Rams make 2y offer to RFA Center Ryan Groy(Buffalo)/Bills match offer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
THAT'S ALL THEY OFFERED?!?! OMG... Please, football gods, please don't let them match.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like they're taking a calculated risk. With the Bills signing Ducasse and having Lewis, I think the Rams are assuming that the Bills are willing to move on. But yea, I can definitely see the Bills matching that offer. Will be disappointed if they do.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
this is from the Buffalo Rumblings SBNation website;http://www.buffalorumblings.com/

{The Bills have five days to match the Rams’ offer. Since Groy was an undrafted free agent and the Bills tendered him at the lowest value, they will receive no compensation if they decide to pass.}

being tendered at the lowest value doesnt seem to show a lot of interest in him by the bills. that site also said the offer sheet is high for a backup (in buffalo).

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Seems like they're taking a calculated risk. With the Bills signing Ducasse and having Lewis, I think the Rams are assuming that the Bills are willing to move on. But yea, I can definitely see the Bills matching that offer. Will be disappointed if they do.

Unless Kromer has inside knowledge and they've done a gentleman's agreement behind close doors??

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Watt has strong film, strong production, and the analytics love him. He'd be the ideal pick for us in the second.

I think there are stronger more potentially impactful players at other positions. By round 2, the picks are usually grouped in the 4-15 range and the team picks the best fit or need amongst those players. In that case I put Engram ahead of Watt and also a corner like Awuze. Both could possibly be there at 37. I like Godwin a lot too. I really want to see some good weapons brought in for this offense. I think Engram would be an ideal fit.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think there are stronger more potentially impactful players at other positions. By round 2, the picks are usually grouped in the 4-15 range and the team picks the best fit or need amongst those players. In that case I put Engram ahead of Watt and also a corner like Awuze. Both could possibly be there at 37. I like Godwin a lot too. I really want to see some good weapons brought in for this offense. I think Engram would be an ideal fit.

Awuzie? Awuzie isn't even the best CB from Colorado who will be available at #37. Awuzie should be available in the third round. Frankly, he's overrated. He's not a bad player, but he got beat too often this year for a guy who is highly regarded in this class.

Evan Engram isn't an easy projection in every scheme. I don't know how McVay will value him.

On the other hand, Watt is an easy projection for our scheme, he's a top talent at a position of need (one of the top positions in terms of positional value), and everything about him screams safe pick (unless there's a medical red flag).

We'll have plenty of opportunities to add weapons for this offense even if we don't spend #37 on one. Watt is the type of guy that I simply couldn't pass on if he's there. The analytics consider him to be an extremely safe prospect, his production shows a quality player, and his film shows a kid who is way ahead of where he should be based on his experience with a lot of upside.

Watt is my guy at #37 unless we address that position in FA.(if Watt is available)

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
5 mill with 3.5 due next week? Not worth it for them unless they have sig cap with mindset of releasing one of their many olineman.

To me, we don't make this deal unless his agent was co docent Bills weren't matching. He ours!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm assuming , or at least I'm hoping , that the Rams did their homework on what the Bills would match or wouldn't

Seems like a hell of a deal if they can get him

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
If Bills match , can the Rams then up the offer