Rams practice squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This is great thanks for the post BonifayRam, But, maybe you can tell me (or anyone else!) WHY only 9 players!? We can carry 10! So why not 10!? It's not like we can't cut or add to the PS at will. That happens all the time!
Must have been saved for LTP when he was released.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I just took a look at the current roster on therams.com. They're showing Marquez on IR?? Did I miss something? :thinking:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Sign Trinca-Pasat on the 4th, cut him on the 5th. Get it together Rams. Looks so disfunctional. And unprofessional. You knew you were going to claim Allen. Why get LTP's hopes up, when you know you'll be cutting him the next day? Very unprofessional.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
What? One day contract to retire a Ram?

Back in 2015, when LTP had that outstanding camp, he was a bulldog, very strong with a big motor and quite quick, ... I believe he may have lost a step by moving up from 285lbs. to 300lbs on that 6'1" frame. I'm sorry he couldn't maintain his former level, but injuries and being a Fisher guy may have also taken something of a toll. jmo

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Back in 2015, when LTP had that outstanding camp, he was a bulldog, very strong with a big motor and quite quick, ... I believe he may have lost a step by moving up from 285lbs. to 300lbs on that 6'1" frame. I'm sorry he couldn't maintain his former level, but injuries and being a Fisher guy may have also taken something of a toll. jmo

Agree 100%. Just don't like how the team handled his situation. You don't give the guy a contract and cut him a day later. Bad business.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Yeah. Kinda feel for the guys in these situations. This is literally what it's like to be on the bubble. Tough...
What would have been a better procedure? I think they were genuinely interested in having him if they could.

Why add LTP to the PS at all? Then after sleeping on it, he feels that Mundt was a better option, or Peterson. I get the feeling, that McVay just has a hard time giving the bad news. I give people bad news all the time. It's something you have to get used to. I think he's struggling with it. Otherwise he wouldn't give false hope.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
We counting the Orlovsky bridge also, cause that wasn't a bridge. Or, you could look at it like, this happens often in the NFL, and without knowing what went on between coach/player, you don't have a clue what happened to the bridge, if anything.

The fact that both players called him out, yeah, I do have a clue.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
And for the record, I don't like either of these players for the Rams. But when I see "bad business" as you will, I mention it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
And for the record, I don't like either of these players for the Rams. But when I see "bad business" as you will, I mention it.

Bad business, but in the NFL, it's commonplace. It sucks because I really like LTP, but this is business.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think they wanted LTP....he was disruptive...couldn't seem to disengage from blocks and make a play. Still a lot of penetration from him...

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The fact that both players called him out, yeah, I do have a clue.

I'm not sure I would say LTP called him out. His message was more of a recap of a bad couple of days that to him from on top of the world to looking for a new gig. Doesn't seem to place any blame on anyone.

No doubt Orlovsky was though ...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah. Kinda feel for the guys in these situations. This is literally what it's like to be on the bubble. Tough...
What would have been a better procedure? I think they were genuinely interested in having him if they could.

I'm just not reading that as a burnt bridge, certainly no comparison to what Orlovsky put out. Personally, based on my limited visual knowledge of the pre-season games, I would have cut I. Johnson and left LTP on the PC, but that's just me. LTP just described what being bounced from the 53 to the PC and then being out altogether felt like, but I didn't see any form of personal attack on the coaches or organization. jmo.

Last edited: