Rams practice squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This feels like someone back-pedalling ... Smart to do so, but I'm not sure I'm buying it.
Or he could actually mean it. Hard to make assumptions off a 140 character limit.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Or he could actually mean it. Hard to make assumptions off a 140 character limit.
True. But man do I hate it when people make vague statements like that on Twitter. Like you're supposed to know what they're talking about. Either that, or they want you to beg them for clarification. How about just stfu instead?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
This feels like someone back-pedalling ... Smart to do so, but I'm not sure I'm buying it.
anigif_enhanced-16518-1439283529-4.gif

nighttrain

Legend
True. But man do I hate it when people make vague statements like that on Twitter. Like you're supposed to know what they're talking about. Either that, or they want you to beg them for clarification. How about just stfu instead?
pass this on to Trump, would ya

train

Mick

Pro Bowler
The fact that both players called him out, yeah, I do have a clue.
How is LTP's post calling out McVay? He merely laid out his timeline....I think most would take it as an example of how fast life can come at ya sometimes. Also, Dan the man specifically stated that he wasn't calling out McVay......so, no, you don't have a clue.....;)

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
How is LTP's post calling out McVay? He merely laid out his timeline....I think most would take it as an example of how fast life can come at ya sometimes. Also, Dan the man specifically stated that he wasn't calling out McVay......so, no, you don't have a clue.....;)

Dans agent told him to post a retraction on that tweet, because it hinders his future in the NFL. You don't piss off the one employer looking at you lol

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or,:thinking: as I like to say, " It is better to remain silent, and be thought a Fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!!"(y)
much wow. much wisdom.
hahaha. regardless of everything LTP/Orlovsky stuff, I'm intrigued as to how McVay handles this part of coaching. It was interesting watching Hard Knocks to see some part of it. Rock is the man!

Mick

Pro Bowler
Dans agent told him to post a retraction on that tweet, because it hinders his future in the NFL. You don't tick off the one employer looking at you lol
More speculation, or ya got something to support it? I don't deny that tweet could have been leveled at McVay, or may not have been, but screw Dan. It's about a better team, and if he can't get that, then off to fast food he goes, where they don't care if you can't hit a 5 yard slant route. Besides, everything I've heard from current and former players is that McVay is legit.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Why add LTP to the PS at all? Then after sleeping on it, he feels that Mundt was a better option, or Peterson. I get the feeling, that McVay just has a hard time giving the bad news. I give people bad news all the time. It's something you have to get used to. I think he's struggling with it. Otherwise he wouldn't give false hope.

Unless I'm missing something, the Rams had LTP on the 53 but then players they liked more became available so he was waived. No one claimed him and since the Rams still liked him they put him on the PS. Then another guy they liked became available so they had to waive someone to add the new player, but they liked the waived player more than LTP so they used LTP's PS spot for the newly waived player.

Not sure how that's false hope. They can't foresee into the future and know who will become available to claim. If aren't able to claim Allen maybe LTP is still on PS

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame

Keep digging Danny boy! Sounded reeeeal sincere. Then throw in an insult at the end to all of us "dunces" that didn't properly interpret your last dumpster fire tweet.

Dude, whatever ditch you are digging, turn and say "hi" to your buddy Kraperdick. :neener:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Unless I'm missing something, the Rams had LTP on the 53 but then players they liked more became available so he was waived. No one claimed him and since the Rams still liked him they put him on the PS. Then another guy they liked became available so they had to waive someone to add the new player, but they liked the waived player more than LTP so they used LTP's PS spot for the newly waived player.

Not sure how that's false hope. They can't foresee into the future and know who will become available to claim. If aren't able to claim Allen maybe LTP is still on PS

Mundt was already a FA prior to LTP. If they thought he was more important, you give him the spot, not LTP. Same with Peterson in a sense. They take Dunn out, and add Peterson. Now since Peterson was waived for Allen, why sign LTP, when you know you placed a waiver claim for Allen, resulting in a waiving of Peterson? Just in case Peterson gets claimed? That's the only logical reasoning I can think of. But either way, why not just sign Mundt, and not sign Dunn? They were both cut the same time. I guess the coaching staff slept on it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
FWIW's I'm pleased now with the practice squad with the addition of Mundt & Peterson. Really like Mundt and believe he can develop and I liked Peterson's ability against the run too. As to Louis Trinca-Pasat, it's quite obvious the Rams have added to the position and they like others in that scheme. LTP played the 4-3 in college, whereas Tanzel Smart and Tyrunn Walker are better fits for the 3-4 plus Walker has a history with DL Coach Bill Johnson.

It was not only the addition of Quinton Jefferson, but the Rams must also like DT Omarius Bryant better as well and I can understand that because Bryant at 6-3 315 is much bigger than Trinca-Pasat and moving forward most likely to be many changes on the PS.

FWIW's the Rams have no Offensive Tackles on the practice squad, they currently only have three on the active roster in Whitworth, Williams & Donnal, with Saffold also having the ability to play tackle albeit for only about one quarter.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Mundt was already a FA prior to LTP. If they thought he was more important, you give him the spot, not LTP. Same with Peterson in a sense. They take Dunn out, and add Peterson. Now since Peterson was waived for Allen, why sign LTP, when you know you placed a waiver claim for Allen, resulting in a waiving of Peterson? Just in case Peterson gets claimed? That's the only logical reasoning I can think of. But either way, why not just sign Mundt, and not sign Dunn? They were both cut the same time. I guess the coaching staff slept on it.

Or you wait for the player / agent's reaction to what is pretty much a demotion - you then see who are team players and who are throwing their toys out of the pram.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Why add LTP to the PS at all? Then after sleeping on it, he feels that Mundt was a better option, or Peterson. I get the feeling, that McVay just has a hard time giving the bad news. I give people bad news all the time. It's something you have to get used to. I think he's struggling with it. Otherwise he wouldn't give false hope.
Because you never know if player (A) that you replaced him with would clear through waivers. thus, you hedge your bet by signing Player (B) in the case that Player (A) is picked up by another team. Then you at least still have the rights to Player (B) if that be the case. Not a hard thing to figure out if you know the process, but it just so happens it is the nature of the business. It's not personal. LTP has had 5 yrs to solidify himself to the 53 man roster and hasn't. He has been waived before and only the Rams picked him up so ... maybe he is lucky the Rams gave him employment during that time that no other team did?

It's the NFL .. not Pop Warner and there is no "minimum play rule". It's a business