Rams OTA's 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Been 14 yrs since Jackson has been based in his home state to work his vocation. This just might be just what the doctor ordered for his broken-down older 34 yr old body that has had big issues for several seasons remaining on the job.

Yes very true, nothing like Southern California weather and regardless of what people, it's truly never sunny in Philadelphia.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes very true, nothing like Southern California weather and regardless of what people, it's truly never sunny in Philadelphia.
Or in New York State....

LXn9iqp.gif

dang

Legend
Wondering if we will see a little back-end of the roster tweaking now that the coaches have seen players in some drills and meetings.
I may be wrong but I think we are a little thin at CB. still Banging the drum for Brian Poole.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I was going to comment that Atwell doesn’t look smaller than a couple there. Next to Kupp is Trishton Jackson.
Nah, I can tell he's definitely much lighter than all of them. Legs are super skinny and the top is too, but hidden by the jersey being a bit baggier on him. He definitely needs to eventually build some muscle to help him there.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who's the intern in the middle that showed up in an old Robert Woods jersey?

View attachment 45578
If you told me Atwell was an NFL player, I wouldn't believe you - his physique is diminutive.
Hats off to the guy for overcoming the 'size' obstacle to make it to the NFL.
Can't wait to see how he holds up.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I may be wrong but I think we are a little thin at CB. still Banging the drum for Brian Poole.
I agree with you on the Rams looking like TuTu's legs @ corner. Snead only signed one UDFA corner Brontae Harris after drafting Robert Rochell, Harris plays outside. The problem is Harris looks like a clone of Dinky Deayon.

Not so sure on Poole though if he would come to LA at least, what ILB Kenny Young is signed to play for $2.3 million......I would say yes, but that will never happen.

The big question here in the CB unit depends on how new DC Raheem Morris & DB coach Ejiro Evero & Jon Cooley want to play the BIG Wild Card & versatile DB Terrell Burgess.

The fact is the Rams are super stuffed with 6 good safeties. All of them were here last season. Three saw a good amount of snaps with the defense. On top of that Snead would seem to have signed 3 real good prospects in Ford, Warner & Grant. So it's a very packed room.

Rookie outside corner Robert Rochell sure appears to be a steal in the 4th rd. He is sure to stick. Then there is 27 yr old outside dinky corner Donte Deayon who has been a Ram now since 2018. Versatile corner David Long has not arrived yet & has played poorly thus far when taking snaps with the defense giving up big plays on a constant basis. Long is now entering his 3rd season, but he was an outstanding college talent.

If I were in on the planning of the main contributors in the corner unit in 2021.... I would ensure that Burgess is our starter @ Nickel & Dime DB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

He's a powerful little MFer. Was watching some random games from last year and boy he's got some power runs you don't normally see from guys his size. Has a mean stiff arm too, dude put a DE on his ass even. (y)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He's a powerful little MFer. Was watching some random games from last year and boy he's got some power runs you don't normally see from guys his size. Has a mean stiff arm too, dude put a DE on his ass even. (y)
Whenever he gets stopped he still somehow manages to fall forward for 2 or 3 yards.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Starting Safety duo?

I would say rapp will be the safety near the line of scrimmage and let him do what he does best. Burgess can flex between nickel and safety whenever needed.

Of course Fuller will be the deep safety.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I would say rapp will be the safety near the line of scrimmage and let him do what he does best. Burgess can flex between nickel and safety whenever needed.

Of course Fuller will be the deep safety.

I'd put Rapp in at the LB/S spot. If they are going to stay true to Staley's scheme there will rarely be a "box" safety pre-snap, they also used both safeties in deep coverage. Rapp played ok last season but so did Burgess.

As for Burgess playing nickel I wonder if this is something that the coaches are considering? Has there been any mention or report from the staff? Or is this just fans snowballing off of each other and a scouting report?

Overall I think that we're in a great spot at Safety, Scott even looked good. I think that we'll probably all 3 on the field at various points this season.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I'd put Rapp in at the LB/S spot. If they are going to stay true to Staley's scheme there will rarely be a "box" safety pre-snap, they also used both safeties in deep coverage. Rapp played ok last season but so did Burgess.

As for Burgess playing nickel I wonder if this is something that the coaches are considering? Has there been any mention or report from the staff? Or is this just fans snowballing off of each other and a scouting report?

Overall I think that we're in a great spot at Safety, Scott even looked good. I think that we'll probably all 3 on the field at various points this season.
Scott is often overlooked, but he is another late round steal it appears. Just getting a late 7th to contribute is great, but getting starter snaps and playing well is awesome.

LOURam85

UDFA
No doubt. I do think this situation is really good for him. Lot of top end competition and roster quality means no room to fuck around. He's a competitor so hopefully it'll push him to have a career year.

Can't wait to see what Jefferson has to say about that too. Is the kid gonna beast in year two and win that role? Man this is going to be a fun camp.
Win what role??? Not deep threat I think Jefferson is going to replace kupp or woods after this season