Rams lose a game (vent thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We couldn't even make a 33 yard field goal. Every phase sucked. Every phase.
Agreed. Every phase was ass.
But our D and STs haven't been outstanding at all this year. Our O has, so naturally expectations were higher.

I just don't know why anyone is reluctant to call everyone out. They all sucked, with few exceptions. (VJ, Hendo)

WestCoastRam

Legend
Also, I'd like to rewatch our games against the Cards last year and see if they were in no huddle a lot but this time around, we basically didn't do any disguises in secondary (I was at game and watching intently) post snap. No maybe that's cause it's hard to do when they're no huddling but I not so sure on that.

I personally think not having JJ and Hill have also made a big diff on defense. Prob more JJ than Hill but both are missed.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Very good QBs are still human. Stafford didn't deliver today. Hopefully, this game was just a hiccup. The greater concern for me is Raheem Morris. I'm not liking what I see of the scheme. I am hoping we'll see something better as the year goes. Because right now, it is a very uninspiring scheme. I've been especially disappointed in how little he has done to try and free up Donald to make an impact.

I mean, Stafford has at least shown us he can perform at a high level... Morris... eeeeeeeeeeeeh

WestCoastRam

Legend
Agreed. Every phase was ass.
But our D and STs haven't been outstanding at all this year. Our O has, so naturally expectations were higher.

I just don't know why anyone is reluctant to call everyone out. They all sucked, with few exceptions. (VJ, Hendo)

I need to rewatch but the Oline did a great job I think too. Shame to waste their effort. Good holes in running game, and for as much as they were forced to drop back, I actually thought they did an amazing job.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Despite my massive disappointment in our teams limp performance, I still believe we are the same contender we were through weeks 1-3.

But another game like that and I'm going to be hard pressed to believe we will sniff a championship this year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I really couldn't understand why we abandoned the run so often especially near the red zone.
Yeah the QB sneak on the goal line just felt wrong. The previous one they converted was sort of close already, so using hindsight here admittedly but I feel like handing the ball to Michel a couple times = TD on that series.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cornerback was my top draft need tied with OL and it remains there so far.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Despite my massive disappointment in our teams limp performance, I still believe we are the same contender we were through weeks 1-3.

But another game like that and I'm going to be hard pressed to believe we will sniff a championship this year.
I agree bad. Simply because offensive teams that get a defense playing hot prior to the playoffs have shown you can make a run of it, like the Chiefs did a couple years back.

It's still early and this team has a lot of room to grow. Last team standing is usually the team that grows the most over the season so I think we're still in this thing. But that defense does have to improve no doubt about it.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still too bummed about this one to even offer analysis....first time I shut off a game before the final whistle in a long time.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Cornerback was my top draft need tied with OL and it remains there so far.
That was very clear before the 2021 draft for you & me.

I wonder how we would describe that need @ corner after yesterday?

I could remind myself that none of the Rams 2021 draft selection has made any improvement on this 2021 team thus far other than maybe corner Rochell. 3 other Ram picks were selected before him.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I hate the NFC West
Amen.

Fuckers...the least they could do is lay down for five or six years.

Brady isn't half the legend he is today if the AFC East had been competent for even half of those 20 years.

Tano

Legend
That was very clear before the 2021 draft for you & me.

I wonder how we would describe that need @ corner after yesterday?

I could remind myself that none of the Rams 2021 draft selection has made any improvement on this 2021 team thus far other than maybe corner Rochell. 3 other Ram picks were selected before him.
I am hoping that Rochelle will be given a look at soon.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Still too bummed about this one to even offer analysis....first time I shut off a game before the final whistle in a long time.

Hate to admit it, but I also had to shut this game down early, ... just couldn't take it anymore at the end of the 3'rd quarter.
McVay afraid to go for it on 4'th & short while in Cards territory, settling for 3 points while well behind, not running the ball on many other occasions when that was the only aspect of the game showing consistent success.
Morris determined not to budge on making adjustments, both scheme-wise and with personnel.
Both Stafford & Kupp not being on their game. I can excuse the occasional lapse of concentration by otherwise outstanding players, but I have a much more difficult time with coaches who are prone to repeating past mistakes. Yes, I largely blame Morris for the outcome of this game, although McVay is just as responsible, and that is harder to swallow. Snead needs to have a sit-down with his HC, OC & DC right soon.
jmo.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Hate to admit it, but I also had to shut this game down early, ... just couldn't take it anymore at the end of the 3'rd quarter.
McVay afraid to go for it on 4'th & short while in Cards territory, settling for 3 points while well behind, not running the ball on many other occasions when that was the only aspect of the game showing consistent success.
Morris determined not to budge on making adjustments, both scheme-wise and with personnel.
Both Stafford & Kupp not being on their game. I can excuse the occasional lapse of concentration by otherwise outstanding players, but I have a much more difficult time with coaches who are prone to repeating past mistakes. Yes, I largely blame Morris for the outcome of this game, although McVay is just as responsible, and that is harder to swallow. Snead needs to have a sit-down with his HC, OC & DC right soon.
jmo.

Turned it off when they went up 34-13. Was obvious there was no coming back with the combo of bad play, defensive scheme and play-calling.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, this place will experience the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat on Thursday night. Hopefully this thread dies then... or else...
subTYY9.jpg

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Shitty loss. Hopefully no blueprints. Luckily no injuries. Cardinals will lose sometime. Rams needed a loss to work on their deficiencies anyway as much as we hate for it to happen.
Maybe an injury to long would be OK. It took an injury last year for coaches to see what everyone on ROD saw. Noteboom sucked at gard.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I really couldn't understand why we abandoned the run so often especially near the red zone.

i thought that is why we paid so much for a qb that could get us tds instead of fg. i am pretty sure that if we stayed with the run and it didn't work people would be saying why did we pay so much for saffold if we are not going to use him in the red zone. the way the game was going i have to agree with you we should have run it because the run was going well and saffold was off but i am sure that if the run got stuffed people would be saying why did we not use saffold. hind sight is almost always right.

Status
Not open for further replies.