Kendricks is our #2 of all time. I was a fan of Kendricks, wore his jersey last week actually. But crazy how much hate he got when on this team compared to Higs and yet has more yds in a shorter amount of time than Higs.
Didn’t he drop a bit or something? There was a reason fans weren’t too excited about him.

The Rams had crap for WRs when Kendricks was on the team. It could be reasoned that he got more targets than Higbee.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Not sure why you're trying to create an argument, he's decent. My comments are regarding that 5 game stretch, how bizarre it is compared to the rest of his career.
In fact, the 522 yards he gained in that 5 game stretch would be his career high in any other season.
And the 4- 100 yards games he had in that stretch are the only 100 yard games he's had in his career
It is just how he is used. I think he is capable of that kind of production at any time. When he had that run Everret was out. One reason he got more targets. Also I think Kupp might have been in and out of the line up.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Would have said your crazy & don’t know The Rams depth.Mcvay’s quote about we’ll see who we bring up.
My take is he leaves that discussion to Les Snead & Wes.The Rams signed a blocking TE Jared Pinkney from Vandy
Pretty aware of Rams depth. Very aware of how little game experience that depth has. I have expectations for Hopkins to step up, but even the Rams have brought in vets to contribute late in the season.
Maybe you don't know the Rams recent history? CJ Anderson?
They'll use what they have for now, and if it works, great. I'm just saying if it doesn't, or if there's a vet TE available later that they like, it could happen.