Rams OTA's 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm just glad we're not like the Bears and feel the need to pump a pick like he knocked it out of the park in rookie cool-aid sessions.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

Welcome to the NFL rookie interior defensive lineman Bobby Brown III.

The new kid looks in great shape for the middle of May.

A lot of fans and few draft gurus think he was a steal at selection # 117.

I'm on board with those that believe Mr. Brown is going to make some noise in 2021.

His film review and stats are from the SEC. I take the SEC very serious with draft picks.

1200x0.jpg

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Well, that's not UCI for sure!

Camera's all charged up, memory card is cleared, just waiting, hoping, praying for an opportunity to get to training camp this year.

Had my bout with 'rona. Got my shots. I should be good to go!

@CGI_Ram , make it happen! Get me into #Ramscamp!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
There is the first look;

Whitworth / Edwards / Corbett / Evans / Havenstein
I think that photograph is very telling as to the plan at OL.

Corbett at Center, with Evans at RG is the current plan.

Rodrigue's mention of Whitworth also seeing time at G ... perhaps allowing the Rams to determine if Noteboom is the future at LT ... is intriguing.

Perhaps the the two (completely unknown to us) young OL ... Anchrum and Brewer ... can push the projected starters and/or develop into the top reserves.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Rodrigue's mention of Whitworth also seeing time at G ... perhaps allowing the Rams to determine if Noteboom is the future at LT ... is intriguing.
When has there been mention of Whitworth playing LG and putting Noteboom at LT? Why in the world would we do that?

Wasn't the original quote from Whitworth himself talking on a podcast about playing guard if we signed Trent Williams? If we signed an all-pro LT in his prime it make sense for Whit to slide over. But him slide over for Noteboom? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.

sloramfan

Starter
yay!!

pics from practice is the beginning of 2021 season...

love it.. finally something to see...

go rams

slo

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The boys look fresh and ready. Great to see the vets embracing the rookie class.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
When has there been mention of Whitworth playing LG and putting Noteboom at LT? Why in the world would we do that?

I was having a couple of drinks with Les Snead and Sean McVay last month, and they confided in me.

Albert Einstein and Abraham Lincoln were also there, so ... now that I think about it ... that may have been a dream.

Seriously, I did not say LG ... just Guard. Not anticipating anything full time; and only mentioned it as 'intriguing'.

As to why would they do that .... The Rams really need to find a Left Tackle. Whitworth is going to be 40. A forty-year-old quality-OT is extremely rare in the NFL. As in it hardly has ever happened.

Whitworth has been amazing, and remains a quality LT in my opinion but I have seen some decline. The Rams need to figure-out the future there. There may be some young talent that some of us like but none of us have seen them play LT in the NFL because none of them have played LT in the NFL. It's only conjecture.

The exception is Noteboom. I am unimpressed with him at Guard but I thought he was OK at LT. With Noteboom entering his contract year, I would think the Rams have to make a decision. They may want to look for some opportunities for Noteboom to get meaningful game snaps at LT. Would also give the 40-year-old starter a breather.

Maybe the Rams already have made up their mind about Noteboom. I don't know. Snead and McVay were a little vague on this point at the bar but Einstein had strong opinions. Seriously, that guy would not shut-up.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was having a couple of drinks with Les Snead and Sean McVay last month, and they confided in me.

Albert Einstein and Abraham Lincoln were also there, so ... now that I think about it ... that may have been a dream.

Seriously, I did not say LG ... just Guard. Not anticipating anything full time; and only mentioned it as 'intriguing'.

As to why would they do that .... The Rams really need to find a Left Tackle. Whitworth is going to be 40. A forty-year-old quality-OT is extremely rare in the NFL. As in it hardly has ever happened.

Whitworth has been amazing, and remains a quality LT in my opinion but I have seen some decline. The Rams need to figure-out the future there. There may be some young talent that some of us like but none of us have seen them play LT in the NFL because none of them have played LT in the NFL. It's only conjecture.

The exception is Noteboom. I am unimpressed with him at Guard but I thought he was OK at LT. With Noteboom entering his contract year, I would think the Rams have to make a decision. They may want to look for some opportunities for Noteboom to get meaningful game snaps at LT. Would also give the 40-year-old starter a breather.

Maybe the Rams already have made up their mind about Noteboom. I don't know. Snead and McVay were a little vague on this point at the bar but Einstein had strong opinions. Seriously, that guy would not shut-up.
Noteboom played Left tackle for them while Whitworth was injured. They know what they have with him. I could see them trying Edwards at Left Tackle to see what he can do or Brewer.

Maybe Carberry wants to bring his rotating Oline concepts to the NFL. I am not so sure it works if so. In college they often have similarly rated Olinemen. Giving some breathers may work since they are interchangeable. The NFL is more specialized.