Rams record that few know or care about may fall on Sunday.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I like Blanton a lot,so I hope he does well.Hopkins has always been a player with potential.The thing with Blanton is he is more like a veteran TE.Hopkins plays teams.which is Blanton weak point.Johnny got hurt on Teams.
So I guess coach Joe D. has a Big Say?
Blanton is a veteran in the same way Jamil Demby was... just good enough to stick around on practice squads.. not good enough to make the team.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Funny Kendricks story...

This happened at the Thordaddy game... Seadderall playing us in The STL.

I'm standing in line to get in the restroom and the line is all the way outside the door. The guy in front of me is wearing a Kendricks jersey. After standing in line for a while, I see that this guy actually looks like Lance. So I say something like - Damn, you look like you could be Kendricks' brother. He starts laughing and tells me that's because he IS his brother.

We talked for a long time because that line took forever. I told him I always thought that Lance looked like LeBron's twin. If I remember right, he told me their mom called him LeBron. Anyway... he was nice to talk to. It was great that Lance made that killer play after that. I saw his brother again after the game and we high fived. Pretty cool.

WestCoastRam

Legend
It was the last 5 games of 2019. Dont recall anyone hurt, just that Higs exploded and we thought he was a late blooming Kittle.
Then the genie squeezed back in to the bottle

We started playing a ton of 12 personnel due to oline having trouble blocking which unlocked Higbee as a bigger passing option, IMO.

Cook was also in and out of the lineup with concussions if I remember.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We started playing a ton of 12 personnel due to oline having trouble blocking which unlocked Higbee as a bigger passing option, IMO.

Cook was also in and out of the lineup with concussions if I remember.
Point being, its amazing they got a horse in the stable that can run roughshod, and yet they limit his production.
So they add an Everett, a Hopkins and now a Harris and possibly Skow as the pass catching option while Higs does the dirty work.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
We have had some good tight ends that just weren't good for us.

Chris Chamberlain

Jared Cooks

Roland Williams

And lets not forget Joe Klomp(don't care enough about him to find the spelling of his crazy ass name)

No love for Pete Holohan?

WestCoastRam

Legend
Point being, its amazing they got a horse in the stable that can run roughshod, and yet they limit his production.
So they add an Everett, a Hopkins and now a Harris and possibly Skow as the pass catching option while Higs does the dirty work.
Definitely, interesting that his production seems to be up a tick with Stafford too.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Definitely, interesting that his production seems to be up a tick with Stafford too.
Not sure about that. He has 22 of 23 catches made by TE. 3.8 per game.
Last year, TE caught 89 passes or 5.6 per game. So Higbee might be slightly up in personal production but overall Stafford seems to avoid throwing to the TE

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Funny Kendricks story...

This happened at the Thordaddy game... Seadderall playing us in The STL.

I'm standing in line to get in the restroom and the line is all the way outside the door. The guy in front of me is wearing a Kendricks jersey. After standing in line for a while, I see that this guy actually looks like Lance. So I say something like - Damn, you look like you could be Kendricks' brother. He starts laughing and tells me that's because he IS his brother.

We talked for a long time because that line took forever. I told him I always thought that Lance looked like LeBron's twin. If I remember right, he told me their mom called him LeBron. Anyway... he was nice to talk to. It was great that Lance made that killer play after that. I saw his brother again after the game and we high fived. Pretty cool.

So many amazing stories from that game. I think Rich was watching that game from Valhalla, wanting us to have a good time.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Didn’t he drop a bit or something? There was a reason fans weren’t too excited about him.

The Rams had crap for WRs when Kendricks was on the team. It could be reasoned that he got more targets than Higbee.
People complained about him dropping a lot, but he made alot more clutch catches imo.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was the last 5 games of 2019. Dont recall anyone hurt, just that Higs exploded and we thought he was a late blooming Kittle.
Then the genie squeezed back in to the bottle

IIRC Everett was hurt during at least some of that time

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
People complained about him dropping a lot, but he made alot more clutch catches imo.
He made a great catch in the second half of the Saints Championship game. It was also a great pass by Goff part of a incredible second half by him. Higbeee' s YAC is a very underrated part of his game too although we haven't seen it a ton so far this year.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Interesting that Kendricks is our #2 of all time. I was a fan of Kendricks, wore his jersey last week actually. But crazy how much hate he got when on this team compared to Higs and yet has more yds in a shorter amount of time than Higs.

OntarioRam already explained it best, ... that it's really about the number of targets as Kendricks wasn't competing as much as Higbee has had to with quality WR's. Kendricks had significantly more targets. Also, Kendricks never had a higher catch ratio with the Rams than 71%, Higbee has bested that figure 3 times in his 5+ years, and so far in 2021 his catch percentage is at 88%.

Last edited:

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
The Rams have had a storied history at RB, with such greats as Eric Dickerson, Jerome Bettis, Marshall Faulk, Steven Jackson and Todd Gurley.

They have been even more impressive at the WR position, with players like Elroy Hirsch, Henry Ellard, Isaac Bruce, Flipper Anderson, Torry Holt and current players like Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp.

At TE, on the other hand, the Rams have never had a perennial All-Pro or Hall of Fame player.

In fact, this Sunday, Tyler Higbee, who is a good, but hardly historic player, may become the Rams all time leader in receiving yards by a TE.

With four more yards, he'll pass the Number 2 guy on the list... Lance Kendricks.

Then, with 49 yards, he'll hit that magic number of 2,178 yards and supplant Billy Truax as the Rams' most prolific receiving TE!

While they probably won't stop the game and have a 15 minute ceremony, I suppose that's worth noting.

Seriously... Higs is a good TE and I'm glad to have him on the team. And, by the time he's done, he may set the bar high enough that it could take a while for someone to knock him off his perch. Probably not 51 years (Truax set his mark in 1970), but... a while.
Go Higs!!!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Part of the problem at TE currently, in terms of production, is just how stacked the Rams' WRs are
Yes, and have been stacked over the years at times. Ellard/Anderson/Brown....Bruce/Holt/Hakim...Kupp/Woods/Cooks etc.

IIRC Lance Kendricks is the #2 guy...which makes sense because Fisher's team had shit at WR, same as those dark ages teams when Danny fucking Amendola was the go-to #1.