Rams make 2y offer to RFA Center Ryan Groy(Buffalo)/Bills match offer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
It is going to have to be a bit of an overpay for the Bills not to match, so probably median starter money.

I am not sure he can live up to that, but meh. Hopefully our new OL coach is on his game with this and knows what he's doing.

I don't think Groy has let up a sack in his starts. I think our Buffalo coach knows this Buffalo kid very well. He filled in for Wood after Wood broke his leg, for seven games and was better than GOOD.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Bills would have to eat 4 mil in dead cap to cut Eric Wood and have Cogs and John Miller locked in at the starting guards. They just signed back up guard Vlad Ducasse and have Patrick lewis who has starting experience at center making a 1 million. I don't see them matching. Pumped with the first and second wave moves by the Rams.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Rams smartly waited until after Eric Wood's and Richie Icognito's roster bonuses were paid so it is not really an option to cut those big money guys to make space for Groy. Love how we are operating this offseason.

TexasRam

Legend
Rams smartly waited until after Eric Wood's and Richie Icognito's roster bonuses were paid so it is not really an option to cut those big money guys to make space for Groy. Love how we are operating this offseason.

Ahhh. I see what we did there.

raw
13449396.gif

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
THe worst part of this is that we might have to wait 5 days to get the official answer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm hopeful that the Bills don't match because of their new OL Coach.(tends to prefer smaller OLs)

Groy would be a nice addition.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
We could use some RB help too. I would have signed their other RFA Mike Gillislee to a deal at the same time.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We could use some RB help too. I would have signed their other RFA Mike Gillislee to a deal at the same time.
With how deep this RB class is I wouldn't be shocked if we address it in the draft plus with a UDFA to go along with Gurley, Brown and Green. Doubt at this point they pay the money for Benny. Not sure on the contract status of Chase Reynolds.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm hopeful that the Bills don't match because of their new OL Coach.(tends to prefer smaller OLs)

Groy would be a nice addition.
I guess Groy will have to be known as the scrawny guy on the OL, being the tiny starter at 320lbs. What a group, these guys are monsters.

LT - Whitworth = 6'7" - 330
LG - Saffold = 6'5" - 332
C - Groy = 6'5 - 320
RG - Robinson = 6'5" - 332
RT - Havenstein = 6'7" - 321

Debacled

Starter
Bills would have to eat 4 mil in dead cap to cut Eric Wood and have Cogs and John Miller locked in at the starting guards. They just signed back up guard Vlad Ducasse and have Patrick lewis who has starting experience at center making a 1 million. I don't see them matching. Pumped with the first and second wave moves by the Rams.

Hah to hell with this Groy guy as a starter if the Bills cut Wood, I'd be all over that "cap casualty".

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

PROSPECTSPRESENTED BY
OG
RYAN GROY
WISCONSIN BIG TEN
2543886.jpg

?
  • 5.19 SEC
  • 26 REPS
  • 26.5 INCH
  • 108.0 INCH
  • 7.49 SEC
  • 4.47 SEC

• 6'5"HEIGHT
  • 33 1/4"ARM LENGTH
  • 316LBS.WEIGHT
  • 10 3/8"HANDS Yuuuuuuuuge will Make Rams OL great again...Trump Scouting
OVERVIEW
Wisconsin native. Redshirted in 2009. Set a school record by playing all 54 games of his career. Played 13 games in 2010, starting two at fullback. Played 14 games in 2011, starting four (three at left guard, one at center). Started all 14 games in 2012 (12 at left guard, two at left tackle). Started all 13 games at left guard in 2013.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Terrific size. Very football smart. Plays with awareness. Has enough strength to hold his ground. Can lean and seal when he has an angle. Surprisingly effective pulling and working to the second level. Competes and gives consistent effort. Three-year starter. Respected by teammates and coaches -- solid work ethic and character.
WEAKNESSES
Needs to develop better hip snap. Average initial quickness, athletic ability and pop on contact. Has heavy legs and tends to bend at the waist. Needs to improve punch and grip strength. Struggles adjusting to and fitting on moving targets.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Rounds 3-4
BOTTOM LINE
Big, durable, blue-collar guard who is generally effective despite lacking exceptional physical traits. As a starter, is the type you look to replace, but could be serviceable backup in a slide-protection scheme given his size, intelligence and functional anchor.-Nolan Nawrock

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess Groy will have to be known as the scrawny guy on the OL, being the tiny starter at 320lbs. What a group, these guys are monsters.

C - Groy = 6'5 - 320

Kromer has always preferred a very large OL.

DrHavenstein

Rookie
Name
Ty
Damn, the thing about living on the East coast, I wake up at 3 am to a bunch of Rams moves! Nothing happens during my day.

Pumped for this move, wasted zero time between Webster and Groy.

Can Buffalo decline early? Do teams often wait the full five days?

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

C - Groy = 6'5 - 320

Gotta draft a LG in rd 3 or 4, I can't see use depending on Staffold again, jmo

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Damn, the thing about living on the East coast, I wake up at 3 am to a bunch of Rams moves! Nothing happens during my day.

Pumped for this move, wasted zero time between Webster and Groy.

Can Buffalo decline early? Do teams often wait the full five days?

well, he technically hasn't signed yet. Expected to sign tomorrow (Tues) then the 5 days begins. I think by the 3rd day we should have our answer. Sounds like they would take a massive dead cap hit if they cut Woods their starter and they have another OC on roster too.. Looks good from the outside looking in.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Gotta draft a LG in rd 3 or 4, I can't see use depending on Staffold again, jmo
Not sure I agree, would still like to see what Kromer can do with Brown, Donnal, D.Williams & Wichmann, but I wouldn't be upset if that's where McVay finds BPA. I'm not seeing the OL quite as desperately as I was a few weeks ago, and we still have some other holes to patch. Right now i'm just pleased we won't have to use a high pick for a center in the upcoming draft, allowing more opportunities at WR, TE, OLB, DE, CB, DT & FS. Just guessing, but i'd bet this will be Saffold's final season as a Ram unless he unleashes some kind of all-pro type year, so I can wait another year for a higher drafted OG. jmo.